• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

absolute truth

Spiritual Son, you have clearly copied and pasted from this website: http://www.hometemple.org/Nostradamus.htm

Here is the part that you copied and pasted:
CONCERNING PROPHECY
It is important to understand that future of the planet and humanity ripens from a causal or "karmic" chain of consequences that originate in human thought and action. The near future is a tightly articulated field of probabilities whose outcomes can be altered in a major way only by extreme transformation in the present, while the far future can be radically changed by small transformations consistently applied--not unlike navigation on the high seas. Human thought and action create the physical and noetic environments that produce chains of events and probable outcomes. Human beings do not yet realize their continual influence upon natural events such as earth changes, climate, and weather.

Often an outcome that flows from a strong current depends upon a critical area of human thought and action. For example, according to Scripture, the prophet Jonah was forced against his will to prophesy doom to the city of Ninevah because the inhabitants were in great need of "repentance," or nacham, literally "submission" to the Higher Nature. In other words, the culture of the city was devolutionary and immoral. But after he delivered his prophecy of doom, the people were deeply affected and made major reform efforts. Consequently, the disasters Jonah had prophesied did not manifest. At the end of the Book of Jonah, the prophet complains to God that now he looks like a charlatan because doom did not befall the city to vindicate his prophecies. God replies that the response of the people averted disaster, and the prophet should rejoice.
Why do you constantly plaigerize? Or is your name Bishop Lewis Keizer?

Mr_Spinkles said:
Spiritual Son, you have clearly copied and pasted from this website: http://www.hometemple.org/Nostradamus.htm

Here is the part that you copied and pasted:
CONCERNING PROPHECY
It is important to understand that future of the planet and humanity ripens from a causal or "karmic" chain of consequences that originate in human thought and action. The near future is a tightly articulated field of probabilities whose outcomes can be altered in a major way only by extreme transformation in the present, while the far future can be radically changed by small transformations consistently applied--not unlike navigation on the high seas. Human thought and action create the physical and noetic environments that produce chains of events and probable outcomes. Human beings do not yet realize their continual influence upon natural events such as earth changes, climate, and weather.

Often an outcome that flows from a strong current depends upon a critical area of human thought and action. For example, according to Scripture, the prophet Jonah was forced against his will to prophesy doom to the city of Ninevah because the inhabitants were in great need of "repentance," or nacham, literally "submission" to the Higher Nature. In other words, the culture of the city was devolutionary and immoral. But after he delivered his prophecy of doom, the people were deeply affected and made major reform efforts. Consequently, the disasters Jonah had prophesied did not manifest. At the end of the Book of Jonah, the prophet complains to God that now he looks like a charlatan because doom did not befall the city to vindicate his prophecies. God replies that the response of the people averted disaster, and the prophet should rejoice.
Why do you constantly plaigerize? Or is your name Bishop Lewis Keizer?

The human mind does have an influence on the weather. The way the weather is corresponds to their state of mind,especially from Cal too Texas, where bad storms are formed,Tornadoes,because of the thoughts and affections people have for God and the neighbor. Where I live no hurricanes has hit West Palm Beach,Florida for many years. Even one mind among many can influence the weather.

Harry

I have been posting on another forum run by Catholics.This one Catholic woman is very smart person. She understood that the John 1:5 contradicts the creed,where it saids I believe in one God,the Father Almighty,maker of heaven and earth,but in the Gospels of John it saids that all thing were made by Him,who is the Word.

"In the beginning was the Word; and the Word was with God, and God was the Word, and through it were all things made which were made.This means all creation was done by Divine Love or Divine Good by means of Divine Wisdom or Divine Truth,and the Word is Divine Truth.From the Lord comes Divine Truth,which is the Word.

And the Word was With God.With God means in God,for good is in truth,and truth is in good.

