• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abomination of Desolation

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Yet with Paul's and John's influence, they've made most of it not make sense, as people still think the Jews are chosen people, when according to the prophets they're a curse until after the Tribulation. :innocent:

According to the prophets, every nation where there are Jewish people is superbly blessed, unless they choose to persecute Jewish people, which is like sticking a finger in the apple of God's eye.

Proper interpretation of the scriptures have the Jewish people as still chosen.

Etritonakin

In Jesus' final sermon on the Mount of Olives He refers to the "abomination of desolation"

Mathew 24:15-16
"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)
Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:"

What does this mean?:)

If you look for similar language, it becomes clear.....

20And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. 21Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto....

Some believe the taking away of the daily (the word sacrifice is not present, only assumed -and the daily in the end time does not include animal sacrifice) and the abomination are the same event -and believe that a physical temple must first be built -or at least animal sacrifices resumed in what remains of the temple -before Messiah will come -or return if it is believed he came the first time as Christ, etc..
But the taking away of the daily and the abomination that makes desolate are two different events separated by 1,290 days.

31And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate

11And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall bea thousand two hundred and ninety days

The abomination is essentially a military strike against Jerusalem/Judah by the forces of the beast -though the modern nation of Israel will be attacked by closer neighbors and war with them for about/a little over 3 1/2 years before the abomination. The forces of the beast and the forces of the kings of the east will also gather in Meggido to fight each other, but all remaining will turn to war with the returning Christ....

The flight spoken of in Zechariah 14 is the same as -or is a continuation of -the flight of those in Judaea.....

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
If you look for similar language, it becomes clear.....

Thank you for your careful consideration of the questions asked.

It is excellent that you have associated the abomination of desolation with the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple by the Romans.

You have explored some Old Testament verses, particular from Daniel and Zechariah are very relevant. Then you have speculated about numbers such as 1290.

At this point I would suggest that the most important verses are Daniel 9:24-27 and the most important number in regards to Jesus' fulfilment of prophecy is 490.

Numbers such as 1260, 1290, 1345, and 2300 are important and mentioned in the apocalyptic writings of Daniel and Revelations. However these refer to the return of Christ. We need to look at the number 490 which refers specifically to Jesus and see how this is fulfilled. We need to walk before we can run. If we are unable to see how 490 relates to Jesus, then the other numbers remain a mystery.

Here is the text:
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Jesus has indicating through Matthew 24:15 that He has fulfilled this prophecy in Daniel and has unsealed the vision. I'm going to demonstrate how He has done this.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
In Jesus' final sermon on the Mount of Olives He refers to the "abomination of desolation"

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

There were 490 years from when the decree to rebuild Jerusalem was issued from Artaxerxes in 457 BC to when Christ was crucified at age 33. This makes up 490 years or seven times seventy days.

In Biblical terms each day is a year:
Numbers 14:34: The Israelites will wander for 40 years in the wilderness, one year for every day spent by the spies in Canaan
Ezekiel 4:5-6: The prophet Ezekiel is commanded to lie on his left side for 390 days, followed by his right side for 40 days, to symbolize the equivalent number of years of punishment on Israel and Judah respectively.
Therefore, 490 days are 490 years!

By the martyrdom of Christ the sacrifice is accomplished and the temple of Christ's destroyed. He is to become the new object of adoration and worship, and the Jewish temple is to be destroyed. These seventy weeks begin with the restoration and the rebuilding of Jerusalem, concerning which four edicts were issued by three kings:

The first was issued by Cyrus in the year 536 B.C.; this is recorded in the first chapter of the Book of Ezra. The second edict, with reference to the rebuilding of Jerusalem, is that of Darius of Persia in the year 519 B.C.; this is recorded in the sixth chapter of Ezra. The third is that of Artaxerxes in the seventh year of his reign—that is, in 457 B.C.; this is recorded in the seventh chapter of Ezra. The fourth is that of Artaxerxes in the year 444 B.C.; this is recorded in the second chapter of Nehemiah.

But Daniel refers especially to the third edict which was issued in the year 457 B.C. Christ was 33 when He was martyred and ascended. When you add 33 to 457, the result is 490, which is the time announced by Daniel for the coming of Christ.

When Jesus on the Mount of Olives mentions the abomination of desolation in Daniel He is also indicating the fulfilment of prophecies in Daniel 9:24-27. Once this is understood then further insight can be appreciated by further analysis of these key verses.

