• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Dead

esmith

Veteran Member
ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi dead at his own hand after U.S. Special Ops cornered the rat.
However it seems that some are not too happy about how it was handled; Pelosi and Schiff are complaining that they were not informed of the raid.
Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, other key Democrats were not made aware of Baghdadi raid before it happened, Trump says - CNNPolitics
Just what makes these two think they have any say if the operation took place or not.

Edited removed comments about bin-Laden takedown

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
3eisn2.jpg

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It was so nice of Trump to inform Putin of the raid in advance, but not the American Congressional and Senatorial leadership. Shows you which country Trump owes his allegiance -- and it's not America.

Then again, we all know who pulls Trump's strings -- Putin.

esmith

Veteran Member
It was so nice of Trump to inform Putin of the raid in advance, but not the American Congressional and Senatorial leadership. Shows you which country Trump owes his allegiance -- and it's not America.

Do you not think the Russian Military should not have been informed when US military were flying into area where Russian troops were deployed?
Maybe this will answer your unfounded comments>
https://nypost.com/2019/10/27/natio...ly-despite-being-alerted-of-al-baghdadi-raid/

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Do you not think the Russian Military should not have been informed when US military were flying into area where Russian troops were deployed?
Maybe this will answer your unfounded comments>
https://nypost.com/2019/10/27/natio...ly-despite-being-alerted-of-al-baghdadi-raid/

Nothing kept Trump from informing the Congressional and Senate leadership -- as is customary -- except Trump's master, Vladimir Putin did not want the American leadership informed. As you know full well, esmith, Putin has Trump's balls in his pocket, and Trump does not do anything that will displease Putin.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My reaction was that while it may be better that he's gone, gloating over killing another,however bad, is ghoulish.
Considering the horrendous and hideous crimes he put on people to the point that even Al-Qaeda took a step back, I would say he was sub human.

The only tragedy is he took his three children with him as he detonated himself into human hamburger.

esmith

Veteran Member
Nothing kept Trump from informing the Congressional and Senate leadership -- as is customary -- except Trump's master, Vladimir Putin did not want the American leadership informed. As you know full well, esmith, Putin has Trump's balls in his pocket, and Trump does not do anything that will displease Putin.
Too bad you have little or no understanding of military operations.

Just tell me why you think he should.
With the leaks produced by Congress and those that oppose the President within Congress I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them wouldn't leak the information just to make his decision to go look bad.

Cooky

Veteran Member

You been watching CNN again? :)

Cooky

Veteran Member
Whatever happens, Trumps gonna be blamed for something. It doesn't even matter what it is.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You been watching CNN again? :)

How's Drudge these days? By the way, I stick to the Associated Press, Bloomsberg, the Wall Street Journal, the Hill, the New York Times, Reuters, etc. You have most likely never read or viewed most of my news sources. But I'm sure you're quite happy with Breitbart and World News Daily. And they probably love you too.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Is there anyone expecting this death to solve much?

I certainly do not. What are the odds that this Abu Bakr was peerless or anything?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Is there anyone expecting this death to solve much?

I certainly do not. What are the odds that this Abu Bakr was peerless or anything?

Killing Bin Laden did not prevent Abu Bakr. Killing Abu Bakr is not going to prevent the world's next master-terrorist. Worse, sooner or later, one of those guys is going to get his or her hands on a weapon of mass destruction. This game of killing them one after the other at the very best is only delaying the day of reckoning.

The problem of terrorism must be solved. Killing ain't the solution -- even if it is a holding action (and it can be debated whether killing is even an effective holding action).