• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AC Valhalla

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Finally getting around to playing this game, I am amused so far exploring the beginning lands.

How is it my friends who have played this game?

Anything I should look out for? Good begining gear?

This is my first attempt at an AC game since I got bored of the repetition of the first game.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Aside from some minor nitpicks, both bugs and historical (no reason for vikings to have seige technology when castles didn't exist yet!) The game has a wonderful atmosphere and soundtrack. :)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Aside from some minor nitpicks, both bugs and historical (no reason for vikings to have seige technology when castles didn't exist yet!) The game has a wonderful atmosphere and soundtrack. :)

Haven't made it to the seige engines part. Wishful thinking on behalf of developers.lol

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So apparently the Vikings did have some seige tech, they just weren't very good at it.

Did the Vikings Use Archery, Cavalry, and Siege Weapons?.
Yes much later castle seige technology started arriving but by then the vikings were almost out of the picture having largely settled.
But when the game took place (in order to get a certain historic occupation) there weren't castles in England yet. There wasn't anything to seige.

Ironically that picture in that website of the seige of Paris is a late adaptation, the actual Paris didn't have ramparts yet. So they wouldn't have had to contend with that.

Last edited:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's a great video that goes into the historical ups (and there are plenty to be sure) and downs of the game.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Here's a great video that goes into the historical ups (and there are plenty to be sure) and downs of the game.

Good video. Makes sense. I certainly wasn't expecting perfect historical accuracy, and noticed the stave church, and Roman ruin thing myself (and the tattoos/hair), but never would have noticed the castles. Medieval history was never something I dug too much into, but I might starting soon.

The game plays like episodes of the Vikings tv show (with assassins) which was also historically a mess, I've heard. (Only watched a couple seasons myself)

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Ooh. I dual wield a smaller battle axe and a much larger two handed one. Slicing and dicing is my fave. Man, those body parts sure do fly. Lol.

All the impaling!!! I've got a full Ravens path and most of the wolf path filled with some bear path.

The raids are fun, but this game is long!

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
All the impaling!!! I've got a full Ravens path and most of the wolf path filled with some bear path.

The raids are fun, but this game is long!
I love impaling them on their own swords and spears. :D

I mostly use the bear path. :) Yes, it is a very long game. Lol. I like that, though. I'm in no rush.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I mostly use the bear path. :) Yes, it is a very long game. Lol. I like that, though. I'm in no rush.

Bear path sounds like you. I started out full Wolf, then switched to Raven later on, supplemented by Wolf and Bear almost equally. I'm like almost 100 hours in hahahaha, long indeed.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Bear path sounds like you. I started out full Wolf, then switched to Raven later on, supplemented by Wolf and Bear almost equally. I'm like almost 100 hours in hahahaha, long indeed.
That explains it. I'm only 60-something hours in. I go through phases of playing it a lot, playing other games or not playing video games at all for a bit. I did pretty much only play that game a for long bit, though.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Oh AC Valhalla is so much fun. It’s a rainy day here so a play through is likely in my near future

That explains it. I'm only 60-something hours in. I go through phases of playing it a lot, playing other games or not playing video games at all for a bit. I did pretty much only play that game a for long bit, though.

I hit max level cap (409).... Now what?

:p:D:p