• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Actress Ellen Page comes out as transgender man, changes name to Elliot

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
You can mark a post that is humorous as Funny. You cannot mock another's views via the funny rating.

When I mark a post funny it is because funny is my first reaction.

Apparently, there is a rubric somewhere through which out sense of humor is assessed.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
I see you identified yourself as male in your public profile. Please: tell us all about your genitals.

If you're not comfortable with this, you're always free to edit your profile to keep this private.

I am not the one waving a flag around saying "look at me, I am transitioning".

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Right. Such things are interesting because they're so foreign
to normal folk those of us far removed from the experience.
I note also that the poster did not ask her him...he only asked of her him.
Btw, I though his their best work was for Vice (Gaycation), not in the movies.

Having some difficulty navigating the terms & pronouns here.
Just use "they" as a general pronoun if you're unsure. Page has stated that he goes by both he and them pronouns.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
When I mark a post funny it is because funny is my first reaction.

Apparently, there is a rubric somewhere through which out sense of humor is assessed.

You can always ask for the Rubric in Site Feedback to make sure it is being followed.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I found your post funny. But I was told we can no longer mark posts as funny.

You are funny.
You can mark posts as funny - just not to make fun of people.
(Which often puts me in a conflict. Is that person making a satirical remark or is s/he really that dumb?
When in doubt, I assume the later. The chance for that to be correct is higher and it avoids being reprimanded.)
@Revoltingest, against his own testimony, is not dumb. When you find his posts funny, it most likely was meant that way.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Well, this is exciting and unexpected (although not shocking). I've been a fan of Page's for at least 15 years now. I had a big crush on them a while back, too. When they came as lesbian about a decade ago, they were a great representivr for the lesbian community, and I have no doubt he will represent trans people well. Congrats on coming out!

Elliot Page, Oscar-Nominated ‘Juno’ Star, Announces He Is Transgender
Elliot Page, champion for the LGBTQ+ community, comes out as trans in statement on social media
He should have gone with "Alan".