Last edited:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
According to the prophets, every nation where there are Jewish people is superbly blessed
Jeremiah 29:18 I will pursue after them with the sword, with the famine, and with the pestilence, and will deliver them to be tossed back and forth among all the kingdoms of the earth, to be an object of horror, and an astonishment, and a hissing, and a reproach, among all the nations where I have driven them;
Proper interpretation of the scriptures have the Jewish people as still chosen.
Hosea 5:5-6 The pride of Israel testifies to his face. Therefore Israel and Ephraim will stumble in their iniquity. Judah also will stumble with them. (6) They will go with their flocks and with their herds to seek Yahweh; but they won’t find him. He has withdrawn himself from them.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Isaiah 43:28 Therefore I will profane the princes of the sanctuary; and I will make Jacob a curse, and Israel an insult.”

Isaiah 65:15 You will leave your name for a curse to my chosen; and the Lord Yahweh will kill you. He will call his servants by another name,

Zechariah 12:4 In that day,” says Yahweh, “I will strike every horse with terror, and his rider with madness; and I will open my eyes on the house of Judah, and will strike every horse of the peoples with blindness.

Hosea 5:15 I will go and return to my place, until they acknowledge their offense, and seek my face. In their affliction they will seek me earnestly.................................:soonarrow:

If you understood this last one is about them accepting, and repenting of murdering Yeshua, etc, then really not sure how you can put something so contrary to the prophets. :(

Etritonakin

Thank you for your careful consideration of the questions asked.

It is excellent that you have associated the abomination of desolation with the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple by the Romans.

You have explored some Old Testament verses, particular from Daniel and Zechariah are very relevant. Then you have speculated about numbers such as 1290.

At this point I would suggest that the most important verses are Daniel 9:24-27 and the most important number in regards to Jesus' fulfilment of prophecy is 490.

Numbers such as 1260, 1290, 1345, and 2300 are important and mentioned in the apocalyptic writings of Daniel and Revelations. However these refer to the return of Christ. We need to look at the number 490 which refers specifically to Jesus and see how this is fulfilled. We need to walk before we can run. If we are unable to see how 490 relates to Jesus, then the other numbers remain a mystery.

Here is the text:
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Jesus has indicating through Matthew 24:15 that He has fulfilled this prophecy in Daniel and has unsealed the vision. I'm going to demonstrate how He has done this.

To be clear, I was not saying the abomination spoken of by Daniel and Christ is anything that has already happened -though there are some historic parallels.
It is during (toward the end of) the reign of the last king of the north that the abomination is placed/set up -who is also in prophecy referred to as the king of fierce countenance, the Assyrian, the prince of Tyrus, the twig from the highest branch of the cedar, the beast -who has yet to have his 3 1/2 year ("official") reign. He will be broken in the holy land -be broken without hand -come to his end and none will help him.

I did not speculate about the 1,290 days. It is clearly written that the taking away of the daily (which has nothing to do with a physical temple) and the abomination are separated by 1,290 days.
With the new covenant, the daily is no longer physical sacrifices.
Those who do the daily in the end time are those who are now the priesthood/ministers of God, who also prophesy and preach the gospel of the kingdom before the end.
When the daily is taken away, their work ceases and they go to a place of safety during "great tribulation".

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Jeremiah 29:18 I will pursue after them with the sword, with the famine, and with the pestilence, and will deliver them to be tossed back and forth among all the kingdoms of the earth, to be an object of horror, and an astonishment, and a hissing, and a reproach, among all the nations where I have driven them;

Hosea 5:5-6 The pride of Israel testifies to his face. Therefore Israel and Ephraim will stumble in their iniquity. Judah also will stumble with them. (6) They will go with their flocks and with their herds to seek Yahweh; but they won’t find him. He has withdrawn himself from them.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Isaiah 43:28 Therefore I will profane the princes of the sanctuary; and I will make Jacob a curse, and Israel an insult.”

Isaiah 65:15 You will leave your name for a curse to my chosen; and the Lord Yahweh will kill you. He will call his servants by another name,

Zechariah 12:4 In that day,” says Yahweh, “I will strike every horse with terror, and his rider with madness; and I will open my eyes on the house of Judah, and will strike every horse of the peoples with blindness.

