• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Word About the Nephilim

Ben Avraham

I think that some certain people should get busy changing טוֹב at Genesis 6:2 to pleasant. Perhaps even easy-going.

Young's Literal Translation
and sons of God see the daughters of men that they are fair, and they take to themselves women of all whom they have chosen.
Webster's Bible Translation
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all whom they chose.
Douay-Rheims Bible
The sons of God seeing the daughters of men, that they were fair, took themselves wives of all which they chose.
American King James Version
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
JPS Tanakh 1917
that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives, whomsoever they chose.

Oh dear, did the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses make a MISTAKE? Heaven forbid!

See what I mean? The "sons of God" as a reference to Exodus 4:22,23, "Israel is My son..." It means that the whole people of Israel as sons of God. So, they saw the women from among the Gentiles and got involved with "Hitbolelut"
by taking them for themselves. Oh, hitbolelut is the same as mixmarrying among themselves. By the way, not few Jewish men prefer shicksas aka Gentile women.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How can you describe the Israelites in the desert to be like this above? We had a powerful army fighting our way through the desert. Read about the Amalechites. We fought them and we beat the hell out of them. Besides, how could
we enter Canaan and defeat even powerful armies fighting us together? We warred five nations at the same time and spread the fear of us throughout.
:D Um, While some people want for the bare necessities of life by no fault of their own, OTHER people dwell without worry. I posted the picture for contrasting the women who were called, "beautiful" but which I am sure didn't mean what they looked like on the outside (like the Bible seems to teach and some people believe), but probably imo, means their carefree outlook. Are the people in the photo carefree ie beautiful, do you think?

The sons of God saw the women of men that their outlook was carefree. BUT, as the account goes, there was mega trouble on the Earth at that time.
They had no reason to be "beautiful" (carefree) was my point.

They could be taken over because they were clueless. Beware of cluelessness is the lesson, I think. The lesson ISN'T beware of beauty, or the aliens might take you.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
See what I mean? The "sons of God" as a reference to Exodus 4:22,23, "Israel is My son..." It means that the whole people of Israel as sons of God. So, they saw the women from among the Gentiles and got involved with "Hitbolelut"
by taking them for themselves. Oh, hitbolelut is the same as mixmarrying among themselves. By the way, not few Jewish men prefer shicksas aka Gentile women.
There was no Israel during the account of Noah's day and no law.

Ben Avraham

Why not? Do you doubt that powerful creatures from outside of earthly creation can control and alter molecular structure? Do you know enough about these creations of God to make that judgment?

If Genesis 6 speaks about the "sons of God" noticing the beautiful daughters of men and taking all whom they chose as wives, and produced children...how is this any different to what mankind had always done? Marriage and child bearing was certainly nothing new or extraordinary.

But if these "sons of God" were actually angels who could materialize fully functioning human bodies, why doubt that the children born to them were freakishly large and extremely violent in their disposition? They were called "men of fame" and the wickedness in the earth accelerated to an unacceptable degree due to their influence in the world at that time.

Why would God bring something as drastic as a global deluge to deal with these ones and their errant fathers, if this was just an issue with foreign wives and children? The fact is, these Nephilim were not sons of Adam...they were hybrid creatures who had no right to exist. God made sure that not a single one of them survived and that their fathers were forced back to the spirit realm because there was nowhere else for them to go. The flood did not set mankind free from sin but it did 'reset' the human race and take them back to a new beginning.

Greek mythology is obviously based on the existence of these creatures...licentious and violent gods and demi-gods. It was borrowed from the Babylonian legends carried all over the world by the post flood residents who were forced to disperse when God confused their language. (Genesis 11:1-9)

As personalities, angels obviously have the power to communicate with one another and with God; they also have the ability to speak various languages of men, (Numbers 22:32-35; Daniel 4:23), and the thinking ability with which to glorify and praise God (Psalm 148:2).

It is true that angels are sexless, because God did not give them pro-creative abilities, but these rebels may well have envied the pleasures of the flesh as something they desired for themselves. They made the decision to take on flesh and blood and indulge themselves.

They have life and abilities...but just not the sort that we material beings can comprehend.

Like humankind, angels too are free moral agents, with the power of personal choice between right and wrong.

