• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

According to the Bible

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Thanks. Why do you think some people attack homosexuals with homosexulity. If that be the case, hetero- and homo- would be in the same category.

Its weird. Some of us are called homoexual and since homosexuality is a sin, they connect us not knowing that what "they" call us doesn't determine our behavior.

It's like someone calling you a lier, lying is a sin, they call you sinner even all have the ability to lie

Thanks for understanding the question.

I guess there could be varied reasons on both sides of the coin:

1. Some people are religious
  2. Some haven't been instructed correctly
  3. Some are controlled by fear
  4. Some don't know when it is a conversation vs an attack
  5. Some people don't want to take responsibility for their acts

Iymus

Can a straight person be homosexual and a gay person be heterosexual?
behave and feel.

Does it make a difference?
1Co 6:17 KJV But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Can you expand. I'm not sure how you're using that verse

1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

following the ways of an harlot or being one in agreement with the ways of an harlot makes you one or joined

following the ways of the Most High or being one in agreement with the ways of The Most High makes you one or joined
----------------------------

following the ways of an heterosexual or being one in agreement with heterosexual makes you one or joined.

following the ways of an homosexual or being one in agreement with homosexual makes you one or joined.

Eze 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13 When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

Eze 33:14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Eze 33:16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17 Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
According to the Bible, people CAN be whatever they choose.
And your Bible reference(s) supporting this assertion?
People have free will, as evidenced throughout the OT and NT. They can exercise it as they choose. They may choose God, and his ways, or not.
Nice dance.
No dance, the truth. people CAN be whatever they choose

What I "want" is for you to answer my original question. You can't, and we both know it, and your subsequent efforts to mask that fact is both obvious and disingenuous.

More to the point regarding "people CAN be whatever they choose," a gay person can no more choose to be heterosexual than I can choose to be Afro-Asian.

Iymus

Can Creation exist without a reason or purpose?

If Creationism is valid then who would give the reason or purpose other than the Creator?

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Iymus

According to the Bible, people CAN be whatever they choose.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

BC Homosexuality is a behavior.
21st century it's an orientation.

By “BC standards” there was no such thing as “gay” or “straight.” Those are concepts that the BC folks didn’t have. So the answer is “no,” because there were no “gay” or “straight” people back then.

I speculate Homosexuality was being "strong and independent" back in the day and perhaps even today.

However back then husbands and fathers having more responsibility and power, along with there being a need for labor and productivity thru population growth; this " strength and independence " had to be in the closet until civilizations were at there zenith and then decadence followed; or being an agenda of a foreign power to destabilize or taper down.

Ecc 1:10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I guess there could be varied reasons on both sides of the coin:

1. Some people are religious
  2. Some haven't been instructed correctly
  3. Some are controlled by fear
  4. Some don't know when it is a conversation vs an attack
  5. Some people don't want to take responsibility for their acts

I assume one would be educated to know the difference before forming an opinion against it?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

following the ways of an harlot or being one in agreement with the ways of an harlot makes you one or joined

following the ways of the Most High or being one in agreement with the ways of The Most High makes you one or joined
----------------------------

following the ways of an heterosexual or being one in agreement with heterosexual makes you one or joined.

following the ways of an homosexual or being one in agreement with homosexual makes you one or joined.

Eze 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

Eze 33:13 When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

Eze 33:14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Eze 33:16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17 Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.

The scripture is clogging your points. KJV makes it hard to understand.

Hetersexuals can become homosexuals depending on who they have sex with?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Can Creation exist without a reason or purpose?

If Creationism is valid then who would give the reason or purpose other than the Creator?

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

I can't find the connection between my quote and yours

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

I speculate Homosexuality was being "strong and independent" back in the day and perhaps even today.

However back then husbands and fathers having more responsibility and power, along with there being a need for labor and productivity thru population growth; this " strength and independence " had to be in the closet until civilizations were at there zenith and then decadence followed; or being an agenda of a foreign power to destabilize or taper down.

Ecc 1:10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

How do you mean strong and independent?

pearl

If homosexuality and heterosexuality are nothing but behaviors then you can be homosexual today if you have sex with a member of the same sex today and you'd be heterosexual tomorrow if you have sex with a member of the opposite sex tomorrow.

