• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

absolute truth

Ceridwen018 said:
Rains and floods all over the mid-west.What can this mean. A flood means falsities from hell. Overflow the land means the samething. The people bring on these floods by their false ideas about God. Check the weather channel. Rains and floods also means temptations between truth and falsities in a person.

Harry

Or, it could just be the rainy season.

Doesn't it seem weird to you that people have a surge of false ideas about god between the months of April and June every year on the money?

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/mtr/svr/home.rxml

Here is a site which explains how storms and tornados form, as well as other natural weather occurances. Take some time and study up.

Thunder" means the Divine truth or Word in its power. Dark clouds means falsities from hell. All false ideas are from hell.

So long as a man does not shun evils as sins, the lusts of evils close up the interiors of the natural mind on the part of the will. They are as a thick veil there, and as a dark cloud beneath the spiritual mind, preventing it from being opened. But as soon as a man shuns evils as sins, then the Lord flows in from heaven, removes the veil, disperses the cloud and opens the spiritual mind, and introduces the man into heaven.

Harry

Ceridwen018

Thunder" means the Divine truth or Word in its power. Dark clouds means falsities from hell. All false ideas are from hell.

So long as a man does not shun evils as sins, the lusts of evils close up the interiors of the natural mind on the part of the will. They are as a thick veil there, and as a dark cloud beneath the spiritual mind, preventing it from being opened. But as soon as a man shuns evils as sins, then the Lord flows in from heaven, removes the veil, disperses the cloud and opens the spiritual mind, and introduces the man into heaven.

Harry

Why should I believe this, Harry?

Did you look at the link I gave you?

zipo29

"Simple as this: there is no truth." quoted from isis on the first page

lol are you telling me the truth

Lightkeeper

SpiritualSon said:
Ceridwen018 said:
Rains and floods all over the mid-west.What can this mean. A flood means falsities from hell. Overflow the land means the samething. The people bring on these floods by their false ideas about God. Check the weather channel. Rains and floods also means temptations between truth and falsities in a person.

Harry

Or, it could just be the rainy season.

Doesn't it seem weird to you that people have a surge of false ideas about god between the months of April and June every year on the money?

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/mtr/svr/home.rxml

Here is a site which explains how storms and tornados form, as well as other natural weather occurances. Take some time and study up.

Harry

The Biblical references to floods, storms, thunder and droughts are all metaphors. If you are not giving you will experience an inner drought. If you sin you will most likely experience an inner storm, i.e. guilt and turmoil. If you are giving, loving, compassionate, you will experience an inner heaven, i.e. peace and joy.

Ceridwen018 said:

Harry

Did you look at the link I gave you?

Why should I believe this, Harry?

The actions of the climate and weather,even at it's birth is a correspondences.The birth of a storm is a correspondences to the church in man.

All creatures on this planet are correspondences to the state of the church in man.

If we turn our attention to the humblest creatures on earth, there is a wonderful picture of regeneration of the man presented by the way silk-worms and many caterpillars are transformed into nymphs and butterflies, and other insects which as time goes on are adorned with wings. To these examples even more trivial ones can be added, such as the fondness of certain birds for plunging in water in order to wash and cleanse themselves, after which they revert to their role as song-birds. In short, the whole world from first to last is full of representations and models of regeneration.

Harry

SpiritualSon said:
If we turn our attention to the humblest creatures on earth, there is a wonderful picture of regeneration of the man presented by the way silk-worms and many caterpillars are transformed into nymphs and butterflies, and other insects which as time goes on are adorned with wings. To these examples even more trivial ones can be added, such as the fondness of certain birds for plunging in water in order to wash and cleanse themselves, after which they revert to their role as song-birds. In short, the whole world from first to last is full of representations and models of regeneration.
Once again, Harry has plaigerized. This is from a writing called True Christian Religion. It can be found at this website: http://www.theheavenlydoctrines.org/static/d12851/687.htm Please tell us when you are quoting from another source, Harry. Otherwise, you give the impression that these are your words, when in fact they are not--that is called plaigerism.

Ceridwen018

Maybe you should just tell us when you're *not* plaigerizing, Harry.

It troubles me that you have accepted your religion totally and completely and blindly, and seem to have no opinions of your own.

Pah

Uber all member
Ceridwen018 said:
Maybe you should just tell us when you're *not* plaigerizing, Harry.

It troubles me that you have accepted your religion totally and completely and blindly, and seem to have no opinions of your own.

