• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ABRAHAMICS ONLY: John the Baptist; a voice in the wilderness saying: Make strait the way of the LORD

Yahcubs777

He probably went to mikveh of his own accord.
Man, to think that if Jesus had just thought of his own kavanot while washing and not feeling like he need someone else to think holy stuff for him, Jews would have been spared a load of pain (at least according to "Jew-lover" John (not)).

I suppose you don't think the Word: Of all born of a woman, there is none greater than John the Baptist? So who had the right and authority over John to baptise him?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I suppose you don't think the Word: Of all born of a woman, there is none greater than John the Baptist? So who had the right and authority over John to baptise him?
Why does a person need assistance in taking a dip in the mikveh? Was John an invalid? Was Jesus?

Yahcubs777

Why does a person need assistance in taking a dip in the mikveh? Was John an invalid? Was Jesus?

No, there is the Authority of Elijah in the earth. Let us look at it another way, is there someone besides Moses that had the authority and the staff to part the red sea? No, no one. Therefore, there is the authority of the Priesthood. John the Baptist is a Prophet from the highest order; the melchizadek Priesthood. Therefore, even if Zachariah, hi biological father and High Priest, were to have been alive, it is still John that would have baptized Zecharaiah. It is only an Elijah that should baptize.

So who has the authority to do that to John? Only two people: Father Adam, and the Very GOD of Creation.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
No, there is the Authority of Elijah in the earth. Let us look at it another way, is there someone besides Moses that had the authority and the staff to part the red sea? No, no one. Therefore, there is the authority of the Priesthood. John the Baptist is a Prophet from the highest order; the melchizadek Priesthood. Therefore, even if Zachariah, hi biological father and High Priest, were to have been alive, it is still John that would have baptized Zecharaiah. It is only an Elijah that should baptize.

So who has the authority to do that to John? Only two people: Father Adam, and the Very GOD of Creation.
You've made here many statements, but none of these are evidence that there ever was an authoritative figure for helping people take a cleansing dip.

Yahcubs777

Ritual impurity.

Must've touched an insect or had a non-Jew spit on him. Could have been anything.

I understand the sarcasm. But, there is the real meanings behind the things that Moses said. Moses, being in the similitudes of the mortal body literalised everything. For example,his teachngs on

11Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

Does not seem to make much sense. But this is what Jesus His Pre-Eminence brought higher in HIS parable about th wineskins and the new wine.

The fact that is an act of cleansing, means it was a type of Baptism.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
It came across to me s sarcasm. Else,you would have been much clearer in your response.
You seemed knowledgeable enough in laws of purity to know that purity is the opposite of something that causes impurity. I thought you knew the specifics too.

Yahcubs777

You seemed knowledgeable enough in laws of purity to know that purity is the opposite of something that causes impurity. I thought you knew the specifics too.

I do. I just wanted to you to say it so we can continue to the conversation. Also so readers can follow along with us.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me be clearer. I only do things in knowledge of what i am doing. If it was any other way, i could be doing something that is wrong, or doing it for lip service.
That's something else, unrelated to my question.