• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A User’s Guide to a Journey Called Mindfulness

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow Earthlings

I hope you are enjoying your experiences here at the forum today!

Here is a site I found in my recent meanderings.

For a taste -

It’s a paradox that never goes away. You start meditating because you want to get somewhere to find some improvement, gain some benefits. But if you reach for benefits, as longtime meditator Jessica Morey says, “you can become striving-oriented, obsessed with trying to get somewhere, to gain experiences.” And yet, meditation, like life, can feel like a journey. It may not be clear where you’re going or whether you have a destination at all, and yet you keep going. It’s not a path from A to Z. It meanders, cycles, and circles back on itself. Fortunately, there are fellow travelers.

As we at Mindful know from speaking with a lot of people, different questions can pop up at different stages of their journey, whether they are dipping their toes in the water of meditation for the first time, starting to make it a bigger part of their life, or have been doing it for many years. And no matter where you are, it always helps to have the attitude of a beginner, humbled by the power of the mind.

A User’s Guide to a Journey Called Mindfulness - Mindful

Much much more at that site - if you have the time & inclination!

Enjoy the rest of your browsing!

Cheers!