I thinks its important to differentiate between true a sexuality and actions within false circumstances, unnatural environment, where the sex act betrays its sexuality.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
By BC standards?
I don't even know what that means, really. By BC standards, there were no psychological illnesses, just demonic possession. Even long ago, humans knew that there were some of them who preferred sex with members of their own gender, but couldn't tell you why. They just assumed everybody was basically alike in that regard, but some chose to behave differently.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There is. It's in all abrahamic text: bible, quran, bahai scriptures, Torah, so have you

BC Homosexuality is a behavior.
21st century it's an orientation.

In other words, the "interpretation" definition (whatever) is different then as it was now. The question is referring to homosexuality being a behavior as per the text not an orientation as it is today.
All sexual activity is a behaviour. As I said, it is perfectly possible, even fairly common, for people with one orientation to behave as if they had another. Check out any single gender institution, for example -- like prisons, or boys or girls private schools.

rrobs

And your Bible reference(s) supporting this assertion?
Well there is,

Deut 30:19,

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
We can choose whatever we want, but their are repercussions for whatever choice we make. Apparently it's a matter of life and death.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
All sexual activity is a behaviour. As I said, it is perfectly possible, even fairly common, for people with one orientation to behave as if they had another. Check out any single gender institution, for example -- like prisons, or boys or girls private schools.

I'm being technical, any person can do any sexual activity (of course), how can an orientation behave as another when orientation is irrelevant to behavior?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don't even know what that means, really. By BC standards, there were no psychological illnesses, just demonic possession. Even long ago, humans knew that there were some of them who preferred sex with members of their own gender, but couldn't tell you why. They just assumed everybody was basically alike in that regard, but some chose to behave differently.

BC standards I mean the definition of homosexuality is a behavior rather than an orientation. It's a play on definitions/context in that a homosexual back them (someone practicing same-sex behavior) can be a heterosexual (those who practice opposite sex behavior) because the definition back then was based on behavior not orientation.

It's a slip on words and definitions because if a believer believes homosexuality is a sin because of behavior that doesn't exclude heterosexuality as a behavior. As a result, both gay can be straight and straight can be gay because it's based on behavior rather than orientation.

Since believers split the two words heterosexual normal and homosexual abnormal, then any hetero can be homo and homo can be hetereo. Which kind of makes it a bit off for believers because I don't know how they would feel if they knew they can change to be gay as a straight person.

One guy almost had a nervous break down as if I asked him what if he were a killer because their bible labeled the others a murderer.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
You're stuck on the words.

They were gay people then as well as straight. So, the words are irrelevant.
Were there? If we asked any of a number of ancients, how would they identify themselves? Would they say “I’m straight” or “I’m heterosexual?” No. There was no concept for sexual orientation, hence no gay people, no straight people — just people.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Were there? If we asked any of a number of ancients, how would they identify themselves? Would they say “I’m straight” or “I’m heterosexual?” No. There was no concept for sexual orientation, hence no gay people, no straight people — just people.

We exist without needing to identify ourselves. That's like saying people with blue eyes didn't exist because there were (hypothetical) no person who identified with blue eyes back then.

People were gay, straight, tall, short, black, white, etc back then and today. There is no cut off point between BC and now. It's one continuous history and present day. Language is not near the point.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Too lazy to look to see if I replied to this.
The commandment concerning adultery has a spiritual basis that is unchangeable -but -unlike others -is also based on the originally-intended state of two distinct human genders.

Two distinct genders are dependent upon an overall system which can be adversely affected.

Not sure how this relates?

When a person is not distinctly male or female OUTWARDLY and PHYSICALLY -it is apparent.
Any gender distinctions which are otherwise would not be apparent.

I'm talking about sex not gender.

From a human perspective, I think... "How would you advise a hermaphrodite to be -or be with -a husband or wife? -and can this apply to less apparent things"

umm.....

From a spiritual perspective, I think... "We will eventually have no gender -will neither marry or be given in marriage (don't worry -there are things better than sex) -what is the best way to keep the commandments?"

Is the post intentionally supposed to be to me?

I'm not getting the connection.