The Christian Church saids that the Holy Spirit is a third person.A god by itself,but how can you divide the spirit from its being.The Holy Spirit is part of the Lord's being, because the spirit is the person. Therefore Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit. Amen

Harry

Master Vigil

Please spiritualson, please tell me you don't think that bad weather occurs in an area due to the people living in that area disbelieving in christianity and being ill to their neigbors. Please tell me thats not what you mean. PLEASE!!??!!

Master Vigil said:
Please spiritualson, please tell me you don't think that bad weather occurs in an area due to the people living in that area disbelieving in christianity and being ill to their neigbors. Please tell me thats not what you mean. PLEASE!!??!!

The communioncation between the spiritual world and the natural world is by correspondences. This means all things living or dead are correspondences of man's thoughts and affection. The animals that were in the stabe when the Lord was born were correspondences of man's affection,if the man is good. There were no snakes in the stable because snakes correspond to natural ideas about God.

The stable inself corresponds to the man himself,being regenerated by the Lord,which means being born again. The man's should approach the Lord in a state of humiliation,and be true with God,because He knows our thoughts.

We are living in two worlds at the sametime,one called the spiritual,we are in that world as to our minds,which is our thoughts and affectionns. In the natural world we see with our eye,and do with our hands. Storms means false ideas about God from evil.

There many christians with false ideas about God bring on storms with their evil thoughts and uncharitable acts towards their neighbor.Repent and these storm will change unto gentle rain,as that flowers and good things may grow.

The Protestants believe the Lord pays no attention to their thoughts and affections if evil. They believe they are saved by faith alone.,and nothing else matters.And they wonder why a big storm is pounding on their house,knocking over trees. They don't know that they have brough the storms on thenselves by their evil doings.

Harry

Master Vigil said:

The communioncation between the spiritual world and the natural world is by correspondences. This means all things living or dead are correspondences of man's thoughts and affection. The animals that were in the stabe when the Lord was born were correspondences of man's affection,if the man is good. There were no snakes in the stable because snakes correspond to natural ideas about God.

The stable inself corresponds to the man himself,being regenerated by the Lord,which means being born again. The man's should approach the Lord in a state of humiliation,and be true with God,because He knows our thoughts.

We are living in two worlds at the sametime,one called the spiritual,we are in that world as to our minds,which is our thoughts and affectionns. In the natural world we see with our eye,and do with our hands. Storms means false ideas about God from evil.

There many christians with false ideas about God bring on storms with their evil thoughts and uncharitable acts towards their neighbor.Repent and these storm will change unto gentle rain,as that flowers and good things may grow.

The Protestants believe the Lord pays no attention to their thoughts and affections if evil. They believe they are saved by faith alone.,and nothing else matters.And they wonder why a big storm is pounding on their house,knocking over trees. They don't know that they have brough the storms on thenselves by their evil doings.

Harry

Master Vigil said:

Harry

Lightkeeper

SpiritualSon said:
Master Vigil said:

Harry

Then why do we have droughts? We could make millions if we could control the weather. Quite honestly, I don't think God would want humans to have this much power. Your theory give people power over nature.

Then why do we have droughts? We could make millions if we could control the weather. Quite honestly, I don't think God would want humans to have this much power. Your theory give people power over nature.[/quote]

Droughts is when there no rain and thing don't grow.This means the lack of charity on man's part towards the neighbor.

In Hosea:
I knew thee in the wilderness, in the land of droughts; when they had pasture they were satiated; when they were satiated their heart was elated; therefore they have forgotten Me, therefore am I become to them as a lion, as a leopard will I watch over the way (13:5-7).

"I knew thee in the wilderness, in the land of droughts," signifies a state without good and without truths; "wilderness" meaning a state without good, and "land of droughts" a state without truths.

"When they had pasture they were satiated" signifies when goods and truths were given them, that is, when they were instructed respecting them from the Word, even to the full nourishment of the soul;"when they were satiated their heart was elated" signifies when by reason of such fullness they exalted themselves above all others, believing that for that reason heaven was for them alone and for no others.

"Therefore they have forgotten Me" signifies that pride has obliterated goods and truths, and their desire and with it their heart has receded from the Lord.

