• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A woman's rage

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Man Perfectly Explains Women’s Rage Today Using Brutal Analogy So That All Men Can Finally Understand It

Author A.R. Moxon has recently invited all men to participate in an exercise of empathy. He reframed women’s experiences with assault and sexual violence and presented it in a way that most guys should comprehend…

Man Perfectly Explains Women’s Rage Today Using Brutal Analogy So That All Men Can Finally Understand It

Comments?

Does it help you guys understand?
A point would be better made without the snarky generalization that
"all men" don't understand.
I notice massive misunderstanding on both opposing sides of this issue.
Of course, each believes the problem lies with the other. One has enmity
instead of empathy for Ford. The other has the same for Kavanaugh.
Neither position is based upon rational thought & evidence....or empathy.
I say they both deserve sympathy, respect & to be heard. But neither
deserves unqualified belief. That requires evidenced cogent argument.

Cautions.....
- I am more empathy challenged than your average neurotypical.
- Anyone who reflexively cries "False equivalency!" at this post is
thereby admitting a dark desire to wear my kilt over their head.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Author A.R. Moxon has recently invited all men to participate in an exercise of empathy. He reframed women’s experiences with assault and sexual violence and presented it in a way that most guys should comprehend…

Comments?

Its a sad old world when such analogies are required to get the point over.

ChristineM

Premium Member
A point would be better made without the snarky generalization that "all men" don't understand.

A guess thats down to interpretation, i see it as some men understand some dont, the article is aimed at those who dont. Its the two groups making the 'all'

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A guess thats down to interpretation, i see it as some men understand some dont, the article is aimed at those who dont. Its the two groups making the 'all'
I assumed that you're more generous than the language used.
But I still had to advise.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Can you quote the exact words that had led you to believe someone is stating "all men" don't understand. Because I don't get that from the article or the OP.
I thought the OP was abundantly clear.
Here is an excerpt, with the relevant portion underlined.
(Note: It was already a bold font in the OP.)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I thought the OP was abundantly clear.
Here is an excerpt, with the relevant portion underlined....

I think you are having some difficulty understanding English today. The underlined portion does not logically mean that all men fail to understand women's rage. Logically, it could (and most likely does) mean that only some men fail to understand women's rage, and then express the hope that the analogy will result in all men understanding women's rage.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Comments?

Yeah, to some extent, it might help to understand. I've been kicked in my genitals before, so I know what that feels like.

Among guys, there is a certain hierarchy of toughness. Some guys are tough, bruiser types - big, strong, and able to beat the crap out of the smaller, weaker, wimpier guys out there. The weaker men don't get any sympathy when they're bullied or beaten, and they're often told to "man up" or to stop being such a "crybaby."

Some well-meaning men might advise them to get in shape and learn how to fight, as portrayed in movies like "The Karate Kid." They don't expect society to bend or placate them. They learn to fight, defeat their nemeses, and gain respect the old-fashioned way. There are a few who take the idea to extremes, getting a gun and shooting up a lot of people just to demonstrate they're not wimps or crybabies - they're cold-blooded killers who might still be hated by society, yet still given more respect than the average 98-pound weakling. Sad but true.

I don't think women have any conception of that at all, and many of them might even laugh at or scorn the weaker man who can't fight or stand up for himself. The weaker, gentler men might even wonder why women go for the tough, bruiser types - because they might seem like "real men," and then also wonder why they're to blame when these "real men" beat or rape them. They might wonder, "Why was she hanging out with men like that in the first place? I never raped anyone or hurt any women, so why am *I* to blame for the choices she consciously made? Why should *I* show sympathy when no one showed any sympathy for me when I was beaten and humiliated and all those mean girls laughed about it and rubbed salt in my wounds?"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think you're quibbling to avoid admitting a mistake.

ROFL!

Had the statement been "so that men might finally understand", you would have had a point. But that was not the statement. The statement was "so that all men might finally understand". The "all" can be taken by reasonable people to imply that some men do indeed understand. You seem to think not, however. I'll leave it up to the audience, if there is one, to decide for themselves.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Comments?

I read that yesterday, it is excellent. If only the right wing could understand it.

Nous

Premium Member

Comments?

It's horrifying that in 2018 in the US so many men just haven't understood women's experience of assault and sexual violence by men.

It's especially horrifying that so many men (and apparently a few women) thought that there must be something wrong with Dr. Ford's testimony because Kavanaugh was so angry about it.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yeah, to some extent, it might help to understand. I've been kicked in my genitals before, so I know what that feels like.

Among guys, there is a certain hierarchy of toughness. Some guys are tough, bruiser types - big, strong, and able to beat the crap out of the smaller, weaker, wimpier guys out there. The weaker men don't get any sympathy when they're bullied or beaten, and they're often told to "man up" or to stop being such a "crybaby."

Some well-meaning men might advise them to get in shape and learn how to fight, as portrayed in movies like "The Karate Kid." They don't expect society to bend or placate them. They learn to fight, defeat their nemeses, and gain respect the old-fashioned way. There are a few who take the idea to extremes, getting a gun and shooting up a lot of people just to demonstrate they're not wimps or crybabies - they're cold-blooded killers who might still be hated by society, yet still given more respect than the average 98-pound weakling. Sad but true.

I don't think women have any conception of that at all, and many of them might even laugh at or scorn the weaker man who can't fight or stand up for himself. The weaker, gentler men might even wonder why women go for the tough, bruiser types - because they might seem like "real men," and then also wonder why they're to blame when these "real men" beat or rape them. They might wonder, "Why was she hanging out with men like that in the first place? I never raped anyone or hurt any women, so why am *I* to blame for the choices she consciously made? Why should *I* show sympathy when no one showed any sympathy for me when I was beaten and humiliated and all those mean girls laughed about it and rubbed salt in my wounds?"

And that excuses rape?