The Nephilim were not the ordinary offspring of men, as you will recall, those Israelites who made marriage alliances with those who were not believers in Babylon....what happened?

Ezra 10:1-4:
"While ‘Ezra was praying and making confession, weeping and prostrated before the house of God, a huge crowd of Isra’el’s men, women and children gathered around him; and the people were weeping bitterly. 2 Sh’khanyah the son of Yechi’el, one of the descendants of ‘Eilam, spoke up and said to ‘Ezra, “We have acted treacherously toward our God by marrying foreign women from the peoples of the land. But in spite of this, there is still hope for Isra’el. 3 We should make a covenant with our God to send away all these wives, along with their children, in obedience to the advice of Adonai and of those who tremble at the mitzvah of our God; let us act in accordance with the Torah. 4 Stand up, and do your duty, for we are with you; take courage, and do it!” (CJB)

They were told to turn back to their God and put things right by sending their foreign wives and children away. How hard would that have been? But loyalty to God had to come before loyalty to any human.

Sorry Deeje if I can't agree with you. I do doubt every thing of the sort to be taken literally about the Nephilim. We have no other choice but go metaphorical with them. Either somehow Ezra had to add that fragment of Babylonian culture when he
returned from exile or the children of God according to Exodus 4:22,23 got massively involved with "hitbolelut" by mix-marrying with local Babylonian women and ended up by making extremely difficult for Ezra to organize the second Jewish
commonwealth. The Jewish New World Order aka the New Covenant had to be established and Ezra was about to run out of options. Too bad, so to speak but, the "daughters of men" had to go back whereas some of them with their Jewish husbands who could not agree with Ezra.

Ben Avraham

There was no Israel during the account of Noah's day and no law.

I can't believe you believe that this text was written at the time of Noah's days! This text was added by Ezra still in exile in Babylon just before he organized the Canon of the Tanach.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can't believe you believe that this text was written at the time of Noah's days! This text was added by Ezra still in exile in Babylon just before he organized the Canon of the Tanach.
I do not doubt it, but we all thought it was an oral account from the beginning. Did he make up EVERYTHING?

Did he make up MOSES?

......so Cain never killed his brother. That is good.

ukok102nak

Let's rationalize here. "HaShem appeared unto Abraham..." Abraham was a prophet and, according to Numbers 12:6, HaShem would reveal Himself to His prophets in a vision and would speak to them in a dream.
So, HaShem appeared to Abraham when he was slumbering by the terebinths of Mamre. Every thing is possible in a dream even for a cow to fly or for angels to eat meat with milk. I wonder if those angels later on
went to release themselves in a private place after they digested their food. For heaven's sake angels are spiritual emanations seen as men only in a dream.

~;> no your wrong
coz you thought it was hashem that always spoke in the vision and dreams
thats why
your words doesnt even fit to heaven

also
read this verses so that you may know the difference between a vision and dreams and illusion that came from your own thinkin only
so read now
as it is written
:read:
Exodus3
1 Now Moses was keeping the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the farthest end of the wilderness, and came to the mountain of G-d, unto Horeb.
2 And the angel of HaShem appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush; and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
3 And Moses said: 'I will turn aside now, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.'

now you know

by the way
ever our words doesnt fit to heaven
for it is only the word of god that could fit in there

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

Last edited:

rusra02

Premium Member
Yes, but according to pagan folkloric in Babylonian culture. And you imply that Moses himself wrote the book of Genesis! How, in the third person! I wonder what prevented him from writing in the first person.
No, according to Genesis chapter 6 these events occurred, confirmed by later Bible writers. I do not find it odd that these evil nephilim would be remembered in the myths of later nations, including Babylon, Greece, Rome, and the Aztecs.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Sorry Deeje if I can't agree with you. I do doubt every thing of the sort to be taken literally about the Nephilim. We have no other choice but go metaphorical with them.

Yes we do. The Nephilim were pre-flood inhabitants of the land who were wiped out along with every other breathing thing that was outside the ark. (Gen 7:21-23)
The name "Nephilim" literally means "fellers" or those who make others fall down.....these "men of fame" had a reputation among the populace for all the wrong reasons.

Either somehow Ezra had to add that fragment of Babylonian culture when he returned from exile or the children of God according to Exodus 4:22,23 got massively involved with "hitbolelut" by mix-marrying with local Babylonian women and ended up by making extremely difficult for Ezra to organize the second Jewish
commonwealth. The Jewish New World Order aka the New Covenant had to be established and Ezra was about to run out of options. Too bad, so to speak but, the "daughters of men" had to go back whereas some of them with their Jewish husbands who could not agree with Ezra.

Ezra tells us how that situation situation was dealt with....
Ezra 10:1-4:
"While ‘Ezra was praying and making confession, weeping and prostrated before the house of God, a huge crowd of Isra’el’s men, women and children gathered around him; and the people were weeping bitterly. 2 Sh’khanyah the son of Yechi’el, one of the descendants of ‘Eilam, spoke up and said to ‘Ezra, “We have acted treacherously toward our God by marrying foreign women from the peoples of the land. But in spite of this, there is still hope for Isra’el. 3 We should make a covenant with our God to send away all these wives, along with their children, in obedience to the advice of Adonai and of those who tremble at the mitzvah of our God; let us act in accordance with the Torah. 4 Stand up, and do your duty, for we are with you; take courage, and do it!” (CJB)

The Nephilim were dealt with much more dramatically for a reason.

Ben Avraham

Yes we do. The Nephilim were pre-flood inhabitants of the land who were wiped out along with every other breathing thing that was outside the ark. (Gen 7:21-23)
The name "Nephilim" literally means "fellers" or those who make others fall down.....these "men of fame" had a reputation among the populace for all the wrong reasons.

Ezra tells us how that situation situation was dealt with....Ezra 10:1-4: "While ‘Ezra was praying and making confession, weeping and prostrated before the house of God, a huge crowd of Isra’el’s men, women and children gathered around him; and the people were weeping bitterly. 2 Sh’khanyah the son of Yechi’el, one of the descendants of ‘Eilam, spoke up and said to ‘Ezra, “We have acted treacherously toward our God by marrying foreign women from the peoples of the land. But in spite of this, there is still hope for Isra’el. 3 We should make a covenant with our God to send away all these wives, along with their children, in obedience to the advice of Adonai and of those who tremble at the mitzvah of our God; let us act in accordance with the Torah. 4 Stand up, and do your duty, for we are with you; take courage, and do it!” (CJB)

The Nephilim were dealt with much more dramatically for a reason.

Yes, the Nephilim were pre-floos inhabitants of the land but the text in Genesis 6 was composed by Ezra to illustrate his struggle between the children of God aka
Israel, the Jews then who had mix-married with Gentiles women in Babylon. Hence, hitbolelut of the Jews with the daughters of man. This indeed was to act treacherously
with God's Word. You have written every thing above accordingly but, as I can see, you prefer to believe the text literally according to the Babylonian legend. That's
why a New Covenant was made to solve that problem. Then, they decided to act according with the Torah.

Ben Avraham

No, according to Genesis chapter 6 these events occurred, confirmed by later Bible writers. I do not find it odd that these evil nephilim would be remembered in the myths of later nations, including Babylon, Greece, Rome, and the Aztecs.

I do not doubt that this event occurred. Ezra has mentioned it in Genesis 6 but, he did it to describe his struggle with the Jews who had hitboleluted aka mix-marred in
Babylon with Gentile women aka "the daughters of man." The difference between the other nations and Israel is that they recorded their nephilim literally according to
the Babylonian legend. Ezra simply used them to illustrate his struggle to solve the issue of hitboletut of the children of God aka the Jews with the daughters of man
aka the Gentile women.

