• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion: an assault on the defenseless

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
What is the LDS official stance on killing people who are already born?
(Capital punishment, war, unsanctioned police brutality, failure to assist a person in danger)
We should not kill or do anything like unto it. Killing in war is allowed only if you love the people you are going to war against.
One of our leaders just promoted Black Lives Matter (not the violence, atheism, anti-family or Marxism though).
I assume helping a person in danger is very important. I saved a life on my mission.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
If "their babies are in Heaven" then what is wrong with abortion?

Religious people lead good lives in order to get into heaven. According to your views, fetuses get a free pass. The mothers getting the abortions are actually ensuring their offspring will get into heaven instead of risking them growing up to become atheists to spend eternity in hell.
Same reason why you can go to Heaven but it doesn't translate into "I should take your life".

ecco

Veteran Member
Same reason why you can go to Heaven but it doesn't translate into "I should take your life".
duck n dodge. No matter how you twist it, it's not hurting the fetuses, it's doing a wonderful thing for them - that's what you said.

ecco

Veteran Member
duck n dodge. No matter how you twist it, it's not hurting the fetuses, it's doing a wonderful thing for them - that's what you said.

Fake news... nice try though.

Not fake news. Parroting Donald Trump doesn't make it fake news. In fact when people say "fake news" you know that what they were referring to was true, not fake.

As evidence, I'll just post what you wrote...

Their babies are in Heaven and mercy is lovingly sent to each mother.

I can appreciate the fact that you may have forgotten. But that's the wonderful thing about forums, one can always look back, if one is interested in truth.

ecco

Veteran Member

Fact Sheet? Are you under some impression the your Charlotte Lozier Instuitute is an organization that does actual research?

They Don't. All they are is an organization that, like you, is anti-abortion. From the horse's mouth...

About Us | Charlotte Lozier Institute
The Charlotte Lozier Institute is the 501(c)(3) research and education institute of the Susan B. Anthony List, an organization dedicated to electing candidates and pursuing policies that will reduce and ultimately end abortion.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
More than just the view of a leader of 15 million or so, it is the view of billions. We also love mothers who have, (through difficulties, pressures, emotions et al), have gone through the process of an abortion. Their babies are in Heaven and mercy is lovingly sent to each mother.

(Of course, if either life is in peril (mom and baby - sometimes we have to make hard decisions... but God knows that)
Aborted fetuses don't go to heaven?

Kenny

Premium Member
I can appreciate the fact that you may have forgotten. But that's the wonderful thing about forums, one can always look back, if one is interested in truth.

So true.

More than just the view of a leader of 15 million or so, it is the view of billions. We also love mothers who have, (through difficulties, pressures, emotions et al), have gone through the process of an abortion. Their babies are in Heaven and mercy is lovingly sent to each mother.

as I said and when you asked about it my reply was

So... you are suggesting that I simply take your life so that you can go to Heaven.

Kenny

Premium Member
Fact Sheet? Are you under some impression the your Charlotte Lozier Instuitute is an organization that does actual research?

They Don't. All they are is an organization that, like you, is anti-abortion. From the horse's mouth...

About Us | Charlotte Lozier Institute
The Charlotte Lozier Institute is the 501(c)(3) research and education institute of the Susan B. Anthony List, an organization dedicated to electing candidates and pursuing policies that will reduce and ultimately end abortion.

Doesn't change the reality of science. Just because an organization states the truth but it doesn't match what you want, doesn't make the science any less true

As it has been proven

Kenny

Premium Member
Aborted fetuses don't go to heaven?
Yes.... that is my belief.

Years ago, my wife and I lost two babies due to natural causes (actually for causes we don't know why) before we had our first live-born baby. My wife passed them while on the toilet. Very small--very traumatic.

My wife had always wondered if they were boys or girls and had asked God about it.

Some twenty years later (and three children later) I was visiting an elderly woman in the hospital whose husband had already left this earth. She had no idea about the two lost babies.

As I sat beside her bed she began to share..."Pastor, I had a dream and I don't know if I was temporarily in Heaven or just a dream but I saw my husband and my mother and my father. But an interesting thing was that there were two boys whose resemblance was like your son but a little older."

I shared that with my wife and she told me she had always wondered and asked God what gender they were.

I have not reason to believe that babies that are results of an abortion (natural or otherwise) aren't in Heaven. There is nothing in the Bible that would be at odds with that position. It would tend to support the believe that life begins at conception.

