• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About astronauts

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
RF triumphs again. Without this thread I would never have learned about the serious risks they face in space.

Farts: An Under-appreciated Threat to Astronauts

A flammable gas is unwelcome in a tiny pressurized capsule or space suit

But if you’re an astronaut, every fart is a ticking time bomb. The gases in farts are flammable, which can quickly become a problem in a tiny pressurized capsule in the middle of space where your fart gases have no where to go. In this “oldie but goodie” study from the late 1960s, scientists fed subjects a then-state-of-the-art space diet compared with a “bland formula.” They discovered that the space diet actually produced more gas than the control diet, and noted that “volumes would be larger at reduced spacecraft and suit pressures.” This explains why astronaut food doesn’t include freeze-dried beans…

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The other day I was watching two astronauts getting back from the space station. And some of their tasks at the space station had been space walks.

So I was thinking.
What happens if they fart in space :confused: they can be on a space walk for 6 hours at the time.
What if one of them farted after 30 minutes :confused: that must be a bad trip in space, smelling their own fart for five and a half hour :oops:
An expert weighs in on the subject....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Blind & desperate optimism?
To which my wife responded with laughter and "I'll have to remember that" when I told her the entire sequence of comments.

This illustrates the entire sequence of married life when it works: Ignore the fault. See the fault but wish it did not exist. Get annoyed by the fault. Demand the person fix the fault. (the last two continue for quite some time). Get resigned to the fault. And finally laugh about it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
To which my wife responded with laughter and "I'll have to remember that" when I told her the entire sequence of comments.

This illustrates the entire sequence of married life when it works: Ignore the fault. See the fault but wish it did not exist. Get annoyed by the fault. Demand the person fix the fault. (the last two continue for quite some time). Get resigned to the fault. And finally laugh about it.

Methinks i am up to the resigned (don't give a _______ ) about the fault although I do often laugh and have recently nagged him into fixing one of his faults

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Methinks i am up to the resigned (don't give a _______ ) about the fault although I do often laugh and have recently nagged him into fixing one of his faults
Nagging is forever. We both indulge but sometimes with resignation and sometimes with laughter. And sometimes both.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Send me $50,000, & I could act as your agent.
Shipping is extra.
658_1.jpg