• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abrahamic Followers

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
what is the motivation to be a believer of an abrahamic system??

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I can only speak to my own motivation - which is that I find what Catholicism teaches to be true, and I want to follow truth.

that doesn't explain your motivation to be. what do you receive for your observation?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe it's true. There's not much more to it.

Plus Judaism has the best food.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
given the choices, why not?
i'm not negating it. its just an interesting response. like someone on a journey saying lets see where this road, path, trail, waterway goes. curiosity is a good thing under the right circumstances. enjoy the swim

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member

What motivates me to be a believer in Islam? Because it rings true for me, simple as that.

What motivates you in asking the question, out of interest?

I am not sure what do you mean with Abrahamic system, but if you mean believing in what the Bible tells, I believe it, because what the Bible tells seems to be true. I think it is correct about what is good and right, it shows great knowledge of past and future.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Well Christianity, don't know about Judaism and Islam, but Christianity doesn't have a lot of requirements and Jesus becomes your pal for life. Someone to take all of your burdens and accept all of your imperfections. It's like having a best buddy who doesn't judge you.

300px-Buddy_christ.jpg

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The main advantage of ethical monotheism is that there is only one correct way to act. You don't have the Allies saying "Jews have the right to life" and Germans saying "It is the good and right thing to kill all the Jews." Without the objective moral standard supplied by monotheism, Nuremberg becomes a farce.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. and Jesus becomes your pal for life. Someone to take all of your burdens and accept all of your imperfections. It's like having a best buddy who doesn't judge you.

300px-Buddy_christ.jpg
Judging is of no consequence when the father of your buddy is the judge. Case already decided, award given.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I am not sure what do you mean with Abrahamic system, but if you mean believing in what the Bible tells, I believe it, because what the Bible tells seems to be true. I think it is correct about what is good and right, it shows great knowledge of past and future.
ten people buy the same car. ten people buy the same car for different reasons. some reasons are better than others. i'm asking what prompted people to be doing this thing.

lung-ta