Hosea 5:15 I will go and return to my place, until they acknowledge their offense, and seek my face. In their affliction they will seek me earnestly.................................:soonarrow:

If you understood this last one is about them accepting, and repenting of murdering Yeshua, etc, then really not sure how you can put something so contrary to the prophets. :(

Thanks for quoting the scriptures. However, go to any single verse you've quoted, then keep reading. You will find restoration and praise for Israel will follow after God's chastisement/correction.

The chastisement/correction/blessing cycle is in the NT also, including the gospels.

Every Christian cult, JWs, Mormons, etc. have God angry at and displeased with and REPLACING Israel.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
To be clear, I was not saying the abomination spoken of by Daniel and Christ is anything that has already happened -though there are some historic parallels.
It is during (toward the end of) the reign of the last king of the north that the abomination is placed/set up -who is also in prophecy referred to as the king of fierce countenance, the Assyrian, the prince of Tyrus, the twig from the highest branch of the cedar, the beast -who has yet to have his 3 1/2 year ("official") reign. He will be broken in the holy land -be broken without hand -come to his end and none will help him.

I did not speculate about the 1,290 days. It is clearly written that the taking away of the daily (which has nothing to do with a physical temple) and the abomination are separated by 1,290 days.
With the new covenant, the daily is no longer physical sacrifices.
Those who do the daily in the end time are those who are now the priesthood/ministers of God, who also prophesy and preach the gospel of the kingdom before the end.
When the daily is taken away, their work ceases and they go to a place of safety during "great tribulation".

The "daily" is "daily offerings" in the Third Temple.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

The holy place in the year 70 was Jerusalem's temple, so the ' abomination of desolation ' was the Roman armies.
In the year 66 the Christians fled to the mountains (Pella) -Luke 21:20-21 - so they had already left the city.
In 70 God used the Roman armies to cause desolation by destroying Jerusalem and its center-of-worship temple.
So, that would be the ' minor ' fulfillment of Matthew 24 and Luke 21.
The ' MAJOR ' fulfillment lies ahead of us at the great tribulation time of Revelation 7:14
With backing the United Nations can be strengthened to become God's 'long-arm of the Law' to carry out His justice against the fake 'weed/tares' Christians (Matthew 7:21-23), and against the figurative haughty ' goats ' of Matthew 25:31-33

So, to me what it all means is: that we are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth of Matthew 25:31-33,37 when Jesus, as Shepherd, will separate humble ' sheep'-like ones so that they can remain alive on Earth right into the start of calender Day One of Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth in righteousness.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
You will find restoration and praise for Israel will follow after God's chastisement/correction.
The remnant you are referring to, are after the Tribulation; they're the ones who have accepted Yeshua.

What we're seeing currently with them taking back Israel by force, and a deal made with Babylon the Great, will soon end with sorrow. :innocent:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for your response. It can be hard to understand each other.

How do you account for Daniel 11:31 that refers to a specific event, setting up the altar to the pagan god Zeus Olympius, set up by Antiochus Epiphanes in 168 B.C? Do you think the phrase abomination of desolation could refer to different events or even processes?

Is this who you are referring to?
Who is the Prince of Tyre?

So what is meant by 1290 days in biblical terms.

I hope you are OK about me asking questions. I like to have clarity about these matters. It is an area of much confusion and I do not believe it needs to be at all.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What we're seeing currently with them taking back Israel by force, and a deal made with Babylon the Great, will soon end with sorrow. :innocent:

Jesus and his 1st-century followers were and remained neutral in the political affairs of the world.
They did Not even get involved in the ' issues of the day' between the Jews verses the Romans.

Since Pentecost the " Israel of God " is No longer fleshly Israel - Matthew 23:38- but spiritual - Romans 2:28-29
"Jerusalem above" ( seat of government ) is now mother - Galatians 4:26

Last edited:

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for contributing to this topic
The holy place in the year 70 was Jerusalem's temple, so the ' abomination of desolation ' was the Roman armies.
In the year 66 the Christians fled to the mountains (Pella) -Luke 21:20-21 - so they had already left the city.
In 70 God used the Roman armies to cause desolation by destroying Jerusalem and its center-of-worship temple.
So, that would be the ' minor ' fulfillment of Matthew 24 and Luke 21.
This is all very important history that relates to what Jesus is talking about. Do you think he is referring specifically to Daniel 9:24-27 when the author mentions the book of Daniel or is there some other verse?

The ' MAJOR ' fulfillment lies ahead of us at the great tribulation time of Revelation 7:14
The great tribulation in the book of revelation is no doubt related to an abomination of desolation too. I was hoping that in better understanding the connection between Matthew 24:15-16 and Daniel 9:24-27 this would greatly assist us to better understand other apocalyptic verses such as the ones you mention in the book of revelation.

