• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abrahamic Eden

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Your to funny, Jesus never cherry pick Verses, you have no idea or clue about anything.
Jesus knew what verse to use and not to use. Jesus knew what verse would go with the subject he is talking about.

it's better to know what the subject is about, before cherry picking a verse.
By cherry picking a verse, it will take away from what the subject is really about.
All because your adding what you want the subject to be about.
When quoting a verse, how do you know actually if that verse is saying, what you think it is.
That's why going back to the beginning of the chapter and find out what the subject and Article is actually about.

By cherry picking a verse, your taking the verse out of it's context. Of what is actually being said.

Definition of CHERRY-PICK

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What ever do you mean, it was you who brought up cherry picking in the first place.

Now you want me to give to you the Definition of Cherry. I don't think so.
If you do not know the Definition of Cherry picking, then you should haved never brought it up.

my apologies, you are correct, david t actually used the term cherry picking.

you implied that i nitpicked at verses.

As nitpicking inherently requires fastidious, meticulous attention to detail, the term has become appropriated to describe the practice of meticulously searching for minor, even trivial errors in detail (often referred to as "nits" as well). Thus "nitpicking" may be a pejorative term for troubleshooting, proofreading or similar, whose excess could be a psychopathologic form of criticising, see hypercriticism.

if i'm offering another idea upon a verse is that criticizing the verse, or criticizing the other interpretation of the verse, or am i even criticizing the other interpretation?

Faithofchristian

my apologies, you are correct, david t actually used the term cherry picking.

you implied that i nitpicked at verses.

As nitpicking inherently requires fastidious, meticulous attention to detail, the term has become appropriated to describe the practice of meticulously searching for minor, even trivial errors in detail (often referred to as "nits" as well). Thus "nitpicking" may be a pejorative term for troubleshooting, proofreading or similar, whose excess could be a psychopathologic form of criticising, see hypercriticism.

if i'm offering another idea upon a verse is that criticizing the verse, or criticizing the other interpretation of the verse, or am i even criticizing the other interpretation?

All of the above

I found that the analogy to answer the question :

If devil Laknat Aallah 'alaihi ever came inside Paradise , then it must be meant for them .

Kelly of the Phoenix

The Nile and the Euphrates are dryland rivers. They exist.
But are the riverbanks sand or lush greenery? People don't make cities next to rivers to look at sand all day.

about the serpent, it was obviously in there deceiving people.
It's literally the only character in that scene who was completely honest.

You can't have a good story without conflict.
Yeah, most of the bible is just authors checking off a list made from tvtropes.org. :p