"Therefore am I become to them as a lion" signifies the consequent devastation of every truth of the church; "and as a leopard will I watch over the way" signifies the falsification of truth by reasonings from the natural man.

A "leopard" signifying falsification by reasonings. "The way" truth leading to good, and "to watch" the intention to pervert.

This is said of the Lord in the sense of the letter of the Word, from the appearance of truth, in which nevertheless lies hidden the genuine truth (which is the spiritual sense of the Word) that it is not the Lord that as a lion devastates the church, or that as a leopard falsifies truths by reasonings, but it is the man himself that does this when his heart is lifted up,and eats from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.. From this it is clear what is signified in the Word by a "leopard."

Harry

Lightkeeper

SpiritualSon said:
Then why do we have droughts? We could make millions if we could control the weather. Quite honestly, I don't think God would want humans to have this much power. Your theory give people power over nature.

Droughts is when there no rain and thing don't grow.This means the lack of charity on man's part towards the neighbor.

In Hosea:
I knew thee in the wilderness, in the land of droughts; when they had pasture they were satiated; when they were satiated their heart was elated; therefore they have forgotten Me, therefore am I become to them as a lion, as a leopard will I watch over the way (13:5-7).

"I knew thee in the wilderness, in the land of droughts," signifies a state without good and without truths; "wilderness" meaning a state without good, and "land of droughts" a state without truths.

"When they had pasture they were satiated" signifies when goods and truths were given them, that is, when they were instructed respecting them from the Word, even to the full nourishment of the soul;"when they were satiated their heart was elated" signifies when by reason of such fullness they exalted themselves above all others, believing that for that reason heaven was for them alone and for no others.

"Therefore they have forgotten Me" signifies that pride has obliterated goods and truths, and their desire and with it their heart has receded from the Lord.

"Therefore am I become to them as a lion" signifies the consequent devastation of every truth of the church; "and as a leopard will I watch over the way" signifies the falsification of truth by reasonings from the natural man.

A "leopard" signifying falsification by reasonings. "The way" truth leading to good, and "to watch" the intention to pervert.

This is said of the Lord in the sense of the letter of the Word, from the appearance of truth, in which nevertheless lies hidden the genuine truth (which is the spiritual sense of the Word) that it is not the Lord that as a lion devastates the church, or that as a leopard falsifies truths by reasonings, but it is the man himself that does this when his heart is lifted up,and eats from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.. From this it is clear what is signified in the Word by a "leopard."

Harry

If this is all true then when we have a drought, we could sin and have a storm.

Ceridwen018

Harry,

Do you have a weather/emotion handbook or something? To hell with barometers, bring on the sinometers!

Master Vigil

The basis of this idea is great, how everything is connected. But you are taking it too far. To say that rain and drought and earthquakes and everything (which can be perceived as good or bad according to the perceiver) is brought upon by sin (which is another subjective term). This of course in the end is subjective. And all things subjective are opinions. And opinions are only infallible within your own mind.

If this is all true then when we have a drought, we could sin and have a storm.[/quote]

Jehovah shall rain upon the wicked winds of storms; the portion of their cup (Ps. 11:6).

It is not God who brings these storms. They are brough on by man. There action and reaction. What goes around,comes around. You do evil you bring on your own punishment.

All natural action in this world from weather,animals and plant life are correspondences to our thoughts and affections. The oceans corresponds to our external worship,and land corresponds to our internal worship. If we worship God is from external only,which is to worship with the mouth,but don't repent with the heart, than we will find the oceans taken over our lands.

Revelation 16:18.And voices and lightnings and thunderings were produced signifies reasonings, falsifications of truth, and arguments derived from untruths of evil. And there was a great earthquake,such as has not occurred since there came to be men upon earth,an earthquake of such magnitude signifies as it were the tremors, convulsions, overturnings, and acts of dragging down out of heaven of all things of the Church.

The angels are the ones who cause earthquakes in both worlds,natural and spiritual.They do it from the Lord.

The angel stretched out his hand against Jerusalem to destroy it but Jehovah repented Him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough, now stay thy hand. And David saw the angel that smote the people (2 Samuel 24:16, 17).

besides other passages. Because the angels have such power they are called powers;as in David:

Bless Jehovah, ye angels, mighty in power (Psalm 103:20).

All power,which the angels are in the spiritual world belongs to truth from good, and falsity from evil has no power whatever. All power belongs to truth from good because the Divine Itself in heaven is Divine Good and Divine Truth, and all power belongs to the Divine.

Falsity from evil has no power whatever because everything belongs to truth from good, and in falsity from evil there is nothing of truth from good.

That is why all power is in heaven, and none in hell.For everyone in heaven is in truths from good, and everyone in hell is in falsities from evil.

For no one is admitted into heaven until he is in truths from good, neither is anyone cast down into hell until he is in falsities from evil.

God gave angels and men this power,who are in truth from good from Him. Men also, because angels and men have a will and understanding, and because of this man was created to become an angel, but only if he has been regenerated first by the Lord in this world. Such a person can influence the weather by the will of his thoughts.

Harry

SpiritualSon said:
All power,which the angels are in the spiritual world belongs to truth from good, and falsity from evil has no power whatever. All power belongs to truth from good because the Divine Itself in heaven is Divine Good and Divine Truth, and all power belongs to the Divine.

Falsity from evil has no power whatever because everything belongs to truth from good, and in falsity from evil there is nothing of truth from good.

That is why all power is in heaven, and none in hell.For everyone in heaven is in truths from good, and everyone in hell is in falsities from evil.

For no one is admitted into heaven until he is in truths from good, neither is anyone cast down into hell until he is in falsities from evil.
SpiritualSon, you have once again copied and pasted from a website as if these were your own words. Here is the website from which Harry copied the words quoted above: http://www.theheavenlydoctrines.org/static/d6548/539.htm

I hope sometime in the future you learn to write for yourself, or at least let us know when you are quoting someone else's words.

Perspective Truth and Absolute Truth

There are many kinds and levels of truth. It is possible, for instance, for one statement to be more true than another. This usually involves one of the statements having more information than the other.

Truth works thus: "That coat is red", says party one; "No, that coat is blue", says party two; "I beg to differ, that coat is clearly green" says party three.

Doesn't one of these parties have to be wrong?

Actually, the man wearing this coat is Joseph, and it is a coat of many colors. All three parties were partially correct. None of these people were lying. But there is a greater truth that encompasses all the colors of this coat: "That coat is multi-colored", says party four!

Which party had the greatest truth? The one with the most up-to-date and encompassing information!

Is there any greater truths about this coat of Joseph's or did party four have the final truth?

I'll let you think about that one for a while...

When you have what you percieve to be a truth, but it turns out that there is more to that truth than you at first realized, that is when you understand that the truth you first had was not the whole truth but a partial truth.

Does that mean that a partial truth is a lie? No!

Humans are vastly limited...God is vastly unlimited!

Don't let anybody try to tell you that they have suddenly achieved God-like unlimited-ness and that they have the only real and final truth!

Does that mean you should give up on searching for a deeper truth? NO!

The Holy Bible commands us to learn the truth the best that we possibly can. Why? Here is the scripture for you:

John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

The truth will liberate you!!!

That's the kind of truth I am searching for!

Master Vigil

Who said truth is only found in good, and falsity in evil? Especially since good and evil are both very subjective terms. Therefore, if I eat something rotten, I understand that to be bad tasting. Is this a falsity? No it is true that it is bad. If someone is murdered, is it a false murder? No the murder was true, and evil.

Now, let's see... You say that god doesn't create storms and such, so what does god do then? And if everything is a product of ourselves, are we god then? I personally find this illogical. Especially because there is so much evil in the world, if what you say is true... The world should be completely covered in water or fire or something by now. The only other explanation is we are a product of the environment, not visa versa. Go outside one day and think the most horrible thoughts you can think of. And see if it rains. I very much doubt it will. Unless you know before hand that it will.