ukok102nak

~;> you should also read this first
as it is written
Ezra10
19 And they gave their hand that they would put away their wives; and being guilty, they offered a ram of the flock for their guilt.
20 And of the sons of Immer: Hanani and Zebadiah.
21 And of the sons of Harim: Maaseiah, and Elijah, and Shemaiah, and Jehiel, and Uzziah.
22 And of the sons of Pashhur: Elioenai, Maaseiah, Ishmael, Nethanel, Jozabad, and Elasah.
23 And of the Levites: Jozabad, and Shimei, and Kelaiah--the same is Kelita--Pethahiah, Judah, and Eliezer.
24 And of the singers: Eliashib; and of the porters: Shallum, and Telem, and Uri.
25 And of Israel: of the sons of Parosh: Ramiah, and Izziah, and Malchijah, and Mijamin, and Eleazar, and Malchijah, and Benaiah.
26 And of the sons of Elam: Mattaniah, Zechariah, and Jehiel, and Abdi, and Jeremoth, and Elijah.
27 And of the sons of Zattu: Elioenai, Eliashib, Mattaniah, and Jeremoth, and Zabad, and Aziza.
28 And of the sons of Bebai: Jehohanan, Hananiah, Zabbai, Athlai.
29 And of the sons of Bani: Meshullam, Malluch, and Adaiah, Jashub, and Sheal, and Ramoth.
30 And of the sons of Pahath-moab: Adna, and Chelal, Benaiah, Maaseiah, Mattaniah, Bezalel, and Binnui, and Manasseh.
31 And of the sons of Harim: Eliezer, Isshijah, Malchijah, Shemaiah, Shimeon;
32 Benjamin, Malluch, Shemariah.
33 Of the sons of Hashum: Mattenai, Mattattah, Zabad, Eliphelet, Jeremai, Manasseh, Shimei.
34 Of the sons of Bani: Maadai, Amram, and Uel;
35 Benaiah, Bedeiah, Cheluhu;
36 Vaniah, Meremoth, Eliashib;
37 Mattaniah, Mattenai, and Jaasai;
38 and Bani, and Binnui, Shimei;
39 Shelemiah, and Nathan, and Adaiah;
40 Machnadebai, Shashai, Sharai;
41 Azarel, and Shelemiah, Shemariah;
42 Shallum, Amariah, Joseph.
43 Of the sons of Nebo: Jeiel, Mattithiah, Zabad, Zebina, Jaddai, and Joel, Benaiah.
44 All these had taken foreign wives; and some of them had wives by whom they had children.

also this
so as it is written

Ezra8
1 Now these are the heads of their fathers' houses, and this is the genealogy of them that went up with me from Babylon, in the reign of Artaxerxes the king.
2 Of the sons of Phinehas, Gershom; of the sons of Ithamar, Daniel; of the sons of David, Hattush.
3 Of the sons of Shecaniah: of the sons of Parosh, Zechariah; and with him were reckoned by genealogy of the males a hundred and fifty.
4 Of the sons of Pahath-moab, Eliehoenai the son of Zerahiah; and with him two hundred males.
5 Of the sons of Shechaniah, the son of Jahaziel; and with him three hundred males.
6 And of the sons of Adin, Ebed the son of Jonathan; and with him fifty males.
7 And of the sons of Elam, Jeshaiah the son of Athaliah; and with him seventy males.
8 And of the sons of Shephatiah, Zebadiah the son of Michael; and with him fourscore males.
9 Of the sons of Joab, Obadiah the son of Jehiel; and with him two hundred and eighteen males.
10 And of the sons of Shelomith, the son of Josiphiah; and with him a hundred and threescore males.

and so as this
:read: (as it is written)
Nehemiah7
1 Now it came to pass, when the wall was built, and I had set up the doors, and the porters and the singers and the Levites were appointed,
2 that I gave my brother Hanani, and Hananiah the governor of the castle, charge over Jerusalem; for he was a faithful man, and feared G-d above many.
3 And I said unto them: 'Let not the gates of Jerusalem be opened until the sun be hot; and while they stand on guard, let them shut the doors, and bar ye them; and let watches be appointed of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, every one in his watch, and every one to be over against his house.'
4 Now the city was wide and large; but the people were few therein, and the houses were not builded.
5 And my G-d put into my heart to gather together the nobles, and the rulers, and the people, that they might be reckoned by genealogy. And I found the book of the genealogy of them that came up at the first, and I found written therein:
6 These are the children of the province, that went up out of the captivity of those that had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away, and that returned unto Jerusalem and to Judah, every one unto his city;
7 who came with Zerubbabel, Jeshua, Nehemiah, Azariah, Raamiah, Nahamani, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispereth, Bigvai, Nehum, Baanah. The number of the men of the people of Israel:
8 The children of Parosh, two thousand a hundred and seventy and two.
9 The children of Shephatiah, three hundred seventy and two.
10 The children of Arah, six hundred fifty and two.
11 The children of Pahath-moab, of the children of Jeshua and Joab, two thousand and eight hundred and eighteen.
12 The children of Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
13 The children of Zattu, eight hundred forty and five.
14 The children of Zaccai, seven hundred and threescore.
15 The children of Binnui, six hundred forty and eight.
16 The children of Bebai, six hundred twenty and eight.
17 The children of Azgad, two thousand three hundred twenty and two.
18 The children of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven.

BY THE WAY
so as it is written
Ezra2
1 Now these are the children of the province, that went up out of the captivity of those that had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away unto Babylon, and that returned unto Jerusalem and Judah, every one unto his city;
2 who came with Zerubbabel, Jeshua, Nehemiah, Seraiah, Reelaiah, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispar, Bigvai, Rehum, Baanah. The number of the men of the people of Israel:
3 The children of Parosh, two thousand a hundred seventy and two.
4 The children of Shephatiah, three hundred seventy and two.
5 The children of Arah, seven hundred seventy and five.
6 The children of Pahath-moab, of the children of Jeshua and Joab, two thousand eight hundred and twelve.
7 The children of Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
8 The children of Zattu, nine hundred forty and five.
9 The children of Zaccai, seven hundred and threescore.
10 The children of Bani, six hundred forty and two.
11 The children of Bebai, six hundred twenty and three.
12 The children of Azgad, a thousand two hundred twenty and two.
13 The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six.

now
whats is the difference between
the writtings in
Ezra2

FROM THIS WRITTINGS
Nehemiah7

. ... just askin
if we may say so ... .

godbless
unto all always

I do not doubt that this event occurred. Ezra has mentioned it in Genesis 6 but, he did it to describe his struggle with the Jews who had hitboleluted aka mix-marred in
Babylon with Gentile women aka "the daughters of man." The difference between the other nations and Israel is that they recorded their nephilim literally according to
the Babylonian legend. Ezra simply used them to illustrate his struggle to solve the issue of hitboletut of the children of God aka the Jews with the daughters of man
aka the Gentile women.

Last edited:

Ben Avraham

~;> you should also read this first
as it is written
Ezra10
19 And they gave their hand that they would put away their wives; and being guilty, they offered a ram of the flock for their guilt.
20 And of the sons of Immer: Hanani and Zebadiah.
21 And of the sons of Harim: Maaseiah, and Elijah, and Shemaiah, and Jehiel, and Uzziah.
22 And of the sons of Pashhur: Elioenai, Maaseiah, Ishmael, Nethanel, Jozabad, and Elasah.
23 And of the Levites: Jozabad, and Shimei, and Kelaiah--the same is Kelita--Pethahiah, Judah, and Eliezer.
24 And of the singers: Eliashib; and of the porters: Shallum, and Telem, and Uri.
25 And of Israel: of the sons of Parosh: Ramiah, and Izziah, and Malchijah, and Mijamin, and Eleazar, and Malchijah, and Benaiah.
26 And of the sons of Elam: Mattaniah, Zechariah, and Jehiel, and Abdi, and Jeremoth, and Elijah.
27 And of the sons of Zattu: Elioenai, Eliashib, Mattaniah, and Jeremoth, and Zabad, and Aziza.
28 And of the sons of Bebai: Jehohanan, Hananiah, Zabbai, Athlai.
29 And of the sons of Bani: Meshullam, Malluch, and Adaiah, Jashub, and Sheal, and Ramoth.
30 And of the sons of Pahath-moab: Adna, and Chelal, Benaiah, Maaseiah, Mattaniah, Bezalel, and Binnui, and Manasseh.
31 And of the sons of Harim: Eliezer, Isshijah, Malchijah, Shemaiah, Shimeon;
32 Benjamin, Malluch, Shemariah.
33 Of the sons of Hashum: Mattenai, Mattattah, Zabad, Eliphelet, Jeremai, Manasseh, Shimei.
34 Of the sons of Bani: Maadai, Amram, and Uel;
35 Benaiah, Bedeiah, Cheluhu;
36 Vaniah, Meremoth, Eliashib;
37 Mattaniah, Mattenai, and Jaasai;
38 and Bani, and Binnui, Shimei;
39 Shelemiah, and Nathan, and Adaiah;
40 Machnadebai, Shashai, Sharai;
41 Azarel, and Shelemiah, Shemariah;
42 Shallum, Amariah, Joseph.
43 Of the sons of Nebo: Jeiel, Mattithiah, Zabad, Zebina, Jaddai, and Joel, Benaiah.
44 All these had taken foreign wives; and some of them had wives by whom they had children.

