• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ABRAHAMICS ONLY: John the Baptist; a voice in the wilderness saying: Make strait the way of the LORD

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Malachi preached about the Son of David, the Son of Man, Elijah. The message he was given by GOD was to remind the people that the same Prophet Moses spoke about still has not come, and then explained how we will know itis Elijah. Secondly, why do you deny that John the Baptist is one of the Elijah?
1. We have no indication that there's more than one Elijah, i.e., absolutely no indication that the Elijah of Malachi is not Elijah the Tishbite. After all, Elijah the Tishbite did not die. He went up to heaven. If ever there was an mortal turned immortal prophet, it would be him. 2. John the Baptist was nothing more than a nutty sectarian. He was the 1st century's equivalent of Nathan of Gaza, the mastermind behind Shabbtai Tzvi and the Sabbatian movement.

Yahcubs777

1. We have no indication that there's more than one Elijah, i.e., absolutely no indication that the Elijah of Malachi is not Elijah the Tishbite. After all, Elijah the Tishbite did not die. He went up to heaven. If ever there was an mortal turned immortal prophet, it would be him. 2. John the Baptist was nothing more than a nutty sectarian. He was the 1st century's equivalent of Nathan of Gaza, the mastermind behind Shabbtai Tzvi and the Sabbatian movement.

How did Elijah live forever without dying at all? And, what about Enoch?

That is such a horrible thing to say about John the Baptist. Let me ask another concerning him. The parable of the Owner and is vineyard, who was it speaking of?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
That is such a horrible thing to say about John the Baptist.
Yes. We tend to say horrible things about horrible people.
Let me ask another concerning him. The parable of the Owner and is vineyard, who was it speaking of?
The what of the who?
Let me get this straight: You're asking me about Elijah's longevity but are not bothered about Enoch's?

Yahcubs777

and what bible verse claims that the demons say the name, or use the name?

And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. 29And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? 30And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding. 31So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. 32And he said unto them, Go.

Yahcubs777

Yes. We tend to say horrible things about horrible people.

The what of the who?

Let me get this straight: You're asking me about Elijah's longevity but are not bothered about Enoch's?

I asked about both Elijah and Enoch. Look at my question again.

There are a few reasons I asked this way.
1. Elijah is greater than Enoch in the kingdom.
2. There is an eye witness for Elijah, there was none for Enoch.

There is a parable spoken about the Owner and his vineyard. Who is the owner, what is the vineyard, and who is the Son?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. 29And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? 30And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding. 31So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. 32And he said unto them, Go.
none of those verses refer to demons using the name. It does mention demons being driven out of two humans into porcines

Yahcubs777

none of those verses refer to demons using the name. It does mention demons being driven out of two humans into porcines

What are you talking about? The demons in the person is the ones speaking lol.... There is such thing as honesty you know?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What are you talking about? The demons in the person is the ones speaking lol.... There is such thing as honesty you know?
You claimed that demons used the ineffable name. I asked for the verse. You didn't produce it.

Yahcubs777

You claimed that demons used the ineffable name. I asked for the verse. You didn't produce it.

LOL

And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I asked about both Elijah and Enoch. Look at my question again.

Are you asking how people can live for so long?
1. Elijah is greater than Enoch in the kingdom.
I don't know what this means. What "kingdom"?
2. There is an eye witness for Elijah, there was none for Enoch.
And yet both are written about in Tanach, which is God-given.
There is a parable spoken about the Owner and his vineyard. Who is the owner, what is the vineyard, and who is the Son?
It would have been incredibly simple for you to tell me that it's from the NT. As that's the case, it's an utterly meaningless parable to me, as is the rest of the NT. A series of texts written to vilify the Jews and spawn more hatred and cause more damage than good.

Yahcubs777

Are you asking how people can live for so long?

I don't know what this means. What "kingdom"?

And yet both are written about in Tanach, which is God-given.

It would have been incredibly simple for you to tell me that it's from the NT. As that's the case, it's an utterly meaningless parable to me, as is the rest of the NT. A series of texts written to vilify the Jews and spawn more hatred and cause more damage than good.

I don't know what your rabbis are teaching you, but my rabbi is revealing all that happened at that time. And none of what was written was to vilify the Jews. The Pharisees were called children of the devil, not Jews. And that was speaking to the fact that they were occultists and sacrificed Jesus His Pre-Eminence to their god (small g).. Nothing about the Jews, but the occult.