Mr_Spinkles said:
SpiritualSon said:

SpiritualSon, you have once again copied and pasted from a website as if these were your own words. Here is the website from which Harry copied the words quoted above: http://www.theheavenlydoctrines.org/static/d6548/539.htm

I hope sometime in the future you learn to write for yourself, or at least let us know when you are quoting someone else's words.

What have you learn from the writings since you have the web site or are still sticking to your old false ldeas? What's the difference if my post comes from Swedenborg or myself, it's still the truth. My mind has not been open to the way the Lord open up Swedenborg's mind.

His mind was fully open by the Lord in order to understand,and write down what he's been taught.The Lord's mind was open by Divine in Him called the Father as He grew up, but in a faster than us.

That the Lord made His Human Divine from the Divine in Himself, is evident from many passages of the Word, of which those shall be here adduced which confirm:
That this was done by successive steps:
Jesus grew and waxed strong in spirit and in wisdom, and the grace of God was upon Him (Luke 2:40).
Jesus increased in wisdom, in age, and in grace with God and men (verse 52).

That the Divine operated through the Human, as the soul does through the body:
The Son can do nothing from Himself, but what He seeth the Father doing (John 5:19).

I do nothing of Myself, but as My Father hath taught Me, I speak these things and He that hath sent Me is with Me He hath not left Me alone (John 8:28, 29; 5:30). The Human of the Lord do nothing without the Divine in Himself called the Father.

I have not spoken of Myself, but the Father who sent Me, He hath given Me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak (John 12:49). The Lord's own Divine has sent Him. The Father is His Divinity.

The words that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself, but the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works (John 14:10).
I am not alone, because the Father is with Me (John 16:32).

That the Divine and Human in the Lord operated unanimously:
What things soever the Father doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise (John 5:19).

As the Father raiseth up the dead and quickeneth them, even so the Son quickeneth whom He will (John 5:21).

As the Father hath life in Himself so hath He given to the Son to have life in Himself (John 5:26).

Now they have known that all things which Thou hast given Me, are of Thee (John 17:7).
That the Divine was united to the Human, and the Human to the Divine:
If ye had known Me ye would have known My Father also; and ye have seen Him. He said to Philip, who desired to see the Father, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? He that hath seen Me, hath seen the Father. Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? Believe Me, that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me (John 14:7-11).

Harry

Ceridwen018

SpiritualSon,

All natural action in this world from weather,animals and plant life are correspondences to our thoughts and affections. The oceans corresponds to our external worship,and land corresponds to our internal worship. If we worship God is from external only,which is to worship with the mouth,but don't repent with the heart, than we will find the oceans taken over our lands.

There is no evidence for this anywhere in the entire world whatsoever...excepting of course, in yours and Swedenborg's minds. You can't just spout out information, you have to back it up too.

What have you learn from the writings since you have the web site or are still sticking to your old false ldeas? What's the difference if my post comes from Swedenborg or myself, it's still the truth. My mind has not been open to the way the Lord open up Swedenborg's mind.

In order for something to be false, it must be proven wrong. Keep that in mind next time you call others' ideas false and your own truth.

Rains and floods all over the mid-west.What can this mean. A flood means falsities from hell. Overflow the land means the samething. The people bring on these floods by their false ideas about God. Check the weather channel. Rains and floods also means temptations between truth and falsities in a person.

Harry

Ceridwen018

Rains and floods all over the mid-west.What can this mean. A flood means falsities from hell. Overflow the land means the samething. The people bring on these floods by their false ideas about God. Check the weather channel. Rains and floods also means temptations between truth and falsities in a person.

Harry

Or, it could just be the rainy season.

Doesn't it seem weird to you that people have a surge of false ideas about god between the months of April and June every year on the money?

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/mtr/svr/home.rxml

Here is a site which explains how storms and tornados form, as well as other natural weather occurances. Take some time and study up.