• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A very strange Kali Experience

Hi guys
So this week I ordered a couple of Radha Krishna Statues and a Shiva statue as I decided to set up my own home shrine as per some of your guy's suggestions. Last night I decided to try and do some worship and I printed out a picture of Kali. I had been watching videos on her and decided It might make sense to include this aspect of God in my worship.
Well I had some very strange things happen. After I grabbed the picture and bowed in front of it I felt like I had been seized by a giant hand. I felt myself being pushed towards the ground and it felt like I had a hard time getting up. I could feel myself being pinned down by some force and I just supplicated myself to Kali saying that I would accept whatever god's will was for me.
I was told that I needed to take two weeks break from certain recreational substances and that in that time i needed to devote myself wholly to God. It was incredibly intense and after I laid there for awhile I felt an incredible blissful calm come over me.

I don't know what all that was about , maybe it was all in my head or something but that was one of the most intense spiritual experiences I've ever had. What are your guy's thoughts on all this?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi guys
So this week I ordered a couple of Radha Krishna Statues and a Shiva statue as I decided to set up my own home shrine as per some of your guy's suggestions. Last night I decided to try and do some worship and I printed out a picture of Kali. I had been watching videos on her and decided It might make sense to include this aspect of God in my worship.
Well I had some very strange things happen. After I grabbed the picture and bowed in front of it I felt like I had been seized by a giant hand. I felt myself being pushed towards the ground and it felt like I had a hard time getting up. I could feel myself being pinned down by some force and I just supplicated myself to Kali saying that I would accept whatever god's will was for me.
I was told that I needed to take two weeks break from certain recreational substances and that in that time i needed to devote myself wholly to God. It was incredibly intense and after I laid there for awhile I felt an incredible blissful calm come over me.

I don't know what all that was about , maybe it was all in my head or something but that was one of the most intense spiritual experiences I've ever had. What are your guy's thoughts on all this?

I think that's awesome.

I wish you a meaningful next two weeks.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi guys

You should probably stop taking these substances.

ajay0

A similar incident happened to a young friend of mine who was onto drugs.

On a certain tuesday while having an afternoon nap, he had a dream of Hanuman appearing and stating that the drugs were poison. Upon waking up, he found that the next door neighbor was having bhajans with respect to Hanuman, as it was a Tuesday, which was associated with Hanumanji.

After having a couple of dreams in this regard, it induced my friend to stop his drug intake permanently.

As per Hinduism and Buddhism, intoxicants like drugs and alcohol create cravings and addictions, which make the mind impure and the inner bliss and peace of the Self becomes less accessible.

It is perhaps possible that DharmaCatLamp was a devotee of Kali in a past life , and hence there could be an association.

Last edited:
A similar incident happened to a young friend of mine who was onto drugs.

On a certain tuesday while having an afternoon nap, he had a dream of Hanuman appearing and stating that the drugs were poison. Upon waking up, he found that the next door neighbor was having bhajans with respect to Hanuman, as it was a Tuesday, which was associated with Hanumanji.

After having a couple of dreams in this regard, it induced my friend to stop his drug intake permanently.

As per Hinduism and Buddhism, intoxicants like drugs and alcohol create cravings and addictions, which make the mind impure and the inner bliss and peace of the Self becomes less accessible.

It is perhaps possible that DharmaCatLamp was a devotee of Kali in a past life , and hence there could be an association.
I had wondered if this might be the case. I can certainly said I have never had a reaction like that before and it is making me consider the whole activity in a new light. At the very least I am taking a two week break and focusing on more devotion to Krishna , Shiv and Kali as those are the 3 that keep popping out to me.