• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Job interview

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
So I got a call today from one the daycares i applied to. It's a christian daycare.

They want to interview me today in less then an hour and 45 minutes from now. I never had an interview before im panicking. Anyone got advice?

If this don't go well well another daycare also got in touch and want to do a criminal background check so at least I know one other place is considering me

Shaul

Premium Member
Relax. Pause before answering a question. Remember, they would be blessed with they offered you the job. Just be patient with them because they don’t know that yet.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Carry a towel, &....
R.9e40e8e43574b6691727be7ab4bdcc3e

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
They want to interview me today in less then an hour and 45 minutes from now. I never had an interview before im panicking. Anyone got advice?

Yes: I know this might not be the most immediately calming thing to read, but an interview is a positive outcome no matter which way it goes. If you get the job, that's good. If you don't, you will have one more interview under your belt for your next job application than you did last time. Since you managed to reach this point once, you can and will reach it again even if you don't pass this interview for any reason.

To the best of your ability, try not to panic and instead focus on being professional and ready during the interview. Also, keep in mind that acceptance or rejection for a particular job doesn't always depend solely on the outcome of the interview: there could be many factors, including backstage ones, affecting hiring decisions even after candidates have been interviewed.

Good luck! I hope things go well for you. Keep us updated if you can.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know much but make sure your handshake is firm. That's always important.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I echo others - do your best to relax - breath calmly. Be honest and positive. I once got a job in part because I said "I don't know" in answer to a question but continued with "but this is how I'll find the answer".

Also, if this does not work out then practice, practice and practice interviewing some more.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So I got a call today from one the daycares i applied to. It's a christian daycare.

If this don't go well well another daycare also got in touch and want to do a criminal background check so at least I know one other place is considering me

Try not to worry, be calm, be yourself, be truthful and carefully consider each question before answering. Best of luck.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

That's excellent. At the very least, every interview is a chance to hone your skills.

PS: perhaps you should leave your Pagan Witch cloak at home.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Welp that was some bull. I got there they said on the phone they had an interview. But they cancelled