• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion: Are you pro-life or pro-choice?

What is your stance on abortion?

• Total voters

mr.guy

crapsack
dawny0826 said:
I don't know...
If you take the pro-life movement seriously, may i suggest you ponder my idea?
Plenty of advocacy groups use multilateralistic approaches to achieve broad targets.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
mr.guy said:
If you take the pro-life movement seriously, may i suggest you ponder my idea?
Plenty of advocacy groups use multilateralistic approaches to achieve broad targets.
Not that your idea isn't fascinating...

I think I'd just assume pushing the ideas of rubber and hormones...

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I read something a few months ago about doctors possibly having the ability to take a fetus out of a womb and put it into an artificial womb. Perhaps a "rushed pregnancy" might draw a favorable line for both sides soon?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
GeneCosta said:
I read something a few months ago about doctors possibly having the ability to take a fetus out of a womb and put it into an artificial womb. Perhaps a "rushed pregnancy" might draw a favorable line for both sides soon?
That's interesting.

FFH

Veteran Member
The story of Rachel always comes to mind when thinking upon the subject of abortion. Rachel gave her life while bearing her second son Benjamin. Rachel bore two sons, Joseph and then Benjamin.

Genesis 35: 15-20

15- And Jacob called the name of the place where God spake with him, Beth-el.

16- And they journeyed from Beth-el, and there was but a little way to come to Ephrath: and Rachel travailed, and she had hard labour.

17- And it came to pass, when she was in hard labour, that the midwife said unto her, Fear no, thou shalt have this son also.

18- And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Ben -oni: but his father called him Benjamin.

19- And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Beth-lehem.

20- And Jacob set a piller upon her grave: that is the piller of Rachel's grave unto this day.

Benjamin was the twelth son of Jacob (now called Israel). Rachel gave her life in bearing the last son of Jacob. Rachel was buried in Bethlehem.

Smoke

Done here.
I voted "Abortion should be 100% illegal," but I misread it as "100% legal." :banghead3

I think it would be better if there were few abortions or none, but the bottom line is that the government should not force a woman to carry a pregnancy to term against her will.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
MidnightBlue said:
I voted "Abortion should be 100% illegal," but I misread it as "100% legal." :banghead3

I think it would be better if there were few abortions or none, but the bottom line is that the government should not force a woman to carry a pregnancy to term against her will.

I agree completely!

WeAreAllOne

FFH said:
The story of Rachel always comes to mind when thinking upon the subject of abortion. Rachel gave her life while bearing her second son Benjamin. Rachel bore two sons, Joseph and then Benjamin.

Genesis 35: 15-20

15- And Jacob called the name of the place where God spake with him, Beth-el.

16- And they journeyed from Beth-el, and there was but a little way to come to Ephrath: and Rachel travailed, and she had hard labour.

17- And it came to pass, when she was in hard labour, that the midwife said unto her, Fear no, thou shalt have this son also.

18- And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Ben -oni: but his father called him Benjamin.

19- And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Beth-lehem.

20- And Jacob set a piller upon her grave: that is the piller of Rachel's grave unto this day.

Benjamin was the twelth son of Jacob (now called Israel). Rachel gave her life in bearing the last son of Jacob. Rachel was buried in Bethlehem.
Maybe I’m dense but I’m not really sure what you’re getting at here. Are you saying even if the mother had a good chance to die she should still have her child? Personally I rather have my Wife alive, and if possible try for another child or adopt before I would let her die to bring a child into the world. Please correct me if that was not the point of the passage. Thank you

I personally believe that God created sex for the purpose of reproduction... so abortion should not be allowed even if it were proved that life does not begin until birth. When you have sex, you should realize that there is a chance you will have a child. If a woman is raped, and she becomes pregnant, then she should get an abortion immediately (first trimester), or have the baby and put it up for adoption. Abortion should only be allowed if it is a life or death situation.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Daniel Burbank said:
If a woman is raped, and she becomes pregnant, then she should get an abortion immediately (first trimester)...
If it is one's position that abortion is wrong because life begins at conception and killing a fetus is killing a living human being, then why make the distinction between the result of rape and the result of consensual sex?

WeAreAllOne

I personally believe that God created sex for the purpose of reproduction... so abortion should not be allowed even if it were proved that life does not begin until birth.
Even though these are obviously religious forums I don’t think that religious views should play a part in the issue. Because we are talking about the legality of abortion, the religious aspect should be kept to a minimum. I’m not saying people shouldn’t post their religious views on abortion. I’m just talking about when this topic is pertaining strictly to laws. Or do you think in this case religious views should play a part in deciding law?

Maize said:
If it is one's position that abortion is wrong because life begins at conception and killing a fetus is killing a living human being, then why make the distinction between the result of rape and the result of consensual sex?
It is not necessarily my view that life begins at conception...the chance that life exists in the second or third trimester is greater than at the first trimester (according to scientists). Maybe I misspoke my view, though. It is my hope that a woman would not get an abortion because of rape, but instead carry it to term and put it up for adoption. I don't want to get into an arguement about when life begins, because there's really no way of knowing.

WeAreAllOne said:
Even though these are obviously religious forums I don’t think that religious views should play a part in the issue. Because we are talking about the legality of abortion, the religious aspect should be kept to a minimum. I’m not saying people shouldn’t post their religious views on abortion. I’m just talking about when this topic is pertaining strictly to laws. Or do you think in this case religious views should play a part in deciding law?
Well, it's just my personal belief, but even from a scientific view, the purpose of sex is obviously reproduction. The fact that it feels good doesn't change its purpose.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Daniel Burbank said:
It is not necessarily my view that life begins at conception...the chance that life exists in the second or third trimester is greater than at the first trimester (according to scientists). Maybe I misspoke my view, though. It is my hope that a woman would not get an abortion because of rape, but instead carry it to term and put it up for adoption. I don't want to get into an arguement about when life begins, because there's really no way of knowing.
That's not my argument either. The point I was trying to make is that I see it as rather hypocritical for the person who does believe that life begins at conception to say it's OK for a pregnancy that was the product of rape to be aborted, but not a pregnancy that was the product of consensual sex.

WeAreAllOne

Well, it's just my personal belief, but even from a scientific view, the purpose of sex is obviously reproduction. The fact that it feels good doesn't change its purpose.
did you mean to quote me? that responce had nothing to do with the question. I dont think.