With backing the United Nations can be strengthened to become God's 'long-arm of the Law' to carry out His justice against the fake 'weed/tares' Christians (Matthew 7:21-23), and against the figurative haughty ' goats ' of Matthew 25:31-33
I really like this. I am very positive about the United Nations despite its shortcomings. It is also important to acknowledge that Christianity has fallen far from the Heavenly Teachings of our Lord Jesus .

So, to me what it all means is: that we are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth of Matthew 25:31-33,37 when Jesus, as Shepherd, will separate humble ' sheep'-like ones so that they can remain alive on Earth right into the start of calender Day One of Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth in righteousness.
This sounds a little like the rapture and millennial kingdom? Was that what you had in mind? Once again by understanding how the Daniel verses relates to the Mathew verses we will have a much better understanding of such concepts IMHO.

I hope you don't mind the questions to encourage your continued thoughtful engagement in this thread.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Jesus and his 1st-century followers were and remained neutral in the political affairs of the world.
They did Not even get involved in the ' issues of the day' between the Jews verses the Romans.
All wrong......
Jesus and his disciples were committed to justice for the working people, and against the greedy, careless hypocrisy of the priesthood; and his demonstration within and picketing of the Temple Courts was to show what he thought about Roman manipulation (and 'cut') from the Temple exchange fees.

..so both you and Paul got that badly wrong.

Etritonakin

The "daily" is "daily offerings" in the Third Temple.
The daily has been what the priesthood has done throughout history.
Now it does not involve sacrifice -and a physical temple is no longer necessary.
Will explain in more detail later.

How do you account for Daniel 11:31 that refers to a specific event, setting up the altar to the pagan god Zeus Olympius, set up by Antiochus Epiphanes in 168 B.C?

I'll try to address these later -but for now... Why would Christ have prophesied about it as a future event if it referred to something before he was even born?

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member

It refers to the prophecy of Daniel. Chapter 11, and specifically Verse 45, where the King of the North sets up his "Royal Tabernacle" between Jerusalem and the sea, the Holy land of ancient Israel. It was set up in the 1947 to 1949 period by the victors of WWII and their post war creation, the United Nations, through which they intended to establish a new world order to rule the planet and all its peoples. It is here that the King of the North, will "run out of time"'.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Thank you for contributing to this topic
This is all very important history that relates to what Jesus is talking about. Do you think he is referring specifically to Daniel 9:24-27 when the author mentions the book of Daniel or is there some other verse?
The great tribulation in the book of revelation is no doubt related to an abomination of desolation too. I was hoping that in better understanding the connection between Matthew 24:15-16 and Daniel 9:24-27 this would greatly assist us to better understand other apocalyptic verses such as the ones you mention in the book of revelation.
I really like this. I am very positive about the United Nations despite its shortcomings. It is also important to acknowledge that Christianity has fallen far from the Heavenly Teachings of our Lord Jesus .
This sounds a little like the rapture and millennial kingdom? Was that what you had in mind? Once again by understanding how the Daniel verses relates to the Matthew verses we will have a much better understanding of such concepts IMHO.
I hope you don't mind the questions to encourage your continued thoughtful engagement in this thread.

...and thank you for your thoughtful reply. I'll try to make a logical response:

As far as Daniel 9:24-27 that is about the expected appearance of Messiah.
That is why the first-century people were in ' expectation ' of Messiah's arrival at that time - please see Luke 3:15
So, we would be talking about ' weeks of years ' leading up to, or ending up, at the 1st-century time frame.
At Daniel 9:26 we would Not be talking about the time frame of Matthew 24 and Luke 21 but about Messiah being cut off in death in order to save us from eternal extinction. Jesus' faithful death gives us the Resurrection Hope.
So, five centuries in advance, the Bible gives us the year of Jesus appearing as Messiah ( our Savior )
There would be 7 plus 62 weeks of years. In other words: 483 years.
483 years would mean from that starting point.
That beginning or starting point was when Nehemiah arrived in Jerusalem and began to re-build that city.
( Persian history establishes that re-building pivotal date as 455 BC or BCE ( before our common era )
- Nehemiah 2:1-5, 7-8, so Jesus was baptized as Messiah 483 years after that starting date of 455.

