• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abrahamics only: The Nephilim

Shermana

Heretic
I appreciate all contributions to the Nephilim thread. Is it my imagination that everyone but crossfire is skirting the question? You believe bodies of flesh are described at Genesis 6. Where did spirits get them?

You skirted the question when I asked how the Angels who sat to eat with Abraham had stomachs to digest the food he served, and mouths to eat it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You skirted the question when I asked how the Angels who sat to eat with Abraham had stomachs to digest the food he served, and mouths to eat it.

I'm sorry. The bodies of faithful messengers of God are provided by God. So then if they had stomachs, God gave them to them. They were sent out by God and God gave them everything they needed for the task at hand.

Where did the spirits who were NOT sent out by God get their needed equipment?

Shermana

Heretic
I'm sorry. The bodies of faithful messengers of God are provided by God. So then if they had stomachs, God gave them to them. They were sent out by God and God gave them everything they needed for the task at hand.

Where did the spirits who were NOT sent out by God get their needed equipment?

Who said they needed equipment? Maybe they had their own ability to do so being Angels that was independent of needing it directly from God to change their form? Like it's just part of being an Angel to be able to do so.

Where does Satan get his power? He's "The god of this age" afterall. So if Satan is blessed with extreme power to be the ruler of this world, why is it so hard to accept that the Angels were able to have bodies even without God's blessing?

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
I don't disagree with anything you say here.
I disagree with the belief that they were ever in the likes of man (flesh). Many people believe the spirits left their spirit position to become flesh. Their own flesh, not someone else's. I say "where did they get their flesh?" Is there any scriptural proof they have power to create? I don't think so. Where did they get the bodies they used to uh I want to say a word but it is not allowed. Please provide me a clue that you know what I'm saying. Not about the F word, but about the bodies.
LOL @ the F word; you could've just said "have sex."
I find it very interesting that you believe the fallen angels gain power by attaining a human form in flesh. Aren't our own fleshly bodies condemned? Doesn't God provide those who make it to heaven with a glorified (better) body? Won't demons (and some people) be condemned to go to hell? I'm sure those who are condemned to go to hell will have flesh in order to feel the pain. I believe even the demons who haven't materialized will do so in order to feel the punishment of hell.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who said they needed equipment? Maybe they had their own ability to do so being Angels?

Where does Satan get his power? He's "The god of this age" afterall. So if Satan is blessed with extreme power to be the ruler of this world, why is it so hard to accept that the Angels were able to have bodies even without God's blessing?

Well, I think the answer is found in the question How many Creators are there? I believe ONE. No one else can create life.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
LOL @ the F word; you could've just said "have sex."
I find it very interesting that you believe the fallen angels gain power by attaining a human form in flesh. Aren't our own fleshly bodies condemned? Doesn't God provide those who make it to heaven with a glorified (better) body? Won't demons (and some people) be condemned to go to hell? I'm sure those who are condemned to go to hell will have flesh in order to feel the pain. I believe even the demons who haven't materialized will do so in order to feel the punishment of hell.

What?
you believe the fallen angels gain power by attaining a human form in flesh.
Are you posting to me?

The other words you post meaning they will be given bodies so that they might suffer more is God dishonoring imo.

Shermana

Heretic
Please explain. Maybe we are in agreement but just don't KNOW it.

I think you need to explain. Your rebuttal to my argument involving how Satan was given great power to be the "god of this age" was that no one can Create life but God. I fail to see how that in any way defeats the idea that Angels can take human form and mate with women to procreate.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think you need to explain. Your rebuttal to my argument involving how Satan was given great power to be the "god of this age" was that no one can Create life but God. I fail to see how that in any way defeats the idea that Angels can take human form and mate with women to procreate.

OK I don't believe "Satan was given great power to be the "god of this age"" but that's not what we are talking about. When you think "Angels can take human form" what does that mean? How do angels take human form? Can take be changed to make?

Shermana

Heretic
OK I don't believe "Satan was given great power to be the "god of this age"" but that's not what we are talking about. When you think "Angels can take human form" what does that mean? How do angels take human form? Can take be changed to make?

The Bible is quite clear that the Angels are able to take human form, or they wouldn't be able to eat with Abraham or wrestle with Jacob. With that said, Satan was given great power by God, that's implicit in the NT. Why else does he have the power to do what he does? How it happens, I don't know. It doesn't matter. The point is that it says they can.

So my argument is, if you are saying that Angels can't turn human without the power of God, how does Satan have power without the power of God?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Satan's power comes from people, not from God. If angels could make human bodies to dwell in they would be creators. I believe they do not have the power of creation. If they did, then where is all the wonderful stuff they would make?

Shermana

Heretic
Satan's power comes from people, not from God.

Huh? Explain your reasoning. You're basically defying the NT itself there. How do people give power to Satan? Did God just make a mistake by making him the "god of this age" and the "prince of this air" who is in charge of the authorities of the world? Is God incapable of stopping him?
If angels could make human bodies to dwell in they would be creatnors.

That's not logical or scriptural by any standard. Explain how you possibly derive this.
I believe they do not have the power of creation. If they did, then where is all the wonderful stuff they would make?

You are comparing not just apples and oranges, but rocks and trees, your comparison of what constitutes being a "Creator" is completely your own opinion and makes no sense logically or scipturally.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How do people give power to Satan?

Lies have proved very powerful against the truth. People give power to Satan by believing lies.

God gives bodies to faithful angels to accomplish God's will. OK. I can believe that! Does God give bodies to unfaithful spirits to accomplish havoc? Why? If the answer is NO! then where did the unfaithful spirits get their bodies? Let's talk Halloween. It's near, you know. Did they use dead bodies? It's getting worse and worse for those poor ladies of Noah's day.

Shermana

Heretic
Lies have proved very powerful against the truth. People give power to Satan by believing lies.
That doesn't explain why Satan is given power over the ruling authorities, why he's the "prince of the air", and why he has the power over those who aren't in the Church. What does believing lies have anything to do with it? The only way that's accurate is by saying that those who believe in the total Truth are protected from him, which is what the NT implies, but everyone else (i.e. the 99.999999% rest of the world) is under his power.

God gives bodies to faithful angels to accomplish God's will. OK. I can believe that! Does God give bodies to unfaithful spirits to accomplish havoc? Why?
Why not? Why would he give power to Satan to rule the authorities of the Earth and be the "Prince of the air" and the "god of this age"? I think your understanding of Satan's power is not congruent to what the NT says.
If the answer is NO! then where did the unfaithful spirits get their bodies? Let's talk Halloween. It's near, you know. Did they use dead bodies? It's getting worse and worse for those poor ladies of Noah's day.
Well the answer is not No, the answer is a default yes until you can prove that he deliberately took this power from them. Until then, you have not disproven the NT claims that Satan is in control of pretty much the whole world and your answer of "people believing in lies" does not address this whatsoever except "Those who don't believe in lies are under God's protection from him", so if Satan is given that power over disbelievers, why not let the fallen Angels have power as well?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I cannot prove God deliberately took the power to make life away from angels. But you cannot prove that God ever gave anyone the power to create in the first place. I call it a draw. Whana play cards?

Hearts or Spades?

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic
I cannot prove God deliberately took the power to make life away from angels. But you cannot prove that God ever gave anyone the power to create in the first place. I call it a draw. Whana play cards?

But as I said, it has nothing to do with creation. It could just as well be like a Chameleon's ability to blend in with his environment, the Angels are able to turn their Spiritual bodies into Physical with whatever attributes they were given. Nowhere does it say that their power to do so was granted by God, and nowhere does it say it's NOT granted by God. So yes it's a stalemate in a way, but only because of inability to disprove a negative, which really isn't a stalemate.