• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abuse

Iymus

If living under and always being a part of an abusive atmosphere, what can be done to change that?

Leave. However if that simple perhaps you would'nt ask the question.
Depends on type of abuse, perhaps counseling and reporting to respective authorities.

MJ Bailey

One difficulty may be supposed respective authorities are just as corrupt and can be even more lethal than just abuse. Say if everyone close in whom you should be able to trust are involved in things that are highly illegal, highly corrupt and possibly deadly; then what?

Iymus

One difficulty may be supposed respective authorities are just as corrupt and can be even more lethal than just abuse. Say if everyone close in whom you should be able to trust are involved in things that are highly illegal, highly corrupt and possibly deadly; then what?

Relocation seems practical. Perhaps to another location with family and adequate social network along with means to make ends meet.

MJ Bailey

That was a definite consideration at one time, then I was told some information verbatim in which could actually make my situation even worse.

Audie

Veteran Member
That was a definite consideration at one time, then I was told some information verbatim in which could actually make my situation even worse.

Nobody would expect you to give specifics but in general,
the answer is, run. As you surely know.

Iymus

perhaps brainstorming of ways to reform the abuser and a plan of action?

MJ Bailey

TY Audie for your response, and yes I have seriously considered running, but logically there isn't a safe place that I can think of to run to. TY lymus as well for your input. I have had conversations about reformation, but unfortunately my voice falls on def ears. The logical equation IMO is to do my best to protect myself and the ones I love to the very best of my abilities. I am educated quite well in Criminal Law and also have had 1month of specialized training (although several years ago, but it has saved my life more than once) and hope that I can properly handle the situation the best I can with the resources I have.

MJ Bailey

TY Audie for your response, and yes I have seriously considered running, but logically there isn't a safe place that I can think of to run to. TY lymus as well for your input. I have had conversations about reformation, but unfortunately my voice falls on def ears. The logical equation IMO is to do my best to protect myself and the ones I love to the very best of my abilities. I am educated quite well in Criminal Law and also have had 1month of specialized training (although several years ago, but it has saved my life more than once) and hope that I can properly handle the situation the best I can with the resources I have.

Iymus

also don't overlook ways you could possibly be me more resilient

Meditation
Exercise
Dancing
Etc
Perhaps looking for more reasons to be out and about and focused on something