It does Not seem to me about the coined word ' rapture ' because ' flesh ' (physical) can Not inherit the kingdom according to 1 Corinthians 15:50. Those called to heaven have a first or earlier: resurrection - Revelation 20:6
That would be a resurrection from the dead, while the living ' sheep ' are alive on Earth at Jesus' glory time of Matthew 25:31-33,37 and they can remain alive on Earth - Proverbs 2:21-22; Psalms 92:7
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16

As it was a political connection at Matthew 24:15-16, and as it was a political connection when ancient Babylon was invaded by Cyrus, but Not a political connection at Daniel 9:24-27. - Try Daniel 4:10-11,14,16, 26.
Also, Daniel 7:1-7; Daniel 8:3-8; Daniel 8:20-25 corresponds to Revelation 13.
Perhaps you have some thoughts about Daniel 2:35; Daniel 2:44 because there there is a political connection.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
All wrong......
Jesus and his disciples were committed to justice for the working people, and against the greedy, careless hypocrisy of the priesthood; and his demonstration within and picketing of the Temple Courts was to show what he thought about Roman manipulation (and 'cut') from the Temple exchange fees.
..so both you and Paul got that badly wrong.

I think my comment was in connection to the ' affairs ' of the world, and Not temple affairs.
At both the beginning and at the end of Jesus' ministry Jesus used his ' zeal ' for worship by clearing out the money-changers in the temple. - John 2:15-17; Psalms 69:9; Matthew 21:12-13 - that was Not political affairs.
If there was Roman manipulation from that corrupted temple arrangement, that was a religious fault.
Jesus and his followers always remained ' neutral ' to worldly affairs.
Even when the people wanted political office (king) for Jesus, Jesus ran away - John 6:15

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks again for your response

As far as Daniel 9:24-27 that is about the expected appearance of Messiah.
That is why the first-century people were in ' expectation ' of Messiah's arrival at that time - please see Luke 3:15
So, we would be talking about ' weeks of years ' leading up to, or ending up, at the 1st-century time frame.
At Daniel 9:26 we would Not be talking about the time frame of Matthew 24 and Luke 21 but about Messiah being cut off in death in order to save us from eternal extinction. Jesus' faithful death gives us the Resurrection Hope.
So, five centuries in advance, the Bible gives us the year of Jesus appearing as Messiah ( our Savior )

These are verses that clearly can generate diverse opinions. Please see my post #84 as to how Jesus is about to fulfil prophecies in Daniel.

There is 490 years from Artaxerxes decree to rebuild Jerusalem in 457 B.C to the crucifixion of Christ during approx. 33 AD. This decree unlike the previous two decree were the ones acted upon. The decree in 455 B.C. was to build the wall so I don't think that is the one and besides the numbers don't fit!

The two key events in the after Jesus' sermon mention in Daniel 9:24-27 are Jesus crucifixion and the last supper where the New Covenant is symbolised with bread and wine.

The breakdown of the 490 into 49, 434, and 7 further clarify this:
49 being the year to rebuild Jerusalem, 434 year, and then the final 7 (symbolising completeness) where a Covenant is made and the anointed one is cut off.

I'm happy to share my thoughts on some of the other verses you mention at a later stage. I prefer to avoid focusing on too many things at once.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
It refers to the prophecy of Daniel. Chapter 11, and specifically Verse 45, where the King of the North sets up his "Royal Tabernacle" between Jerusalem and the sea, the Holy land of ancient Israel. It was set up in the 1947 to 1949 period by the victors of WWII and their post war creation, the United Nations, through which they intended to establish a new world order to rule the planet and all its peoples. It is here that the King of the North, will "run out of time"'.

Thank you for the post. I suggest you read my posts #83 and #84. These verses are notoriously difficult to understand. I feel that Matthew 24:15 refers to Daniel 9:24-27 and many bible scholars seem to agree. Its actually requires reading and rereading verses many times prayerfully to understand them and clearly see the connections.

In regards to Daniel 11:45 they seem to refer to events in the Middle east but do not wish to speculate further.

In regards to the United Nations, this resulted from atrocities during the first and second world wars. Do we really want to return to a state of affairs where one nation can readily invade another? Law and order is a necessity for any country and we need better Governance in world affairs, not no governance.

It might be useful to consider verses in Isaiah such as Isaiah 2:1-6, Isaiah 9:6-7, and Isaiah 11:1-9 that relate to peace in the world and between nations.

Thank you again for your thoughts.