• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abrahamicism

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
The religion in the future.

A religion that believe Jews, christians and muslims believe in the same God. A religion who believes the Tanakh, New testament and the Quran is from God

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I was told Muslims don't like being called Abrahamic, and prefer that the term that is used is "People of the Book". So, would Abrahamicism be the best title for this?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, Ahl-e-Kitab. But they will not agree that Bahai and Ahmadiyyas have any Kitab.
A religion that believe Jews, christians and muslims believe in the same God. A religion who believes the Tanakh, New testament and the Quran is from God
Ah, you forget some others. Bahai, Ahmadiyya, possibly others too.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Yes indeed, but I see many others faiths will join that oneness.

The majority of humanity will most likely embrace the 'Glory of God'.

Regards Tony

danieldemol

Premium Member
What do you mean with "demostrate its claims"?
It means to show how what it says is true, not just to say it is true.

For example show how we know those books you mentioned come from God.

Not just say, "these books come from God".

In my opinion.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
That's what I was gonna say. Beat me to the punch :p.

That and I would be surprised to see it work, because same God or not, everything else about the religions are different. Jews focus on Law and action. Christians belief and surrender. Quran, Law and Surrender...

Edit: It's a Holy Trinity of powerlessness.

I agree with you, inasmuch as the Abrahamic faiths are heterogenous once you go beyond the core fundamentals that distinguish this (undeniably closely related) family of religions.

Christianity emerged as a Jewish sect (originally Torah-observant) yet one of its core doctrines from the earliest generation, the incarnation of the Supreme Deity in human form, was a unique and profoundly heretical mutation within the context of Second Temple Judaism and remains antithetical to all forms of Judaism today as well.

Likewise, the Qur'an explicitly denies that Jesus is the Son of God, a belief absolutely essential to the New Testament and all Christian theology derived from it.

However, I would seriously question your characterisation of Christianity as being about "belief and surrender" whereas Judaism is about "law and action". That sounds like a very Protestant understanding of Christianity and Judaism, with the former as a religion of grace and freedom contrasted with the latter as a religion of works.

In truth, orthopraxis and the moral law - not to mention to a lesser extent the canon law - are of first order importance in Catholic and Orthodox Christianity in particular, whilst belief is of great importance to Jews or else you wouldn't have certain ideas classed as avodah zarah (idolatry) such as anything that breaches monotheism.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Starlight said:
Ahmadiyyas is muslims

Peaceful Muslims as @Parsurry likes to say

The Ahmadiyya Muslims

Ahmadiyya believe in finality of Muhammad's prophethood and have no other law book than Quran. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1838-1908 is the Promised Messiah in Second Coming , the Imam Mahdi and the Reformer of all revealed Religions in End Times as per the prophecies they have within their revealed books like Word Revealed on Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad has brought no new teachings, absolutely none, we follow the teachings of Quran and Sunnah (Acts/Deeds) of Muhammad, just for information of all friends here, please. Right?

I am an Ahmadiyya peaceful Muslim

Regards