• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A&W is the latest 'woke' company (joke)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
"We are the Woke. Surrender now . We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

‘Woke Police!’ Fox Falls For Obviously Fake Story That Root Beer Chain is Putting Pants on ‘Polarizing’ Mascot

“Since 1963, Rooty the Great Root Bear has been our beloved spokesbear,” A&W said in its statement. “We knew people would notice because he’s literally a 6-foot tall bear wearing an orange sweater. But now we get it — even a mascot’s lack of pants can be polarizing. Therefore, we have decided that Rooty will wear jeans going forward.”

A&W followed up its statement with a clarification for those who did not get it: “Is now a good time to mention this is a joke? ”

As it turned out, it was a clarification that came too late for Fox.

Screen-Shot-2023-01-25-at-11.58.57-AM.jpg

On Fox Business program Mornings With Maria Wednesday, Cheryl Casone expressed outrage over the A&W statement.

“First it was M&M’s, now a bear has to wear pants,” she exclaimed. “This is the woke police. Cancel culture has gone ridiculous.”

“Quit your crying!” Maria Bartiromo told the root beer company. She subsequently turned to guest panelist James Freeman and asked him “you think it’s a joke?”

Freeman and the rest of the panel went on to speculate that A&W’s statement was a play for attention.

Fox Business later updated the headline of its article to note the statement was a joke.

‘Woke Police!’ Fox Falls For Obviously Fake Story That Root Beer Chain is Putting Pants on ‘Polarizing’ Mascot

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good thing Fox is woke up to being woke, huh? Good thing they're canceling cancel culture. And it's especially a good thing no one can recognize their hypocrisy when it flaunts itself as being more woke than woke.

Methinks the Fox doth protest too loudly. ;)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
ChatGPT needs to be updated:

Q: How many products or companies has Fox News labeled "woke"?

A: I'm sorry, I do not have that information. The term "woke" is often used to describe people or organizations that are seen as being politically aware and socially conscious, particularly with regards to issues of race and social justice. It is not clear if Fox News has a specific list of products or companies that it has labeled "woke." Additionally, the term is a colloquial and somewhat subjective, hence it's usage might vary depending on the context and source.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Do borrow from South Park:
Righties went on a wokie hunt
Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb
Wherever they looked they thought it evil
Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb
Even if it didn't happen they still cried
Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.
Though they knew not what it was
Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
I've always thought of Sacha Baron Cohen as being "the man" when it comes to trolling racists, antisemites, homophobes, and creeps in politics. But I've got to say this for A&W... Very nice. :)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I've always thought of Sacha Baron Cohen as being "the man" when it comes to trolling racists, antisemites, homophobes, and creeps in politics. But I've got to say this for A&W... Very nice. :)

Sacha Baron Cohen is highly controversial among a lot of Arabs and Muslims, actually, mainly because some of his work is perceived to be racist and reaffirming of harmful stereotypes.

I haven't watched any of his work, but it's interesting to read another perspective on his work that differs from the perspectives I usually encounter.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Sacha Baron Cohen is highly controversial among a lot of Arabs and Muslims, actually, mainly because some of his work is perceived to be racist and reaffirming of harmful stereotypes.

I haven't watched any of his work, but it's interesting to read another perspective on his work that differs from the perspectives I usually encounter.

I honestly wasn't aware of Cohen being controversial among a lot of Arabs and Muslims. I know that there have been some Jews who objected to Cohen's antisemitic Borat character, but I think that's because they missed his point.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I honestly wasn't aware of Cohen being controversial among a lot of Arabs and Muslims. I know that there have been some Jews who objected to Cohen's antisemitic Borat character, but I think that's because they missed his point.

He's widely criticized in the Arab world by people who have seen his work. I could link a few articles, but perhaps that's best left for another thread (or for PMs) due to where this thread is placed.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
He's widely criticized in the Arab world by people who have seen his work. I could link a few articles, but perhaps that's best left for another thread (or for PMs) due to where this thread is placed.

If you wouldn't mind private messaging me those links, I'd be interested to read them. Thanks for bringing this up.