• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abrahamic Religion, Noahic Religion?

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
I've been thinking of this since yesterday, we have Judaism, Christinaty, Islam, Baha'i, etc. They claim connections to Abraham and are thus Abrahamic Religions. What about Noah? What religions claim connection to Noah and could be called Noahic Religions?

EMA

This is a good question. A deeper question would be should God's religions be different?

Of course no, since God is one God, then His religions must be the same. The only difference is the rituals and forms of worship but the belief system is the same. Based on that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are continuation of the same religion delivered by Adam peace be upon him (PBUH) then Noah, and the other prophets peace be upon them, in the chain of prophets. This is the religion of God.

Abraham PBUH was one that chain but large numbers of prophets were his descendants and hence these 3 religions were given this name.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
The Noahide covenant is the only one I know of. It isn't really considered a separate religion but an actual part of Judaism. All of mankind was given seven universal laws containing 66-69 mitzvahs within the covenant of Noah to follow. Later the Jews were given three more laws and 613 mitzvahs. So there are portions of the Jewish law which apply to all of mankind and the rest are meant for the Jews alone.

Seven Laws of Noah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

.lava

Veteran Member
I've been thinking of this since yesterday, we have Judaism, Christinaty, Islam, Baha'i, etc. They claim connections to Abraham and are thus Abrahamic Religions. What about Noah? What religions claim connection to Noah and could be called Noahic Religions?

since they were both Prophets of Allah, i say there is no difference between.

arthra

Baha'i

Noah is accepted by all the Abrahamic religions and so is Adam... Noah is considered before Abraham and Adam before Noah.. and so on...

There is really only one religion of God down through the ages but we call it by various names at various times...

In the time of the First Manifestation the Primal Will appeared in Adam; in the day of Noah It became known in Noah; in the day of Abraham in Him; and so in the day of Moses; the day of Jesus; the day of Muhammad, the Apostle of God; the day of the ‘Point of the Bayán’; the day of Him Whom God shall make manifest; and the day of the One Who will appear after Him Whom God shall make manifest. Hence the inner meaning of the words uttered by the Apostle of God, ‘I am all the Prophets’, inasmuch as what shineth resplendent in each one of Them hath been and will ever remain the one and the same sun. - The Bab

yirme

sannyasi
quran 4:163 "We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers
after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes,
to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms."