1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Texas Welcome...come on in.

Discussion in 'North American Politics' started by Good-Ole-Rebel, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302
    Religion:
    Christian
    Chapter and verse. (Matt. 12:14), (Mark 3:6), (Luke 22:2), (John 11:45-57)

The Kingdom was being offered and the King was present. (Matt. 3:2-3), (Matt. 4:17), (Matt. 6:10), (Matt. 10:5-6) The Kingdom was ready to be set up. Violence surrounded it's coming as I have showed you. It was rejected by Israel to whom it was offered.

I have always said the sword was for the individuals defense. (Luke 22:38) The Gospel message was the main weapon for the believers furthering the Kingdom. But for Messiah's establishing the Kingdom, there will be violence on His part. Again see the book of (Revelation). Read (Is. 63:1-6) . Just like God did when He established the Kingdom with Israel and destroyed the Canaanites.

What I am saying, and have said, is the sword is for defense. Jesus Christ told the disciples the time had come for them now to obtain a sword as He would no longer be present with them, as He was going to the Cross. (Luke 22:38) I showed you this, which you ignored. Compare (Matt. 10:5-13) with (Luke 22:35-38). Note the words, 'But now' in (Luke 22:36). Therefore in His absence the Christian should see to his own defense. Thus there is no problem for the Christian today carrying a gun, and using it for his defense. And the authorities have agreed and approved of what took place in the shooting in Fort Worth.

As I said, Jesus was not resisting any government. The very verse you have used proves it. (Matt. 26:53) He submitted to the powers though He could have easily destroyed those powers. There is no comparison of Jesus with Gandhi. Jesus was accomplishing His mission in the offering of the Kingdom to Israel. Due to it's rejection by Israel, Jesus would accomplish His mission in paying for the sins of the world, leaving the Kingdom which is to come at a later date. Had Israel received her Messiah, (Is. 63: 1-6) would have taken place. Violence. Jesus was crucified by Rome due to the request of the Jews. As Pilate said, he found no fault in Him. (Luke 23:4)

Good-Ole-Rebel

2. Kangaroo Feathers

Kangaroo Feathers Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

Ratings:
    +8,666
    Religion:
    Catholic
  3. Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302
    Religion:
    Christian
    In post #(270) you said, "The world is violent against peace". In post #(279) you say "The world system is about peace".

Well, your confusion concerning the Kingdom, the Church, and Israel, is your problem. Not mine.

The Jews didn't choose God. God chose them. I already showed you. (Deut. 14:2). The Jews have a habit of rejecting God. Concerning (Matt. 15:26), I didn't take it out of context. It is what Jesus said.

As I said, if you want to discuss the Confederate flag, go to the 'Nikki Haley' thread. If you don't want to, that is fine too.

Good-Ole-Rebel

4. Kangaroo Feathers

Ratings:
    +8,666
    Religion:
    Catholic
  5. Kangaroo Feathers

Ratings:
    +8,666
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Nothing to discuss. A symbol or traitors and losers, as previously established.

6. Milton Platt

Milton Platt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,255
    Religion:
    Atheist
    I agree with you there...if you have not already stumbled upon the intruder or he has not entered the room you are in and the door is closed and locked, then, by all means retreat. That leaves all the other instances.