• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About a god existing....or not

We Never Know

No Slack
Joe Bob believes in a god, goes to church regularly, says his prayers, lives his own life as if heaven and hell exist and wants to go to heaven.

Jim Bob doesn't believe in a god, doesn't go to church, takes life day by day, and lives his own life as when I die its all over because there is no heaven or hell.

Who's right? Do we even know?
Why does either of them living their own life bother anyone?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Joe Bob believes in a god, goes to church regularly, says his prayers, lives his own life as if heaven and hell exist and wants to go to heaven.

Jim Bob doesn't believe in a god, doesn't go to church, takes life day by day, and lives his own life as when I die its all over because there is no heaven or hell.

I agree with Joe Bob but there is no way to prove I am right....

I believe that Joe Bob and Jim Bob should both be free to live however they want to live.
In my religion that has been called BEAUTY AND HARMONY IN DIVERSITY.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

It's pretty straightforward.

God is a mental concept.

Wouldn't it be clear after waiting thousands and thousands of years, that if there was actually a god or gods, a god would be by now well known already throughout the course of time? Living in the real world outside the imagination?

Yet there isn't save for active imaginations. I would say the shelf life for proving a god is well past its expiration date.

PureX

Veteran Member

Both have an ego that exists to defend their conception of themselves and of reality from dissolution. So unless they learn how to control their egos and reign it in to an appropriate and reasonable degree, they will end up arguing with each other over who's view of themselves and reality is "right". Even though neither of them can possibly know if they are right or wrong.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Both have an ego that exists to defend their conception of themselves and of reality from dissolution. So unless they learn how to control their egos and reign it in to an appropriate and reasonable degree, they will end up arguing with each other over who's view of themselves and reality is "right". Even though neither of them can possible know if they are right or wrong.
" They" might even keep starting threads
to stir the pot.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Wahdat-ul-Wujood (Unity of Being) essentially states that the only truth within the universe is God, and that all things exist within God only.

So even as human one are a part of God:)
In my understanding