• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A sweet little gesture

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
One of my coworkers, a woman maybe in her 30s is so sweet I want to take her home and put her in my china cabinet.

We were working on a minor project for which she stopped by my cubicle. My coworkers all know my cube is a veritable Hindu shrine. I do everything to excess. :facepalm:

So, she reaches towards my monitor and says "may I?" I was at a loss but I said "oh uh, yeah, sure!" (I had no idea what she meant). So she cupped her hands over my little brass murthis and then raised her hands to her eyes.

I thought that was such a nice, genuine and honest gesture... she took my shrine seriously. :)

Now, if I can only light an oil lamp and incense without having

IMG_5208.jpg

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Light an incense and oil lamp without having what? Couldn't follow.

Incense and oil lamps (or candles, which I use from time to time) are typically frowned upon in an office cubicle here in the states.

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Incense and oil lamps (or candles, which I use from time to time) are typically frowned upon in an office cubicle here in the states.

Oh I get it.... Its a joke meant for the omniscience of god like Lord Shiva in Chidambaram.

I enjoyed the parallel or not so, between work vs. deity in office.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Now, if I can only light an oil lamp and incense without having
View attachment 28031
You have a nice set up there. I will advice you against incense. That may not be liked by other people, but something like Jasmine/Sandal fragrance. Of course, earthern lamps and candles may not be appropriate but flickering LCD lamps can be used. Kindly convey my apprecition to your friend's nice gesture.

I had two large framed images (3'x4') of Rama-Sita and Radha-Krishna in my cubicle (not visible to visitors) at one time.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. :)

I was pretty much joking about the incense and lamps. It would probably set off the smoke detectors.