• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About fossils -- would you say this is true?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I’ll only respond to this bc I get an avalanche of unsubstantiated theory. Stars and ‘planets’ outside of our solar system are just light not atoms. That’s not theory but Biblical fact. You only have an optical illusion to support your theories of the stars, no tangible evidence.
So you're claiming stars and planets are fake just because some ancient primitives didn't understand astronomy? That's a rather dopey take.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
No. There are distinct annual layers in the ice cores, which can be counted to give the age of individual layers. Variations from layer to layer in the concentration of the isotope oxygen-18 indicate the temperature at the time the layer was formed and therefore provide a calibrated history of climate variation over hundreds of thousands of years. The ice itself is derived from snowfall, so it does not contain rocks or other sedimentary material.
Except some layers which may contain sediments from a large volcanic eruption which have drifted onto the ice can also be dated. I think?

Apostle John

“Go ahead, look up Revelation 6”
So you're claiming stars and planets are fake just because some ancient primitives didn't understand astronomy? That's a rather dopey take.
What can you understand by looking through a lens when it’s a known fact human eyes can experience optical illusions. The ancients new a lot more about the stars than an unawakened like you.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What can you understand by looking through a lens when it’s a known fact human eyes can experience optical illusions. The ancients new a lot more about the stars than an unawakened like you.
Well isn't that convenient.

It's a known fact human brains can experience irrational delusions. The ancients were ignorant savages and their superstitions certainly don't supercede science. Is all of the medicine and technology you use illusions as well?

Astrophile

I’ll only respond to this bc I get an avalanche of unsubstantiated theory. Stars and ‘planets’ outside of our solar system are just light not atoms. That’s not theory but Biblical fact. You only have an optical illusion to support your theories of the stars, no tangible evidence.
Stars do consist of atoms; their spectra show absorption and emission lines of hydrogen, helium, carbon, nitrogen, sodium, magnesium, silicon, phosphorus, sulphur, chromium, manganese, iron, and other kinds of atoms.

Astrophile

Did they know of the existence of binary stars, some of which eclipse each other? Did they know about pulsating stars? Did they know that some that stars have magnetic fields much stronger than the Earth's? Did they even know how far away the stars are?

Apostle John

Stars do consist of atoms; their spectra show absorption and emission lines of hydrogen, helium, carbon, nitrogen, sodium, magnesium, silicon, phosphorus, sulphur, chromium, manganese, iron, and other kinds of atoms.
God can manipulate electronics in my experience. The illusion of atoms existing would be a cinch manipulating light measured by spectrophotometry or any other electronic gadgetry.
Did they know of the existence of binary stars, some of which eclipse each other? Did they know about pulsating stars? Did they know that some that stars have magnetic fields much stronger than the Earth's? Did they even know how far away the stars are?
No but neither do you for real, there’s no touchable evidence only optical which we know can be illusory.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Do you want to explain it?
First you have to go back and read the article that was supplied to you. If you do not understand then I will explain it to you. You need to do your own homework at times. When someone supports a point with an article you do need to at least to try to understand it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
God can manipulate electronics in my experience. The illusion of atoms existing would be a cinch manipulating light measured by spectrophotometry or any other electronic gadgetry.

No but neither do you for real, there’s no touchable evidence only optical which we know can be illusory.
So your explanation is magic that you can't explain or demonstrate. Sorry but that's not an explanation at all, given that it provides zero explanatory power.

So you've got experience with some God manipulating electronics? Cool. Let's see the evidence of that.

Audie

Veteran Member
Well you know, there's factual
facts and what we now learn are
" Biblical facts".

You've experienced God manipulating
electronics and think he is tricking out
the Light from stars.
If you ever meet "god" he may
want to have a Word with you.

Apostle John

So your explanation is magic that you can't explain or demonstrate. Sorry but that's not an explanation at all, given that it provides zero explanatory power.

So you've got experience with some God manipulating electronics? Cool. Let's see the evidence of that.
No, None of it is guesswork. Why make such obviously false claims? The only way for you to see that it is not guesswork is to learn.

But you are afraid to do that.
It says in the Bible God is light. Will He not therefore be a supernatural energy, the likes an atheist has to disprove the existence of. If you follow NASA etc they say the world is made up of 5% atoms with the rest, they say, being made up of dark energy/matter. You and they cannot explain or demonstrate that nor tell us how atoms are made or where they come from.

I only have anecdotal and personal experience of the power of the supernatural, better than theories but difficult to prove to the doubters so I won’t bother.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It says in the Bible God is light. Will He not therefore be a supernatural energy, the likes an atheist has to disprove the existence of. If you follow NASA etc they say the world is made up of 5% atoms with the rest, they say, being made up of dark energy/matter. You and they cannot explain or demonstrate that nor tell us how atoms are made or where they come from.

I only have anecdotal and personal experience of the power of the supernatural, better than theories but difficult to prove to the doubters so I won’t bother.
Sorry, but until you prove otherwise the Bible is no more "factual" than any other holy book. It is just another book of myths until you meet the burden of proof.