also this
so as it is written

Ezra8
1 Now these are the heads of their fathers' houses, and this is the genealogy of them that went up with me from Babylon, in the reign of Artaxerxes the king.
2 Of the sons of Phinehas, Gershom; of the sons of Ithamar, Daniel; of the sons of David, Hattush.
3 Of the sons of Shecaniah: of the sons of Parosh, Zechariah; and with him were reckoned by genealogy of the males a hundred and fifty.
4 Of the sons of Pahath-moab, Eliehoenai the son of Zerahiah; and with him two hundred males.
5 Of the sons of Shechaniah, the son of Jahaziel; and with him three hundred males.
6 And of the sons of Adin, Ebed the son of Jonathan; and with him fifty males.
7 And of the sons of Elam, Jeshaiah the son of Athaliah; and with him seventy males.
8 And of the sons of Shephatiah, Zebadiah the son of Michael; and with him fourscore males.
9 Of the sons of Joab, Obadiah the son of Jehiel; and with him two hundred and eighteen males.
10 And of the sons of Shelomith, the son of Josiphiah; and with him a hundred and threescore males.

and so as this
:read: (as it is written)
Nehemiah7
1 Now it came to pass, when the wall was built, and I had set up the doors, and the porters and the singers and the Levites were appointed,
2 that I gave my brother Hanani, and Hananiah the governor of the castle, charge over Jerusalem; for he was a faithful man, and feared G-d above many.
3 And I said unto them: 'Let not the gates of Jerusalem be opened until the sun be hot; and while they stand on guard, let them shut the doors, and bar ye them; and let watches be appointed of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, every one in his watch, and every one to be over against his house.'
4 Now the city was wide and large; but the people were few therein, and the houses were not builded.
5 And my G-d put into my heart to gather together the nobles, and the rulers, and the people, that they might be reckoned by genealogy. And I found the book of the genealogy of them that came up at the first, and I found written therein:
6 These are the children of the province, that went up out of the captivity of those that had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away, and that returned unto Jerusalem and to Judah, every one unto his city;
7 who came with Zerubbabel, Jeshua, Nehemiah, Azariah, Raamiah, Nahamani, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispereth, Bigvai, Nehum, Baanah. The number of the men of the people of Israel:
8 The children of Parosh, two thousand a hundred and seventy and two.
9 The children of Shephatiah, three hundred seventy and two.
10 The children of Arah, six hundred fifty and two.
11 The children of Pahath-moab, of the children of Jeshua and Joab, two thousand and eight hundred and eighteen.
12 The children of Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
13 The children of Zattu, eight hundred forty and five.
14 The children of Zaccai, seven hundred and threescore.
15 The children of Binnui, six hundred forty and eight.
16 The children of Bebai, six hundred twenty and eight.
17 The children of Azgad, two thousand three hundred twenty and two.

BY THE WAY
so as it is written
Ezra2
1 Now these are the children of the province, that went up out of the captivity of those that had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away unto Babylon, and that returned unto Jerusalem and Judah, every one unto his city;
2 who came with Zerubbabel, Jeshua, Nehemiah, Seraiah, Reelaiah, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispar, Bigvai, Rehum, Baanah. The number of the men of the people of Israel:
3 The children of Parosh, two thousand a hundred seventy and two.
4 The children of Shephatiah, three hundred seventy and two.
5 The children of Arah, seven hundred seventy and five.
6 The children of Pahath-moab, of the children of Jeshua and Joab, two thousand eight hundred and twelve.
7 The children of Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
8 The children of Zattu, nine hundred forty and five.
9 The children of Zaccai, seven hundred and threescore.
10 The children of Bani, six hundred forty and two.
11 The children of Bebai, six hundred twenty and three.
12 The children of Azgad, a thousand two hundred twenty and two.

