• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abomination of desolation

Jeremiah Ames

I want to apologize up front for the length of this.

Daniel 9:26-27 26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The “overspreading of abominations” is making Jerusalem desolate. Jerusalem does not represent a city in the Middle East. It represents the Christian church (in this instance. Prior to the Lord’s coming, it represented the Jewish church) Abominations are falsities.

Note Matthew 24:11 & 15: And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. ..
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

From this, we see that Daniel is speaking of something to occur after the Lord came into the world. Many false prophets.. shall deceive MANY. I think it’s obvious what this is speaking of.

Further on in Matthew 24:21: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be

“Great tribulation” refers to the state of Christianity when there is no longer any good or truth in it. What is this abomination that caused this tribulation? I believe it’s the doctrine of a trinity found in Christianity since around the 4th century. This doctrine, being a “precept of man”, which the Lord spoke against.

Just look at the Athanasian creed:

“Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith unless every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: that we worship one God in Trinity”

Whoever will be saved ? It is necessary? That he hold a “man made” faith?
How can any rational person accept such nonsense?

And then they describe this “man made” faith as worshipping one God in trinity?

After a lot of “mysterious” mumbo jumbo, further down we read:
“He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.”

Oh yeah, just to make sure you are following man made ideas instead of God, we will tell you HOW TO THINK. This is absurd.

After significantly more “stuff”, at the end we are told: “This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.”

This seems to be taken from the evil playbook, that if you repeat a lie often enough, the people will believe it.

Why doesn’t this creed tell us to follow God in order to be saved? Why must we follow mysterious beliefs of other people?

Look at Matthew 7:24-27:

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

What are “these sayings of mine”? Lots of truths regarding following the Lord, bearing good fruit, etc.
And notice, He said “and DOETH THEM”. Yes, we must DO good (bear fruit).

The evil one is very crafty. If he can get you to build your house on sand, then the entire house is of no use. Every belief that comes afterward will be false. Thus, the “house fell”.

You are told what “faith” is. Therefore, you cannot discover where faith really comes from.

You are told that Jesus died on a cross for YOUR sins, because the Father required punishment for sin. Therefore, you will never find the truth.

You are told that believing the above is what saves you. Therefore, by the simple act of believing something, you are magically (or mysteriously) saved. Therefore, you don’t have to change your behavior. Why should you? You just got saved, nothing else is needed.

From one giant abomination (the trinity of persons), desolation results (man’s captivity or bondage as a result of following that which is false), which finally brings about great tribulation (no longer any good and truth).

The tribulation and abomination referred to above are spoken of in the book of Revelation.

Read it at your leisure.

I am not the bearer of doom and gloom though, as it may appear. I want to share the ending, which is a beautiful thing. Because, in the end, those who persevere, and do not follow men and their false ideas, get a glorious new church (on this earth) and also life everlasting.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

(A good exercise would be to figure out, by using the Word, what is meant by “no more sea”)

Revelation 21:2 And, I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

This is telling us about the new church that has been created from the desolation of the last one. Yes, HAS BEEN created. It’s done guys. Those Christians waiting for the second coming at some future time will be waiting for as long as the Jews are waiting for their messiah. Yep, a NEW Jerusalem. Jerusalem is no longer representing the Christian church.

Read the remainder of the book. It’s not that long. It’s all the good news.

Twelve gates, but they are never shut. No longer any sun, yet no darkness, etc.

And in Revelation 22:1-2, you will find a “pure river of water of life” and next to the river, the “tree of life, which bare 12 manners of fruit” and “ the leaves of the tree were for healing”.

Just my thoughts.

Have fun with it.

leov

I want to apologize up front for the length of this.

Daniel 9:26-27 26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The “overspreading of abominations” is making Jerusalem desolate. Jerusalem does not represent a city in the Middle East. It represents the Christian church (in this instance. Prior to the Lord’s coming, it represented the Jewish church) Abominations are falsities.

Note Matthew 24:11 & 15: And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. ..
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

From this, we see that Daniel is speaking of something to occur after the Lord came into the world. Many false prophets.. shall deceive MANY. I think it’s obvious what this is speaking of.

Further on in Matthew 24:21: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be

“Great tribulation” refers to the state of Christianity when there is no longer any good or truth in it. What is this abomination that caused this tribulation? I believe it’s the doctrine of a trinity found in Christianity since around the 4th century. This doctrine, being a “precept of man”, which the Lord spoke against.

Just look at the Athanasian creed:

“Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith unless every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: that we worship one God in Trinity”

Whoever will be saved ? It is necessary? That he hold a “man made” faith?
How can any rational person accept such nonsense?

And then they describe this “man made” faith as worshipping one God in trinity?

After a lot of “mysterious” mumbo jumbo, further down we read:
“He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.”

Oh yeah, just to make sure you are following man made ideas instead of God, we will tell you HOW TO THINK. This is absurd.

After significantly more “stuff”, at the end we are told: “This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.”

This seems to be taken from the evil playbook, that if you repeat a lie often enough, the people will believe it.

Why doesn’t this creed tell us to follow God in order to be saved? Why must we follow mysterious beliefs of other people?

Look at Matthew 7:24-27:

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

What are “these sayings of mine”? Lots of truths regarding following the Lord, bearing good fruit, etc.
And notice, He said “and DOETH THEM”. Yes, we must DO good (bear fruit).

The evil one is very crafty. If he can get you to build your house on sand, then the entire house is of no use. Every belief that comes afterward will be false. Thus, the “house fell”.

You are told what “faith” is. Therefore, you cannot discover where faith really comes from.

You are told that Jesus died on a cross for YOUR sins, because the Father required punishment for sin. Therefore, you will never find the truth.

You are told that believing the above is what saves you. Therefore, by the simple act of believing something, you are magically (or mysteriously) saved. Therefore, you don’t have to change your behavior. Why should you? You just got saved, nothing else is needed.

From one giant abomination (the trinity of persons), desolation results (man’s captivity or bondage as a result of following that which is false), which finally brings about great tribulation (no longer any good and truth).

The tribulation and abomination referred to above are spoken of in the book of Revelation.

Read it at your leisure.

I am not the bearer of doom and gloom though, as it may appear. I want to share the ending, which is a beautiful thing. Because, in the end, those who persevere, and do not follow men and their false ideas, get a glorious new church (on this earth) and also life everlasting.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

(A good exercise would be to figure out, by using the Word, what is meant by “no more sea”)

Revelation 21:2 And, I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

This is telling us about the new church that has been created from the desolation of the last one. Yes, HAS BEEN created. It’s done guys. Those Christians waiting for the second coming at some future time will be waiting for as long as the Jews are waiting for their messiah. Yep, a NEW Jerusalem. Jerusalem is no longer representing the Christian church.

Read the remainder of the book. It’s not that long. It’s all the good news.

Twelve gates, but they are never shut. No longer any sun, yet no darkness, etc.

And in Revelation 22:1-2, you will find a “pure river of water of life” and next to the river, the “tree of life, which bare 12 manners of fruit” and “ the leaves of the tree were for healing”.

Just my thoughts.

Have fun with it.
It is going on...now, in many countries death rates is higher than birth rates. Many factors involved on many fronts.