• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

about resurrection

pearl

I think whether its Ezekiel's vision of the dry bones or other resurrections stories in Hebrew Scripture, or the Resurrection of Jesus, the message seems to be, God is greater than death.

jfietsam

I am returning to Christianity. I think I understand what resurrection is. When we die, the good souls will join God in everlasting life. When this world ends, God will built a new one and the good people that joined him will inherit the new world. It makes sense. Well, it wasn't that tough... :)

What do you think resurrection is?

To me, the resurrection means God sent everyone down to Earth at different times to live normal lives. I've met more people who believe in reincarnation than I can imagine. Many people I know feel as though they have been friends in past lives. I don't believe all the angels of Heaven are going to come down from the sky and punish the Earth while Jesus is chillin' with the true believers. I do believe it was written in a confusing way to seem as though the "rapture" is going to be this grand event no one can miss. However, I have been known to be wrong as often if not more often than I am wrong. I just know God pulled a huge plot twist on the Jews with Jesus, so why wouldn't He do it to the Christians as well?

Call me name

I'm christian
I am returning to Christianity. I think I understand what resurrection is. When we die, the good souls will join God in everlasting life. When this world ends, God will built a new one and the good people that joined him will inherit the new world. It makes sense. Well, it wasn't that tough... :)

Omg I really joy full because you said you are returning christian. :D thank you! You give me spirit to spread gospel and cast awal the doubt!

Btw about ressurection. Well what you said is right! Our ressurection is assure because Jesus ressurect. Here a book about Jesus ressurection. Read it for me ya ;)

Attachments

• Did Jesus Rise From the Dead_ - William Lane Craig.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Omg I really joy full because you said you are returning christian. :D thank you! You give me spirit to spread gospel and cast awal the doubt!

Btw about ressurection. Well what you said is right! Our ressurection is assure because Jesus ressurect. Here a book about Jesus ressurection. Read it for me ya ;)
Which part of the forum rule against proselytizing do you not understand?

The Anointed

Our ancient ancestors expressed the belief that our scientists of today are just beginning to come to terms with, and that is, that following each “Big Bang” there comes the “Big Crunch,” when this universe is condensed once again, into the supposedly infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity from which it originated.

“Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non-being, and again from non-being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all, the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence.” ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara, or the cycle of manifestation, ‘The Great Day,’ which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by ‘Pralaya,’ a dark period, which to our finite minds would seem as an eternity, or but a moment in time.

‘Manvantara,’ is a creative day as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis, ‘Pralaya,’ is the evening that proceeds the next creative day. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis as the “GENERATIONS OF THE UNIVERSE.”

The English word “Generation,” is translated from the Hebrew “toledoth” which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as ‘births,’ or ‘descendants,’ such as “These are the generations of Adam,” or “these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc. And the ‘Great Day’ in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which those who attain to perfection are allowed to enter, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles of endless rebirths that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

Enoch the righteous, wrote that God created an eighth day also, so that it should be the first after his works, and it is a day eternal with neither hours, days, weeks, months or years, for all time is stuck together in one eon, etc, etc, and all who enter into the generation of the Light beings, are able to visit all those worlds that still exist in Space-Time, but not in our time.

A series of worlds following one upon the other-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it. This is the true resurrection in which all from the previous cycle of universal activity, who still have the judgmental war raging within them, are born again into the endless cycles of physical manifestation, or rebirths.

In the Pseudepigrapha of the OT, it is written, that as Adam lay dying, the Lord Jah-el (Lord to the glory of El the creator) said to Adam; "Dust thou art and to dust you will return, but I promise, that when the resurrection comes around again, I will raise you and all your seed to life once again.

The resurrection here, is the next cycle of universal activity.

“YOU,” as a human being, are Body, Soul and Spirit, but “YOU” the invisible mind, are spirit. The body in which you, [The mind] are developing as the supreme head and controller of that body, is made up of the universal elements, which is activated by the soul [Animating life force] to which all the spirit [gathered information] of all your ancestors, human and pre-human has been gathered in its evolution to become who you are, and that parental spirit dwells behind the veil of the flesh to the inner most sanctuary of its temporary earthly tabernacle or tent, which is your physical body, as it awaits the creation of its glorious temple of incorruptible Light. [THE SON OF MAN] which is the next stage in the eternal process of evolution or growth of HE, who is all that exists.

If that body in which your parental spirit dwells, were born without the sense of sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, etc, then no information whatsoever could be taken into the brain, and “YOU” who are spirit [Gathered information] could never have begun to develop and the living body, in which the parental spirit dwells, would soon die, never having developed a personality or “CONTROLLING GODHEAD” to that body, which godhead should be an obedient servant to your indwelling parental spirit, “WHO YOU ARE.”

Then of the Thee in Me who works behind The veil,
I lifted up my hands to find A lamp amid the Darkness;
and I heard, As from Without----
“The Me within Thee is blind.”----- By Omar Khayyam.

When the body in which you [the mind] are being formed, dies, [This is the first death] and your body of “skin, flesh, muscle, blood, bone, brain matter etc, etc,” has returned to the universal elements from which it was created, all that remains, is a shadow or rather, a facsimile of YOU, the mind or spirit, that has been imprinted into the universal life force or soul, from which it will be resurrected in the next cycle of universal activity. Unless of course, the information=spirit that is “YOU” has condemned ‘WHO YOU ARE’ and ‘WHO YOU ARE’ having being condemned by ‘YOU’, is then divided from the universal life-force, which is the second death. For the spirit=information that is you, can be divided from the universal soul. Hebrews 4: 12.---------“For the word of God is alive and active, sharper than any two edged sword. It cuts all the way through to the division of the soul and spirit.”

arthra

Baha'i

The Baha'i concept of resurrection is spiritual not material in nature... I'll share a few selections from Baha'i sources on the subject:

"Behold how the generality of mankind hath been endued with the capacity to hearken unto God's most exalted Word -- the Word upon which must depend the gathering together and spiritual resurrection of all men...."

~ Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 96

"...by "Resurrection" is meant the rise of the Manifestation of God to proclaim His Cause, and by "attainment unto the divine Presence" is meant attainment unto the presence of His Beauty in the person of His Manifestation. For verily, "No vision taketh in Him, but He taketh in all vision."

~ Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 169

Bahá'u'lláh has pointed out that upon the Word of God "must depend the gathering together and spiritual resurrection of all men", that "every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God is endowed with such potency as can instill new life into every human frame", and that were man to "taste the sweetness of the words which the lips of the All-Merciful have willed to utter, he would, though the treasures of the earth be in his possession, renounce them one and all, that he might vindicate the truth of even one of His commandments".

~ Compilations, The Compilation of Compilations vol II, p. 36

In the estimation of God and according to the usage of such as are initiated into divine mysteries, what is meant by the Day of Resurrection is this, that from the time of the appearance of Him Who is the Tree of divine Reality, at whatever period and under whatever name, until the moment of His disappearance, is the Day of Resurrection.

~ The Bab, Selections from the Writings of the Bab, p. 106

Hawkins

Humans recognize each other through our faces. Resurrection is to restore your physical body for the final judgment.

A rich person has built a building full of apartments. He now is starting to invite all of his friends and relatives to come to live free of charge. However he realizes that some of them may do something bad, say teaching his children to steal, to gamble etc. Thus he sets up rules (or laws) to define who can continue to live with him and who will not.

That's actually how God's law originated and why there will be a final judgment. The final judgment is for you to live inside such an eternal building, or not.