• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A virus and a fever

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Fair enough. I learned old system, but needed metric for the sciences. I'm not as fluent as I would like to be (darn US educational system), but I manage.

I never could understand it myself. I remember more than 40 years ago, there was a big push towards metric, "Think Metric" and all that. The country seemed to moving in that direction, and then, it suddenly stopped.

I don't recall it being any real kind of significant political issue one way or the other, so there was no obvious reason for the U.S. to inexplicably abandon the idea of switching to metric.

If there had been massive public protests against switching to metric, then I could see, but absent that, it makes zero sense whatsoever.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I never could understand it myself. I remember more than 40 years ago, there was a big push towards metric, "Think Metric" and all that. The country seemed to moving in that direction, and then, it suddenly stopped.

I don't recall it being any real kind of significant political issue one way or the other, so there was no obvious reason for the U.S. to inexplicably abandon the idea of switching to metric.

If there had been massive public protests against switching to metric, then I could see, but absent that, it makes zero sense whatsoever.

I recall a lot of push back and resistance. I was supporting the change, but most of those around me didn't want it. It was even ridiculed. I remember a poster of 36-24-36 applying to a child and not an adult woman.