• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About to give up.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
most people just want to talk about God and religion but I have probably said all there is to say on those topics. :rolleyes:
Oh no, no way:D. God&Religion is vast

You have not covered anything about Hinduism as far as I have read from your topics. There is so nuch more, that you never spoke about

But you did say a lot on God topics from Bahai POV, but probably you did not cover everything about Bahai, right?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
First of all Bahaullah never had any direct Converse with G-d, I don't find any such claim of direct Converse of G-d in Kitab-e-Iqan, please. Right?
Bahaullah's case is that of Paul who faked a vision and started a new religion that has got nothing to do with Jesus and his teachings, I understand. Right?

Is it the cause of one's disgust with Bahaullah and Bahaism? Right?

Regards

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Oh no, no way:D. God&Religion is vast
That is correct. The topic of God and religion is vast. What I meant is that I have probably said all I want to say on those topics, but that does not mean I won't change my mind. ;)
You have not covered anything about Hinduism as far as I have read from your topics. There is so much more, that you never spoke about.
I usually try not to discuss religions I know little about. Instead I listen to what the followers of those religions have to say.
But you did say a lot on God topics from Bahai POV, but probably you did not cover everything about Bahai, right?
No, I haven't, but my husband has been very ill and I am taking care of him so I have had to lay low on the forum for the time being. I just stop by when I have time.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
No, I haven't, but my husband has been very ill and I am taking care of him so I have had to lay low on the forum for the time being. I just stop by when I have time
First things first of course

Wish you both all strength & :greenheart: needed

We Never Know

No Slack
Dont feel pity for me please. This is not a rant OP.

But i am done sharing my personal faith and belief, not because i dont want to, but i have no more ways to explain what i believe in, without getting shut up.
I have no restriction toward any other faiths practiced in RF, you are all my friends.

My personal faith is still within sufi teaching, many aspects of Baha'i faith are slowly getting my attention too.
But i have no more energy left to share.

I have peace within me in my private life, but i am struggeling to find peace in RF these days. I honestly dont need discussion or debate anymore.

My wish is to hear more from friends in Baha'i

So, i am sorry if i become a silent voice in RF. Yes i know i said exactly the same before, and did not stay silent. But i have nothing more to share this time. I am happy with my desission to not take part.

I might share other aspect of my life.

This thread is not due to being weak and unwilling to talk about religion or spiritual life. But i want to speak with likeminded religious/spiritual people.

THIS IS IN THE JOURNAL SECTION....NO DEBATE OR DISCUSSION ON WHY I CHOSE TO BACK OUT.

Your "personal faith" is just that.. personal!
You should not have to prove it to or get approval from anyone.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Dont feel pity for me please. This is not a rant OP.

But i am done sharing my personal faith and belief, not because i dont want to, but i have no more ways to explain what i believe in, without getting shut up.
I have no restriction toward any other faiths practiced in RF, you are all my friends.

My personal faith is still within sufi teaching, many aspects of Baha'i faith are slowly getting my attention too.
But i have no more energy left to share.

I have peace within me in my private life, but i am struggeling to find peace in RF these days. I honestly dont need discussion or debate anymore.

My wish is to hear more from friends in Baha'i

So, i am sorry if i become a silent voice in RF. Yes i know i said exactly the same before, and did not stay silent. But i have nothing more to share this time. I am happy with my desission to not take part.

I might share other aspect of my life.

This thread is not due to being weak and unwilling to talk about religion or spiritual life. But i want to speak with likeminded religious/spiritual people.

THIS IS IN THE JOURNAL SECTION....NO DEBATE OR DISCUSSION ON WHY I CHOSE TO BACK OUT.
This is a tough place to discuss rather than to debate. As my motto or whatever you call it says it all: I don't like to debate. Unfortunately we live in a Western culture of individual competition which encourages debate. I wasn't always like this, I was influenced by my own culture. It is a gradual process of letting go the ego.

Truthseeker

I think I get it. I've been feeling similarly lately. It seems like everything lately reverts back to the same several topics. The religious discussion tends to be debate(bordering argument) between Abrahamic theist and atheist(please understand I am not criticizing either group), of which also doesn't really tickle my fancy. I don't care how the universe came to be. When I say 'God', I'm not talking about a white haired old dude on a cloud, and when I refer to scripture, I'm talking about a diverse group of literature(and possibly oral stories), not one or two culture's holy books(though I respect any and all scripture as being possibly meaningful to somebody). I just haven't felt any heart in vocalizing much lately. I'm still lingering, reading and throwing frubals on the threads that seem optimistic... but... what else can I say?

I'm not a Baha'i, or even an Abrahamic, but I want you to know I've always enjoyed hearing about your religious experiences and outlooks. I understand why you feel the way you do, and I thank you for what you did share, and that I consider our exchanges valuable. I hope you do continue to share of your life, even if not your spirituality, for I consider you a friend, and its always good to hear what new adventures you're on.

And as I type this with my blue hair dye stained hands... I can't help but wonder if you managed to get this stuff stuck all over your hands, too...
I consider you a friend, too.

Truthseeker

First of all Bahaullah never had any direct Converse with G-d, I don't find any such claim of direct Converse of G-d in Kitab-e-Iqan, please. Right?
Bahaullah's case is that of Paul who faked a vision and started a new religion that has got nothing to do with Jesus and his teachings, I understand. Right?

Regards
The Kitab-i-Iqan was revealed before Baha'u'llah claimed anything, so you're right.

I don't think this is the place to stir up a debate on Baha'u'llah's claims.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Making friends is a big part of what this forum has become now.:) I am not good at making friends except online.

I agree, I'm here for the same reason.

I'm bad at making friends online. I'm terrible at making friends in the real world. :D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I agree, I'm here for the same reason.

I'm bad at making friends online. I'm terrible at making friends in the real world. :D
I think you underestimate yourself. You make a pretty good friend online. :)
I don't make friends in the real world because I don't get out and there is nowhere to go and make friends but I think I could if the conditions were right. Right now all I can think of is taking care of my husband and cats!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you still like it here though?
Honestly i do not know. I don't feel i can speak freely without getting shut down. Or i can speak without someone has to challenge my belief.

I have come to a point in life where I am comfortable with my personal belief, and don't need others to tell me what I "should believe" because they say so.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I tried to discuss cars but nobody seemed interested....o_O
Although you are a notable exception, most people just want to talk about God and religion but I have probably said all there is to say on those topics. :rolleyes:
I always seem to hit a dead end in RF discussion...no matter what topic in discussion