• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Absence of good in atheism

questfortruth

Maybe try not to equivocate words like good and Absolute Good and try to have an honest dialogue.
I have the God given right to say anything if there are none of the absolutes. But there are absolutes. So, I stay by the "there is no good in atheism."

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Good Vs. Evil,
Truth Vs. Lie,
are religious terms.
Thus, an atheist has become free from these old traditional ways of thinking.

Atheist: "there are very Good atheists."

So, now we all agree, that there is Absolute Evil and Absolute Good in this world?

Atheist: "No, we don't."

So, there is no good in atheism.

Correct. there is no good in atheism nor any bad in it. It is the lack of beliefs in gods, that is all.

So since what you claim is not truly true, it is Evil!!!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have the God given right to say anything if there are none of the absolutes. But there are absolutes. So, I stay by the "there is no good in atheism."
Prove that there is nothing good in atheism, I tried that for years my self before. But you know, I found atheists to be just as good as theists, sometimes even better in different part of life.

The only difference. They do not believe in a God, I do.

PureX

Veteran Member
Good Vs. Evil,
Truth Vs. Lie,
are religious terms.

So, now we all agree, that there is Absolute Evil and Absolute Good in this world?

Atheist: "Maybe try not to equivocate words like good and Absolute Good and try to have an honest dialogue."

You seem to be quite stuck in absolutist thinking. Ideological rather than actual. It's causing you to make some very unrealistic pronouncements.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Good Vs. Evil,
Truth Vs. Lie,
are religious terms.

Atheist: "Maybe try not to equivocate words like good and Absolute Good and try to have an honest dialogue."

"Good" is an opinion or value.
Everyone has those....even you.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Good Vs. Evil,
Truth Vs. Lie,
are religious terms.

*** Mod Edit ***

Most atheists live by the Golden Rule - "Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself"
And that includes not trolling Eastern Orthodox Christianity

Last edited by a moderator:

We Never Know

No Slack
Good Vs. Evil,
Truth Vs. Lie,
are religious terms.

Some humans are good and some humans are bad(or evil if you prefer) regardless of being religious or not religious.
Some of the most hypocritic, hateful, dishonest, etc people I've met have been religious, and I have met some non-religious that were the same way.
In my opinion for many peoole, religion doesn't change who they are, it only changes what they show of theirself to many others.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Good Vs. Evil,
Truth Vs. Lie,
are religious terms.

Terrible self serving circular logic to justify an egocentric ancient tribal world view.

F1fan

Veteran Member
How does anyone actually make this assessment? And how is it even helpful?

Isn't basic good and evil enough? Adding "absolute" seems to be trying to declare something as if you're a God yourself. Instead it illustrates how flawed the human mind can be as it struggles with understanding anything.