• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ablation procedure set

Viker

Häxan
Over the past couple of years I have had SVTs, accelerated heart beats caused by a neural short circuit in the heart. It's not completely life threatening for the most part. One could faint and hit their head on something. Or faint at the wheel while driving. It is debilitating and occasionally interferes in life. I've been on a beta-blocker for a while. Beta-blockers lose effectiveness over time. So, I have chosen an outpatient procedure called ablation. They will run a catheter into my heart, stimulate the nerves, find the culprit and cauterize the little offender. Boom. No more SVTs. There is less than one percent chance of something going wrong, like a stroke. I think it worth the risk.

IMG_20220616_003523219.jpg

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
don't you need a pacemaker after that procedure??

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Over the past couple of years I have had SVTs, accelerated heart beats caused by a neural short circuit in the heart. It's not completely life threatening for the most part. One could faint and hit their head on something. Or faint at the wheel while driving. It is debilitating and occasionally interferes in life. I've been on a beta-blocker for a while. Beta-blockers lose effectiveness over time. So, I have chosen an outpatient procedure called ablation. They will run a catheter into my heart, stimulate the nerves, find the culprit and cauterize the little offender. Boom. No more SVTs. There is less than one percent chance of something going wrong, like a stroke. I think it worth the risk.

View attachment 63738

Good luck.

I had a polyps removed from my nasal passage. The doctor said there was a 1 in a 100 chance of complications.

"What sort of complications" i asked

His reply "such as brain damage."

He was not amused when i asked him how many such procedures he'd done.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

View attachment 63738
Good luck. Of course, all procedures carry a risk, as long as you are well-informed before making that choice, that is all we can do.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I hope this procedure solves your problem and you come out healed!

Brian2

Veteran Member

View attachment 63738

All the best.
It's amazing that it is an outpatient procedure these days.