• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abrahamic religions vs. Secularism

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
That's why use "an other form of religion" instead of "organized religion". I see that the argument resorted to semantic games, I am not the one who started it.
Where did that happen? I missed it.

It's about your own life, if you really don't care about it, you should often rush out of street without caring about being bumped by a car.

Except that beliefs in deities and afterlives have a way for interfering with the lives of non-believers.

Hawkins

Where did that happen? I missed it.

You don't read before reply? It is in post #96.

Except that beliefs in deities and afterlives have a way for interfering with the lives of non-believers.

Read carefully. Afterlife or no afterlife are both believes, that is, not evidenced. Religious people can tell consciously that it's there belief, but not secular people. That's the point.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You don't read before reply? It is in post #96.

#96 in no way supports your claims. And boy, do they need some support.

Read carefully. Afterlife or no afterlife are both believes, that is, not evidenced. Religious people can tell consciously that it's there belief, but not secular people. That's the point.

A rather weak one, if any at all. Disbelievers expect no afterlive, so they will not make any bets on what it is like.