• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Walk in a Swamp

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Some pics from a walk around a swamp this morning

DSC_9886 -1.jpg Pied Stilt

DSC_9927 -1.jpg White-faced Heron

DSC_0065 -1.jpg Pacific Golden Plover

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
You left out Donald Trump, a verified swamp creature!!

exchemist

Veteran Member
Some pics from a walk around a swamp this morning

View attachment 25659 Pied Stilt

View attachment 25660 White-faced Heron

View attachment 25661 Pacific Golden Plover
We have the herons in London, though not the others.

When I was at school, rowing on the Thames, herons were unheard of. There were almost no fish in the river, just used contraceptives (particularly disgusting if they got stuck to the end of your oar) and the occasional dead dog. Today herons are everywhere, not only on the Thames but in any public park with water. People with goldfish ponds have to take precautions. The water is immeasurably cleaner. (You can still wreck a sculling boat on an upturned supermarket trolley at low tide, though.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have the herons in London, though not the others.

When I was at school, rowing on the Thames, herons were unheard of. There were almost no fish in the river, just used contraceptives (particularly disgusting if they got stuck to the end of your oar) and the occasional dead dog. Today herons are everywhere, not only on the Thames but in any public park with water. People with goldfish ponds have to take precautions. The water is immeasurably cleaner. (You can still wreck a sculling boat on an upturned supermarket trolley at low tide, though.)
So you're British, eh.
You're quite good at English for a foreigner.

exchemist

Veteran Member
No, I put sugar (maple syrup) on me porridge.

Ah, so a pseudo-Scots git then. Porridge is good for you, though, whatever you put on it (within reason). I am cooking mackerel in oatmeal, with supplemental bacon, tonight for supper. A Scots recipe, though the original is with herrings, I believe.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ah, so a pseudo-Scots git then. Porridge is good for you, though, whatever you put on it (within reason). I am cooking mackerel in oatmeal, with supplemental bacon, tonight for supper. A Scots recipe, though the original is with herrings, I believe.
Try anchovies.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The frubal isn't for the post...it's for the recipe.
Ah. You need to put some garlic and chilli flakes in as well. Fry garlic, chilli and and anchovies in olive oil gently, until anchovies disintegrate (does not take long), add previously cooked broccoli and stir fry it all together, then put with pasta. More oil if you like. Pretty healthy (mono-unsaturated fat, fish oil, brassica, complex carbs) and very satisfying. Last night I experimented with some leftover red wine (Bx) and it went surprisingly well with it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ah. You need to put some garlic and chilli flakes in as well. Fry garlic, chilli and and anchovies in olive oil gently, until anchovies disintegrate (does not take long), add previously cooked broccoli and stir fry it all together, then put with pasta. More oil if you like. Pretty healthy (mono-unsaturated fat, fish oil, brassica, complex carbs) and very satisfying. Last night I experimented with some leftover red wine (Bx) and it went surprisingly well with it.
You aren't one of those goormays, are you?

exchemist

Veteran Member
You aren't one of those goormays, are you?
No, but my wife was French and I did the cooking (she was a workoholic and we would have starved if she had been in charge of the kitchen). So certain standards were expected. And as a chemist (now in retirement), I jolly well ought to be able to read and execute a recipe.