• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A thing I am trying with God recently.With out of body experiences

Frank Goad

I want to pray to God to show me the difference between a literal out of body experience.And an out of body experience that is a vision.So he can show me the difference between the two.:)And if only one is real.Or both.:) I think God will answer me because of Luke 11:9-10

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I want to pray to God to show me the difference between a literal out of body experience.And an out of body experience that is a vision.So he can show me the difference between the two.:)And if only one is real.Or both.:) I think God will answer me because of Luke 11:9-10
I don't think He will... (but He doesn't have to follow my thought)

1 John 5:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

I find nothing where what you are asking is "according to his will"

Frank Goad

I don't think He will... (but He doesn't have to follow my thought)

1 John 5:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

I find nothing where what you are asking is "according to his will"

I just want to know if an out of body experience is a vision or literal.Or both.Why wouldn't God want me to know the answer?:confused:

Frank Goad

In 2 Corinthians 12:1-4.Paul talks about his out of body experience being a vision in verse 1.And in verses 2-4 it sounds like he literally might be out of body.I just want God to clear it up for me.:)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I just want to know if an out of body experience is a vision or literal.Or both.Why wouldn't God want me to know the answer?:confused:

If it was God, you would have known by now. IMO

A vision can be a word of knowledge or a word of wisdom. The answer of "is it of God" isn't as hard as one thinks. It can usually be determined by simply judging what we saw or heard by the word of God.

Even Paul said, "Whether in the body or out of the body, I do not know". Maybe He doesn't want us to focus on the experience but rather focus on Him and His message? Certainly, if Paul didn't know, I'm not sure how we would qualify for knowing.

Frank Goad

If it was God, you would have known by now. IMO

A vision can be a word of knowledge or a word of wisdom. The answer of "is it of God" isn't as hard as one thinks. It can usually be determined by simply judging what we saw or heard by the word of God.

Even Paul said, "Whether in the body or out of the body, I do not know". Maybe He doesn't want us to focus on the experience but rather focus on Him and His message? Certainly, if Paul didn't know, I'm not sure how we would qualify for knowing.

So your saying if my prayer to God works I will know it for a fact?:)Cool!:cool:

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

God only used such experiences on his trusted servants in order for them to have the experience recorded for our benefit.....do you qualify? Why would God want to give you an out of body experience just because you are indecisive?

God doesn’t do ‘tricks’ to convince people who can’t make up their minds....the Pharisees asked Jesus to do tricks so that they could be convinced of his authenticity....he refused. Faith doesn’t need tricks.

Chris Lovel

searcher

As an NDE'er and OBE'er I can tell you you will not find the answer in the Bible. For one it is not a reliable source of information, having over 400 conflicting passages, I suggest to visit accredited web sites operated by Universities and scientist such as www.iands.org of nderf.org. These sites will show you that the OBE is in fact real and operates because we are all spiritual beings having a human experience and our soul is in the form of a conscious energy. Being energy we are eternal, (sound familiar), I hope this helps.