• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abraham Ishmael Isaac and Brahma Ishmahal Ishakhu

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Too bad that Ishmael is not a Patriarch according to the Hebrews.

Abraham and Isaac weren't Hebrew either.

I wasn't speaking exclusively to the idea of judaism; especially when using the name ishmael.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Genetically speaking, the only Jews that seem to share any relation to India are...Jews who moved to India.
The first article linked is based on the hearsay of Aristotle's student.
The second article takes some liberties in order to push his point (like the city of Ur meaning "light (or)" instead of "fire (ur)")
The third article is a joke.

And I'm pretty sure whoever came up with this idea saw Isaac spelled something like Iṣḥak and thought that the /ṣ/ and /ḥ/ are pronounced /sh/.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Genetically speaking, the only Jews that seem to share any relation to India are...Jews who moved to India.
The first article linked is based on the hearsay of Aristotle's student.
The second article takes some liberties in order to push his point (like the city of Ur meaning "light (or)" instead of "fire (ur)")
The third article is a joke.

And I'm pretty sure whoever came up with this idea saw Isaac spelled something like Iṣḥak and thought that the /ṣ/ and /ḥ/ are pronounced /sh/.

sarai, or sara, comes from sarasvatti and hagar from ghaggar

sarasvatti and ghaggar were rivers in india