now
the writtings in
Ezra2

FROM THIS WRITTINGS
Nehemiah7

. ... just askin
if we may say so ... .

godbless
unto all always

Ben Avraham

That's how Ezra resolved the problem of ritbolelut aka mix-marriages of the children of God with the daughters of man, by persuading the husbands of wives who
refused to convert to Judaism aka the Faith of their husbands. When every thing was done, a long time later, a New Covenant was established to seal up the Jewish
New World Order and the Second Jewish Commonwealth was established.

ukok102nak

That's how Ezra resolved the problem of ritbolelut aka mix-marriages of the children of God with the daughters of man, by persuading the husbands of wives who
refused to convert to Judaism aka the Faith of their husbands. When every thing was done, a long time later, a New Covenant was established to seal up the Jewish
New World Order and the Second Jewish Commonwealth was established.

~;> thats your opinion
and
from our point of view
this verses tells a different story
as it is written
Ezra10
10 And Ezra the priest stood up, and said unto them: 'Ye have broken faith, and have married foreign women, to increase the guilt of Israel.
11 Now therefore make confession unto HaShem, the G-d of your fathers, and do His pleasure; and separate yourselves from the peoples of the land, and from the foreign women.'
12 Then all the congregation answered and said with a loud voice: 'As thou hast said, so it is for us to do.
13 But the people are many, and it is a time of much rain, and we are not able to stand without, neither is this a work of one day or two; for we have greatly transgressed in this matter.
14 Let now our princes of all the congregation stand, and let all them that are in our cities that have married foreign women come at appointed times, and with them the elders of every city, and the judges thereof, until the fierce wrath of our G-d be turned from us, as touching this matter.'
15 Only Jonathan the son of Asahel and Jahzeiah the son of Tikvah stood up against this matter; and Meshullam and Shabbethai the Levite helped them.
16 And the children of the captivity did so. And Ezra the priest, with certain heads of fathers' houses, after their fathers' houses, and all of them by their names, were separated; and they sat down in the first day of the tenth month to examine the matter.
17 And they were finished with all the men that had married foreign women by the first day of the first month.
18 And among the sons of the priests there were found that had married foreign women, namely: of the sons of Jeshua, the son of Jozadak, and his brethren, Maaseiah, and Eliezer, and Jarib, and Gedaliah.

very different from this story
so as it is written

Genesis6
4 The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of G-d came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.
5 And HaShem saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented HaShem that He had made man on the earth, and it grieved Him at His heart.
7 And HaShem said: 'I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and creeping thing, and fowl of the air; for it repenteth Me that I have made them.'
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of HaShem.

by the way
your not answering our
question
the writtings in
Ezra2

FROM THIS WRITTINGS
Nehemiah7

. ... just askin again
if we may say so ... .

godbless
unto all always

Last edited:

rusra02

Premium Member
aka the Gentile women.
Your interpretation simply doesn't fit the historical facts. These Nephilim existed prior to the global Deluge.

Ben Avraham

Your interpretation simply doesn't fit the historical facts. These Nephilim existed prior to the global Deluge.

If they did, it was according to the Babylonian legend. I have already explained to you the reason why Ezra used of that legend to describe the reality he had to face in order to solve
the problem with hitbolelut. This can't work for you because you can't think without the effects that Christian preconceived notions exert on you. You have all the right in the world to use your interpretation with the Christian NT, not with the Jewish Tanach.

ukok102nak

If they did, it was according to the Babylonian legend. I have already explained to you the reason why Ezra used of that legend to describe the reality he had to face in order to solve
the problem with hitbolelut. This can't work for you because you can't think without the effects that Christian preconceived notions exert on you. You have all the right in the world to use your interpretation with the Christian NT, not with the Jewish Tanach.

~;> actually
the babylonian legend doesn't match up the genesis version of the holy scripture
so why dont you trust the words of god
and dont rely on some hearsay
if we may say so

godbless
unto all always