• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Why is it ok for a subconscious abortion, or miscarriage and not a conscious abortion?

Isn't the result the same? The subconscious rejected the fetus vs the conscience rejected it.

Is a person's mental health less important than their physical?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Why is it ok for a subconscious abortion, or miscarriage and not a conscious abortion?

Isn't the result the same? The subconscious rejected the fetus vs the conscience rejected it.

I would say both conscious abortion and miscarriage cause mental anguish and trauma. Birth causes unthinkable physical anguish and trauma. Any-which-way, you must face pain and suffering.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I would say both conscious abortion and miscarriage cause mental anguish and trauma. Birth causes unthinkable physical anguish and trauma. Any-which-way, you must face pain and suffering.
True. So why would a person think that antibortion would be less suffering when another is added to the mix?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

There is a choice involved in one and not a choice involved in the other.
If you made a choice you are responsible for the outcome. Whereas if you had no choice in the matter you are not.

crossfire

Premium Member
Even though the person may not know anything about a pregnancy consciously. On a subconscious level it would and possibly reject it.
Early pregnancy is hormonal hell. (as is late pregnancy and post partum.)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
That is a simple question for me. The differences are for example "premeditation" AND "non-accountable"

stvdv

The subconscious rejected the fetus vs the conscience rejected it.
Conscience is a very important tool we have, and going against it can harm you a lot, whereas subconscious acts are beyond your control normally

stvdv

Depends on the person I guess. Personally for me, certain physical challenges I can handle better than others, because I have a good mental health

Why is it ok for a subconscious abortion, or miscarriage and not a conscious abortion?...

I would not want to be aborted, that is why I think it would be wrong to abort someone else.

But, this is interesting topic, if God decides to abort evil people, is it ok?

crossfire

Premium Member
True. So why would a person think that antibortion would be less suffering when another is added to the mix?
Well, I suppose that a woman dying from a lack of aftercare following a miscarriage (because it is the same procedure as an abortion) would end her mental anguish.