• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Absolute liars': Ex-D.C. Guard official says generals lied to Congress about Jan. 6

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
History of politicians can be used as a (to repeat) "told ya so" .
It's useful for a couple other things....
- Predicting future behavior, which is especially relevant when voting.
- Judging the person & their record. To sanitize Biden's record by
saying you don't care about the Iraq War is.....dubious.

Biden is now adding to his record....not starting afresh.
And lest I fail to mention it....heavy cream sauce!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
By your reasoning, Trump's groping women is
no problem because it didn't happen while he
was Prez. Same for his cheating contractors
out of payments.

not sure the groping women has political value, rather is just says much about the man.
As for his dodgy business dealings, he took that attitude to the oval office with him

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's useful for a couple other things....
- Predicting future behavior, which is especially relevant when voting.
- Judging the person & their record. To sanitize Biden's record by
saying you don't care about the Iraq War is.....dubious.

Biden is now adding to his record....not starting afresh.
And lest I fail to mention it....heavy cream sauce!

As i said, it effects voting. But can only be used in hindsight once elected. If (for example) he does a good job and doesn't fall back on poor/bad historical actions, then prediction are not worth the paper they are printed in.

I am not sanitising anything, he did what he did, that doesn't mean he will command an invasion now.

And haggis sporran right back at ya

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
not sure the groping women has political value, rather is just says much about the man.
As for his dodgy business dealings, he took that attitude to the oval office with him
So pre-presidential history matters for Trump, but not for Biden.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So far biden hasn't groped any women (that we know of) and hasn't taken his past into the white house. When he does you can celebrate.
But you're arguing to ignore Biden's pre-presidential
history, & arguing that Trump's is significant.
This just possibly might could be a double standard.

ChristineM

Premium Member
But you're arguing to ignore Biden's pre-presidential
history, & arguing that Trump's is significant.
This just possibly might could be a double standard.

Again, when biden takes his history into the oval office (as trump did) then use it to judge him

anna.

but mostly it's the same
It's incredible what happened before during and after Jan. 6 to subvert the will of the people and the Constitutionally protected and peaceful transfer of power and so far they're all walking free. Traitors in the Pentagon, the White House, and the Congress. And not enough is being done to stop the snowball from rolling downhill.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Atlantic is generally first in line to predict
the sky falling due to Trump. I won't worry.
Even when he was Prez, he couldn't get the military
or even his own VP to side with his loony claims of
having won re-election. And the Jan 6 insurrection
was a 3-ring circus with only clueless clowns.

Be calm. Vote wisely. And enjoy the ride.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
And the Jan 6 insurrection

It was more than that. There was collusion at the highest levels of our government, and they're willing to have you think it was only a bunch of clueless clowns while they try again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It was more than that. There was collusion at the highest levels of our government, and they're willing to have you think it was only a bunch of clueless clowns while they try again.
Many have claimed that.
None have offered an evidence based cogent argument.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Many have claimed that.
None have offered an evidence based cogent argument.

Who is many and who is none? Reminds me of "some say..."

There is evidence, much evidence. More than I can pull together in an instant, but off the top of my head, the shuffle of key Pentagon personnel at the 11th. hour, the intentional delay in sending in the National Guard, the memo on how to circumvent the electoral college vote written by Trump's lawyer John Eastman, Trump's call to GA Sec. State Raffensberger, the War Room at the Willard Hotel, the pressure on Pence to change the vote, the knowledge key insurrectionists had of the warren of hallways under the Capitol, the off-the-books tour of the Capitol and the tweeting of Pelosi's whereabouts during the insurrection, and more.

There is evidence and there is plenty of cogent argument for it out there, if you want to see it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Who is many and who is none? Reminds me of "some say..."
Posters here have claimed that.
But support has been limited to something like....
"Read the report about it."
There is evidence, much evidence. More than I can pull together in an instant, but off the top of my head, the shuffle of key Pentagon personnel at the 11th. hour, the intentional delay in sending in the National Guard, the memo on how to circumvent the electoral college vote written by Trump's lawyer John Eastman, Trump's call to GA Sec. State Raffensberger, the War Room at the Willard Hotel, the pressure on Pence to change the vote, the knowledge key insurrectionists had of the warren of hallways under the Capitol, the off-the-books tour of the Capitol and the tweeting of Pelosi's whereabouts during the insurrection, and more.

There is evidence and there is plenty of cogent argument for it out there, if you want to see it.
If indeed there is evidence of high level plotting a
genuine insurrection, one would expect this to be
all over the news, & people being charged.
I see only rioting gadflies being convicted.
Note that while some wanted to overturn the election,
it didn't gain traction. Are you claiming high level
plotting for the Jan 6 riot, or for something else?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
A proposal....
You'll be worthy of an answer if you address the
troublesome acts in Biden's political career that
I've already cited.
You are a free individual, and can choose to respond or not respond to me whenever you like. Feel free to answer any of the numerous questions I've asked you in this thread, at a time of your own choosing. Or don't. I'm not the boss of you.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
And the Jan 6 insurrection
Like the Beer Hall Putsch, yes.

With Ludendorff in command, about 2,000 Nazis and supporters headed up Residenzstrasse, a narrow street that led into a major public square, the Odeonplatz (Odeon Square). A commander of a company of state police ordered the marchers to halt as they approached the square, but they marchers continued. And then came the shots; who fired first is a matter of dispute.

Hitler had linked arms with another marcher, Max Scheubner, and when shots hit Scheubner, he fell dead to the ground, pulling Hitler with him. Hitler suffered a dislocated shoulder. Scheubner was struck by bullets in his lungs, chest, right arm, and both thighs. Goring was shot in his thigh and groin. When the firing stopped a minute later, twenty people lay dead in the streets, including fifteen marchers, four state police officers, and a waiter who just took the wrong time to cross the street to work. Another hundred or more people were wounded. The putsch was over—and the round-up of putschists began. (So did repairs; the owner of the beer hall sent a bill to the Nazi Party for 11,344,000,000,000 marks.)

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Posters here have claimed that.
But support has been limited to something like....
"Read the report about it."

With all due respect, maybe you should read about it? Or read any of the many people who are skilled, high-level experts who've been warning us for the past year?

If indeed there is evidence of high level plotting a
genuine insurrection, one would expect this to be
all over the news, & people being charged.
I see only rioting gadflies being convicted.
Note that while some wanted to overturn the election,
it didn't gain traction. Are you claiming high level
plotting for the Jan 6 riot, or for something else?

It has been all over the news. And there's a lot of frustration that the wheels of justice are moving so slowly, impatience with Merrick Garland and the Jan. 6 commission, but we are reminded that we don't know what they're accomplishing behind the scenes and so we wait.

The insurrectionists are being charged and convicted, but in many cases not getting much more than a slap on the wrist. That's frustrating too. But the investigation into beyond the insurrectionists themselves is currently the purview of the Jan. 6 committee. Many Trump admin personnel have come forward of their own accord, the interviews number in the hundreds already.

I'm claiming that there was high level plotting for the overturn of the election and using the Jan. 6 insurrection as a tool in advancing that process.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
It's incredible what happened before during and after Jan. 6 to subvert the will of the people and the Constitutionally protected and peaceful transfer of power and so far they're all walking free. Traitors in the Pentagon, the White House, and the Congress. And not enough is being done to stop the snowball from rolling downhill.

We can only hope that the long arm of the law catches up with these traitors, as it is gradually catching up with the Capitol rioters.

719 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far. This searchable table shows them all