• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About sleeping

Curious George

Veteran Member
It varies, but 4 on average. I don't like it. It is not healthy. I tell myself: One day, I will get a sleep study done. I have been telling myself that for years.

Last edited:

Shantanu

That is amazingly low level of sleep, if I may say so. I was told one must have 8 hours of sleep, and one of the regular questions that Mental Heatlth authorities have asked me over the years of numerous appointments here in the United Kingdom is 'how is your sleep'. Are they wrong to be concerned about it?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't get it. o_O
How are you people getting by on 2-4 hours of sleep and still able to function mentally?
This is very unhealthy and it will catch up with you.
I am not trying to be critical of anyone, I just care about your health and well-being.

Sleep is really important. When I get 4 or 5 hours of sleep my work is impaired because my short term memory is affected. When I get 9 or 10 hours of sleep, I am as sharp as a tack. I can get by on 6 hours of sleep during the week as long as I sleep a lot longer on weekends. New sleep studies show we can make up for lost sleep in weekends and we should try to.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
That is amazingly low level of sleep, if I may say so. I was told one must have 8 hours of sleep, and one of the regular questions that they have asked me over the years of numerous appoingments here in the United Kingdom is 'how is your sleep'?
I have lifelong insomnia. Never slept well since I can remember.