• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A wonderful Pat Condell video on Islamophobia

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I like to watch him, but I can't get behind his right wing and nationalistic views.

Which to me is an entirely distinct agenda from anti-theism and challenging Islaam.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I'm sorry, I find this post confusing? I was bringing up hatred of Jews, not Christians. Can you help me connect the dots?
Sure, ever since I was a kid, grew up Catholic, I was taught that Jews are our allies, specifically allies of the US, some of that God bless America mentality. I can't fathom a hatred of Jews coming from a nation who thinks they are Christian. I even remember being told that the US and Israel would be protected from nuclear attack by the hand of God, kinda like the thread I mentioned said. I never grew up with any ideas that Jews are responsible for the death of Jesus. Now that was thirty years ago maybe times are different IDK. To my knowledge anti-semitism was always and still is assoiciated with a Hitler Nazi thing, and is normally detested by anyone who respects Democracy, as in most red blooded Americans.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Sure, ever since I was a kid, grew up Catholic, I was taught that Jews are our allies, specifically allies of the US, some of that God bless America mentality. I can't fathom a hatred of Jews coming from a nation who thinks they are Christian. I even remember being told that the US and Israel would be protected from nuclear attack by the hand of God, kinda like the thread I mentioned said. I never grew up with any ideas that Jews are responsible for the death of Jesus. Now that was thirty years ago maybe times are different IDK. To my knowledge anti-semitism was always and still is assoiciated with a Hitler Nazi thing, and is normally detested by anyone who respects Democracy, as in most red blooded Americans.

Well according to the article I linked to, there is a wide variety of groups who are anti-semitic - not just neo-nazis.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I'm sorry, I find this post confusing? I was bringing up hatred of Jews, not Christians. Can you help me connect the dots?
Hmmm, yeah I dont know where that's coming from, I even think Trump is pro-Israel, like big time. Your article also backs what I said with pew research saying Jews elicit warmest feelinga across several religions. I guess like the article says it's been in America likely lurking in the shadows but it most certainly is a minority thing. Article couldn't confirm it is on the rise, he liked that we didn't have that answer, and further the article said in America 2017 the first targets are Muslims and Mexicans.