• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Weird Idea

Laika

Premium Member
@Kirran

Community Creation Policy

In the "additional guidelines" section the wikia on "living people" warns against creating wikia pages based on forum communities due to risk of being a "target for personal attacks, cyber bullying, unwanted exposure of personal information", etc. So I think that safely rules that out.

Oh well. I'm sure I'll have crazier ideas soon enough. :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It might also be good to use it in new ways - for example there could a page for evolutionist arguments and counter-arguments, honed and added to by each fresh discussion which goes on.
That's pretty much what I was getting at. Why have such a page here when many others already exist?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
The new forum software does have a built-in tagging system that could be used to help organize threads if you search for the tags. But most members don't seem to use the tagging system (myself included). Tagging systems only really work well if they are used frequently and regularly.
I would be encouraged to tag more if there were a list of suggested tags and styles. Should a tag be plural? Should you use a verb? Should you use Christianity, Christian, Christ or what?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I would be encouraged to tag more if there were a list of suggested tags and styles. Should a tag be plural? Should you use a verb? Should you use Christianity, Christian, Christ or what?

There are no guidelines for it. Proper tagging systems require thoughtfulness and top-down organization, as user-generated tagging systems typically end up as a big mess of misspellings, redundancies, and so on. There are ways to clean it up on the back end, but as far as I'm aware, we don't have access to any of that (and I'm not sure XenForo does that). Are you suggesting we maybe have a thread with some sort of guideline about it to encourage use? No way to know if it would take, but someone could spearhead that project. Doesn't matter if it's a member or a staff person, but the staff would look over it. :D