• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abraham and Jesus

Lain

The question is were these the words of Jesus or of the Gospel authors in light of Resurrection faith?

All in my opinion: The Psalms or the Gospel? In both cases it seems to me to be the words of the Lord Jesus. I also am aware of St. Thomas relating the condemnation of the idea that the words were applied later and we not primarily of Christ (from the Fifth Ecumenical Synod). This goes well with the Church being eternal or from Adam and so on.

pearl

I also am aware of St. Thomas relating the condemnation of the idea that the words were applied later and we not primarily of Christ (from the Fifth Ecumenical Synod).

Its good to be aware of the history of Church teaching, but it is equally good and to be in tune with what the current teaching is, that would be Vat II.

Lain

Its good to be aware of the history of Church teaching, but it is equally good and to be in tune with what the current teaching is, that would be Vat II.

To my knowledge all of our doctrines have remained the same in substance, even from the beginning. I do love V2 though, the fruits of that Council have been such good as we hadn't seen in ages, and the Popes produced from it and who produced it being some of the most righteous men to walk the Earth. I think we're in a golden age of expressing the Eternal Doctrines because of it, discerning conclusions and carrying out the Tradition.