It would trouble me that stealing words is part of his faith and contradictory to Jeremiah 23:30-31

Ceridwen018,
In every person there is a soul,body and operation.The operation is the spirit of the person.The spirit is part of the person's being,and cannot be divided from the person.The Lord too had a Soul,Body and Spirit.His was the Father,Son and Holy Spirit.His was Divine,ours is human. Since the spirit cannot be divided from the person,how can there be a third person called the Holy Spirit be divided when the Person Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit is Divine Truth,and the Divine Truth is the Word, and the Lord is the Word,so there He is the Holy Spirit.

http://www.theheavenlydoctrines.org/
http://newearth.org/frontier/

Harry

criewell, u have to have good intentions before u can receive the gift of faith, it is available only to those who want to worship him. moslems and jews also have faith.
proof of our Creator is not blind faith. there are 25 proofs of our Creator. they r in the summa theologica of thomas aquinas and one is my own.
i would rather be ruled by Love than death and destruction(evil)
there are many more than 5 senses. read about the topic on senses in i think it's world philosophies. it could be in a different form i'm not sure. it is a very pleasantly revealing. i think u will find it very interesting.
optomists are much happier than pessimists.

Ceridwen018

jon,

I agree that optimists are happier than pessimists, which is why I choose to be the former.

Doesn't it bother you that in order to have faith in your god, you already have to be blindly convinced of him? Why can't god tangibly convince you of his existence and THEN you choose to have faith?

And yes, your faith is blind in my opinion. I would really like it if you could list these 25 'proofs' though. I only hope that they don't consist of bible verses, snippets such as 'the majesty of nature', or anything claiming humans weren't capable of making it up.

one proof is enough but i'll give u two. see a watch, u know there is a watchmaker. see creation, u know there is a Creator.
space cant end yet it seems it must, which is both logical and illogical. only a Creator could create infinite space.
have u heard of the Book of Life? everyone who is and will go to heaven are inscribed in this book. the others chose death and destruction. just wanting to go to heaven won't get u there. u have to act lovingly or you're doomed.
r u afraid to love? it takes courage and effort. i'd rather have peace or mind than confusion and torment, wouldn't u?
God chooses us, we don't choose God unless he chooses us. Prayer is just communication with our Lord. I've dreamed of Jesus three times.

Ceridwen018

jon,

see a watch, u know there is a watchmaker. see creation, u know there is a Creator.

Not necessarily. You see, a watch is made out of dead materials which are naturally separate from each other. The reason why a watch requires a watchmaker is because it is the unnatural comination of particular elements, and thus cannot be formed naturally. Our universe, on the other hand, is fully capable of producing life without a creator (obviously, I mean, we're here, aren't we?). This is because everything which is living has been naturally formed from materials which work and evolve together, therefore creating something more complex, etc. Does this make sense to you?

space cant end yet it seems it must, which is both logical and illogical. only a Creator could create infinite space.

I do not see any logic at all in the statement that only a creator could create infinite space. It seems to me that you are simply using a 'filling in the gaps' argument--attributing things to god because you don't understand them.

have u heard of the Book of Life? everyone who is and will go to heaven are inscribed in this book. the others chose death and destruction. just wanting to go to heaven won't get u there. u have to act lovingly or you're doomed.

Have you seen the book of life? Didn't think so. You're just taking it for granted that such a thing really 'exists', because that's what people have told you.

r u afraid to love? it takes courage and effort. i'd rather have peace or mind than confusion and torment, wouldn't u?

I would indeed, which is why I have peace of mind.

God chooses us, we don't choose God unless he chooses us. Prayer is just communication with our Lord. I've dreamed of Jesus three times.

And I've dreamed of making out with Heath Ledger like, nine times, but that doesn't mean that it's real. Dreams are considered to be the opposite of reality for a reason...being that they are.

crywell, i'm not going to argue about the obvious. that's ure problem not mine.
maybe some day u will solve ure problem. i hope so.
pride confuses the mind. if u truly love others besides yourself, u have nothing to worry about. trust is built, not to be taken for granted like faith.
keep thinking maybe u'll discover something or someone. simple love is the best. better not to get complicated in your thinking. it can be confusing. Love! happy belated fourth of july. butch

trishtrish10

i have heard of the Book of Life and used to wonder why God just didn't wipe out the ones that are not in it. a friend told me that it would ipede the livelihoods and future existence of some of those who are in it.
there are dreams and then there are dreams. the bad ones aren't reality and the good ones are. i like sex but don't put stock in dreams in which i sin or in any of sinful imaginations. i opt to be optimistic and only believe in a good future. things will go wrong everyday but i can't hardly control myself let alone anyone else.