• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aatma Gyan and Brahmagyan

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Aatma Gyan (knowledge of self or Aatman) and Brahmagyan (knowledge of brahman)
I believe both are same. When the knowledge of Aatman is attained the knowledge of Brahman is reaveled. What are your views are they both same. :D

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I agree, as it is the same thing. Some people distinguish atman from Self, in that atman is the soul or soul body, and Self is the permanent essence of that.

Amrut

Aum - Advaita
Aatma Gyan (knowledge of self or Aatman) and Brahmagyan (knowledge of brahman)
I believe both are same. When the knowledge of Aatman is attained the knowledge of Brahman is reaveled. What are your views are they both same. :D

Namaste :namaste,

Both are same. 4 mahavakyas same that both are same.

When a drop merges into ocean, it does not remain a drop. Ocean is not a collection of drops. If you stack sphere one above other, there remains a gap, void. Ocean is continuous. Drop does not remain drop. It becomes ocean.

Similarly when pot is broken, then the air inside pot mixes with air outside pot. Air does not retains shape of earlier container i.e. pot. The separator i.e. pot is no more and hence there i no one to classify two types of air - air inside pot and air outside pot.

Reading other Gita will also show the same.

Aum :eek:m: