• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Acts 1 Judas Iscariot suicide

Frank Goad

In acts 1:16-26 it talks about Judas suicide.And in verses 24-25.It says Judas went to his own place.What is his own place?:confused: By the way I am talking about the king james version of the bible.:)

Last edited:

pearl

Judas’ betraying kiss (14:44-45) would seem to derive from 2 Samuel 20:7-10, where Joab, backed up by armed men, greets Amasa as a brother, kisses him, then stabs him (Miller, p. 337). This identification, Helms notes (p. 117), is secured once we realize that Luke has modeled his version of Judas’ miserable death upon that of Amasa. 2 Samuel 20:10 LXX tells us that Amasa’s “bowels poured out (execuqh) upon the ground,” precisely as Luke tells us (Acts 1:18) that when Judas died, “he burst open, so that his entrails poured out (execuqh).”

New Testament Narrative as Old Testament Midrash by Robert M. Price (mindvendor.com)

Jeremiah Ames

it seems that acts is far far different than the law, the prophets, the gospels, and revelation.

maybe somewhat similar to Paul’s writings

i prefer to see what the Lord tells us

but if you’re wondering where Judas went after death?

is it possible that he went to heaven?

John 17 and 18 give us some clues.
Judas surely was remorseful, and does it not appear that he repented?
Matthew 27:4. Judas recognized that he sinned.
in John 18:9, the Lord says “of them which thou gavest me have I lost none”

who knows besides the Lord?