In addition, King David's said of his baby that died soon after birth, "I will see him again". (paraphrased)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Yes.... that is my belief.

Years ago, my wife and I lost two babies due to natural causes (actually for causes we don't know why) before we had our first live-born baby. My wife passed them while on the toilet. Very small--very traumatic.

My wife had always wondered if they were boys or girls and had asked God about it.

Some twenty years later (and three children later) I was visiting an elderly woman in the hospital whose husband had already left this earth. She had no idea about the two lost babies.

As I sat beside her bed she began to share..."Pastor, I had a dream and I don't know if I was temporarily in Heaven or just a dream but I saw my husband and my mother and my father. But an interesting thing was that there were two boys whose resemblance was like your son but a little older."

I shared that with my wife and she told me she had always wondered and asked God what gender they were.

I have not reason to believe that babies that are results of an abortion (natural or otherwise) aren't in Heaven. There is nothing in the Bible that would be at odds with that position. It would tend to support the believe that life begins at conception.

In addition, King David's said of his baby that died soon after birth, "I will see him again". (paraphrased)
So what's the problem with abortion then?

I'm sorry to hear that about your wife. I also had a miscarriage a few years back.

Kenny

Premium Member
So what's the problem with abortion then?

I'm sorry to hear that about your wife. I also had a miscarriage a few years back.

As I view it, there are multiple issues with abortion. As I enumerate them, however, my heart still goes out to those who have made that choice. My sisters had abortions so it isn't like I'm a stranger to the issue or uncaring. I also understand that there are circumstances that abortion is necessary such a a fallopian tube birth where both mother and child are at risk. So we are not talking about the exceptions but rather that which is the norm... healthy mom, healthy baby.

Obviously, as a Christian, we value life. Before I became a Christian I was pro-abortion.

1) The most important is the value of life. I find it odd that people will say it is just a fetus even at six months but somehow it became a person once it is out of the womb. If we don't value life at the inception then we loose the value of life at the end and in between. It cheapen's life and if you cheapen it at the beginning, it just keeps the domino effect going on (generally speaking).

2) It's not her body. I hear people say that it is the mother's body but don't find any scientific support for that position. The baby has a different brain wave-length, the baby has a different blood type, the baby has a different finger print and, to make a long story short, it has every difference within the other's body as without the body.

3) Removing a life because of... It seems strange that if two people were irresponsible in action that a third party should pay the consequence. As an analogy (pushing it to the limit just for understanding sake), two people rob a house and as a consequence the owner of the house should just give the stuff to them. Again, the analogy is way out there but exaggerated to just get the principle. If two people are responsible, the third party shouldn't pay the consequence.

4) I can't afford it. I don't find much substance to that position and certainly most don't even qualify. It usually translates into "It is cramping my style". There are so many helps out in the community. If you can't afford it at the beginning, the next step is "I can't support my parents in a wheel chairs" - small steps to the next step. If in reality you can't afford it, there are two million couples waiting to adopt.

And the list could go on.

ecco

Veteran Member
So... you are suggesting that I simply take your life so that you can go to Heaven.
Well, there you go again, twisting things around. Neither one of us said anything about adults who are killed. We were talking about aborted fetuses getting into heaven, not killed adults.

Do try to stay in context.

Nevertheless, you believe:
Some people will go to heaven.
Some people will not go to heaven.
All aborted fetuses go to heaven.

All the praying for and evangelizing will not guarantee that a born person will go to heaven.
So, if heaven is the ultimate prize, abortion guarantees it. At least that is what you said you believe. Are you having second thoughts?

Kenny

Premium Member
Well, there you go again, twisting things around. Neither one of us said anything about adults who are killed. We were talking about aborted fetuses getting into heaven, not killed adults.

Do try to stay in context.

Nevertheless, you believe:
Some people will go to heaven.
Some people will not go to heaven.
All aborted fetuses go to heaven.

All the praying for and evangelizing will not guarantee that a born person will go to heaven.
So, if heaven is the ultimate prize, abortion guarantees it. At least that is what you said you believe. Are you having second thoughts?
Not at all... translating what you said, I should go around to all churches and start knocking them off. A crazy thought you are proposing.

Twisted thinking IMV.

If the fetus doesn't use or support their 2nd Amendment rights and arm itself to protect itself from being aborted then it deserves what it gets. Arm the fetus!