• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A World Saviour or Cleanser?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
People love to write what they want to hear; thus many people claim some saviour is going to come, and fix everything for them... The problem with this is the texts don't state this; instead they all same virtually the same:
  • Zoroastrian Saoshyant - 'bringer of truth', comes to remove those who don't follow Asha already, by washing the world with fire.

• The Jewish Messiah comes to cleanse the earth with fire, before a New Earth, and removes those who don't follow already.

• Christ in the New Testament brings the fire, to remove those who don't follow already.

• The Hindu Kali removed the demons from this realm with fire, who don't follow the Dharma already.

• The Taoist Li Hong comes at the time of destruction, to keep those who follow Taoist values already.

• The Buddhist Maitreya also comes at a time of destruction, to keep those who follow the Dharma already.
Hope we've got the point, if we're not already following the text properly as one, we're going to be removed with fire soon; not be given anything, when we've already proven we're hypocrites, and unbelievers by our own standards.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

wizanda

Premium Member
hypocrites
So what is the hypocrisy? That there is only one God (CPU), one Dharma/Tao/Righteousness/Way, and thus the 'world saviour' is the same being from different perspectives.
unbelievers
When we deny that other religions are teaching the same, that when we say they teach a different God; we're basically saying there are two gods, two realities, not one sacred Way, and thus we don't really believe truly in what the one religious texts told us in the first place.

Sorry for the soapbox mentality in the post; it is just reading the text for myself, rather than listening to the religious traditions, and it is shocking how similar they are in many ways, and how much some of the religious people see them as alien to each other....

Feel lied to by the world; as we've been taught we're so divided, when it all stems from the same.

In my opinion
. :innocent:

socharlie

So what is the hypocrisy? That there is only one God (CPU), one Dharma/Tao/Righteousness/Way, and thus the 'world saviour' is the same being from different perspectives.

When we deny that other religions are teaching the same, that when we say they teach a different God; we're basically saying there are two gods, two realities, not one sacred Way, and thus we don't really believe truly in what the one religious texts told us in the first place.

Sorry for the soapbox mentality in the post; it is just reading the text for myself, rather than listening to the religious traditions, and it is shocking how similar they are in many ways, and how much some of the religious people see them as alien to each other....

Feel lied to by the world; as we've been taught we're so divided, when it all stems from the same.

In my opinion
. :innocent:
is fire a form of purification? cleansing? catharsis?

pearl

is fire a form of purification? cleansing? catharsis?

According to Isaiah, "Then one of the seraphm flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs. He touched my mouth with it and said, "Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven."

wizanda

Premium Member
is fire a form of purification? cleansing?
The different religious text describe the same thing slightly differently...

Basically it is described as the breath or holy fire emanating from God; where the mountains, and everything dissolves because of it...

Then as we go through it, some it will refine like gold, where as that which is wicked is burned by it.

The other metaphor is that of a harvest, where the tares are bundled to be burned away; with the good crops being left after.

Kalki & Yeshua in both texts ride on a white horse, and fire proceeds from their mouth to burn the Adharmic/Sinful behavior.; they both have an ultimate removal of the age of ungodliness (mother of all harlots)/Kali Yuga in one motion by fire, this shall happen in a day the Bible says.

In my opinion. :innocent:

socharlie

The different religious text describe the same thing slightly differently...

Basically it is described as the breath or holy fire emanating from God; where the mountains, and everything dissolves because of it...

Then as we go through it, some it will refine like gold, where as that which is wicked is burned by it.

The other metaphor is that of a harvest, where the tares are bundled to be burned away; with the good crops being left after.

Kalki & Yeshua in both texts ride on a white horse, and fire proceeds from their mouth to burn the Adharmic/Sinful behavior.; they both have an ultimate removal of the age of ungodliness (mother of all harlots)/Kali Yuga in one motion by fire, this shall happen in a day the Bible says.

In my opinion. :innocent:
interesting:
"10According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it. 11For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work. 14If any man’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. 15If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." 1 Cor 3

wizanda

Premium Member
interesting:
It is interesting that tho I disagree with Paul, and Simon both of them also quote the eschatology the same.

2 Peter 3:12-13 looking for and earnestly desiring the coming of the day of God, which will cause the burning heavens to be dissolved, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? (13) But, according to his promise, we look for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

In my opinion.

socharlie

It is interesting that tho I disagree with Paul, and Simon both of them also quote the eschatology the same.

2 Peter 3:12-13 looking for and earnestly desiring the coming of the day of God, which will cause the burning heavens to be dissolved, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? (13) But, according to his promise, we look for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

In my opinion.
two baptisms mentioned : by water and by fire.

ronandcarol

Premium Member
A World Saviour or Cleanser?
  • The Jewish Messiah comes to cleanse the earth with fire, before a New Earth, and removes those who don't follow already.
  • Christ in the New Testament brings the fire, to remove those who don't follow already.

I am not familiar with those others but the Jewish Messiah and Jesus Christ are both in the book that I read. And yes it does talk of fire and hell and damnation and all of those things. But you haven't read the rest of the story. You see, right now during this short blip of time that we are on this earth WE have an opportunity to chose which team we want to be on. When you read the last book of the Bible you will see that Jesus will come again to take all of God's children to live with them in eternity. (first there is a 1,000 year time when Jesus will rule on this earth, but we are getting into another story). Lets get back to the fire you are talking about. Let me ask you a simple question, If you knew right now that you have a choice of two different destinations after you die, and you are free to make that choice, it's totally up to you. One choice would be to spend eternity in Paradise with Jesus , just like back in the 'perfect'world' of the Garden of Eden, where God walked with Adam daily, talking with him. Perfect in the sense that there is no more sickness, death, anger, hate school shootings, the list could go on forever. We would have bodies of perfect health, we would all live in perfect harmony. 2nd choice would be to spend eternity away from God in darkness and fire where the worms never die, yes in hell and darkness forever.
I think that anyone with a sound mind would chose option one! But in selecting option 1 we have to give our hearts to Jesus in this life. He wants us now not after we leave this earth. You can't make you selection after you die, and the sooner you make it in this life the more rewarding this life will be! In closing I want to give you an acronym that help you immensely, Basic Information Before Leaving Earth =BIBLE
ronandcarol