• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

According to the UN, migration should be a human right

siti

Here is another that shows that I am not the only one that has had enough of Globalisation and its negative effects on nation states...It looks like the United Nations and the EU have gone too far this time.
Hang on....so, because of immigration Merkel and Macron look set for the fall and if the US isn't tough on immigration Trump might go the same way...how is any of this a bad thing exactly? If that prediction is correct, I'd say: tear down the border fences and send the border control staff on extended leave...better yet, give them all paid holidays in Acapulco - the immigrants will happily look after their homes for them 'til they get back...

Honestly - how can anyone take this discussion of a very serious issue seriously while people are posting these ridiculous fake right wing conspiracy theory news sources? @Notanumber please do desist and at least post your own thoughts (should you happen to have any).

Curious George

Veteran Member
Yes, plenty.

Here is another that shows that I am not the only one that has had enough of Globalisation and its negative effects on nation states.

It looks like the United Nations and the EU have gone too far this time.
Liberal globalist agenda?

No i was looking for substance. Do you have any of that?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Mass immigration causes mayhem –

Sweden is forcing its people to pay for state propaganda -

Criticism of migration will be criminalised.

Countries that import the third world will become the third world.

Altfish

Veteran Member
If we tackle poverty - ie give aid to these struggling countries then their population will not want to leave.
Secondly, we must tackle climate change; many of these countries are getting impossible to live in for much of the year; unbearable temperatures and crop failures.

All this scaremongering is a smokescreen to the developed world's failures.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It is not at all racist, but it is a fact that was stated in the above video by a Member of the European Parliament.

Of course, we will not be allowed to express factual opinions that others find racist when this Compact is enforced.
But you should expect your 'facts' to be challenged. What is it that you've not been allowed to say?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It is not at all racist, but it is a fact that was stated in the above video by a Member of the European Parliament.

Of course, we will not be allowed to express factual opinions that others find racist when this Compact is enforced.
I didn't watch any video. It certainly sounded like thinly veiled racism to me.

HonestJoe

The vague and abstract and sometimes incoherent language is in the document for a reason. The most parsimonious reason I can think of, is that the folks who crafted the document are working to normalize some really scary concepts. One great way to do that, is to create documents just like this one.
I’m not sure it’s as vague as you make it out to be, it’s just in the often weird diplomatic language (which is as often about being specific rather than vague) though I’m sure there was also lots of petty politics behind all of this, leading to generic promises and concepts rather than specific commitments or policy.

As for whether the UN can implement anything, I never said they could.
and that the UN is using manipulative tactics to normalize and then implement the idea that migration should be a human right.
Even if that was the underlying meaning of the document, it could still never actually become a practical reality.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Immag.png
wow

Curious George

Veteran Member
Mass immigration causes mayhem –

Sweden is forcing its people to pay for state propaganda -

Criticism of migration will be criminalised.

Countries that import the third world will become the third world.
It seems your first video is people explaining how the decline of purchasing power and the increase in tax is impacting them. There is no substantial argument put forward explaimimg how this is the fault of globalism, multiculturalism, or migrants. You seem to want to just point the finger.
The second video:
"Democracy is being used to slowly strangle white nations..." "we find ourselves overun by people with whom we mostly have no contact, and certainly no racial, cultural, or historical link" "to understand nation is to understand blood and that nothing will replace it"

Lol. And people wonder why others think that there is racism involved. Even your own words amount to fear mongering. Threatening becoming a third world country for allowing people of a third world country to enter.

This is rhetoric designed to raise fears of people who are different. Do you have substance? A real argument, not just emotional rhetoric.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Even if that was the underlying meaning of the document, it could still never actually become a practical reality.

Again, if you wanted to pull something like this off, this sort of normalization project would be a good first step. As far as whether it ever might happen, I wish I had your optimism.

Shad

Veteran Member
If we tackle poverty - ie give aid to these struggling countries then their population will not want to leave.

We have been doing that for decades. It does not work as many of the nations in poverty are so due to it's leaders. Said leaders merely take "free" money and do that they want with it.

Shad

Veteran Member
More accurately, third world will cease to exist.

Nope. Emigration does not solve 3rd world problems. It merely moves a part of the population outside the effect of a 3rd world nation they happened to live in at the time.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Oh! What a tangled web they weave when they practice to deceive.

Those countries that sign up will have state funded propaganda paid for by those deemed wealthy enough.

Who wants to live in a dualistic society?

Altfish

Veteran Member
We have been doing that for decades. It does not work as many of the nations in poverty are so due to it's leaders. Said leaders merely take "free" money and do that they want with it.
No, we have done that for decades by tying it to trade deals (usually arms deals) that these countries can't afford.
I see you ignored by comment about Climate Change.