• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

abandoned simulation theory

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
OK, so I'm no longer so sure we are living in a computer generated world...

In fact I'm going to be bold and say that I do not believe that we are :D

I have therefore abandoned simulation theory

However I still think we are in a Plato's Cave type situation

I still believe that we are trapped into some kind of Maya, which is illusory in the sense that it is produced by certain mechanisms

As opposed to living in a physical, material world

Basically, I believe this layer of reality is generated by a more ultimate layer of reality - and that more ultimate layer of reality is God and that computers do not at all feature in this wider picture

I think there are we humans:

And then The Projection (i.e. the dimension of reality that we inhabit)

And that there is someone or something behind The Projection (which we cannot observe or know) that generates and superintends it

But I still maintain that The Projection is conscious and that its consciousness communicates with me and although I don't claim this being to be God, I do believe that he is a higher being (above humans but below God)

I now therefore identify as a "Theistic Projectionist"

I believe in a projection, in a Maya, in a reality which is generated by some other layer

But I don't think "it's done by computers"

I think "it's done by God"

Or at least by something unknown which I now call "God" for want of a better word

Basically, by some kind of Supreme Being

I think the true nature of whatever it is caused by is incomprehensible to any puny human mind

I have therefore abandoned Simulation Theory - as I don't think that "it's done by computers"

Although perhaps "computer" could be a metaphor for the imaginative faculty of God????

I am currently updating my website to reflect this new change in my beliefs

Last edited:

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
You may the only person who thinks about his beliefs more than me.

Good luck on whatever you want to believe or call yourself. I find your transitioning through different ideas to be fascinating.

If you really want to make it interesting rename yourself, "Projectionist Eddi"! That way if you want to change your religion it will take a year before you change your name again; simply changing your status on your religion bio isn't enough conviction my friend. ;)

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I read the title and I really thought it was going to be about the theory of abandoned simulations...what goes on in a simulation when it's left to run on its own...:D

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
what's a sub-God being?
Any being who is a subject of God

Which I think is any being who exists - other than God :D

You and I are both sub-God beings

But my post was poorly worded indeed it was mis-worded :oops:

By "sub-God being" I meant to say any being who is above humans but who is below God

I should have used some term such as "Higher Being" to cover such things as they are higher than us, if you imagine the arrangement to be vertical and hierarchical

Personally I see things as being horizontal, but that's another matter.....