• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A suggestion on corona

atanu

Premium Member
I write this with apprehensions. But I thought it over -- if the following helps even a few it will be worthy.

There is no prophylactic against corona, probably except quinine. In India, traditionally a few herbal extracts are said to be protective and curative against infections in general and especially of the flue types. The most recommended ones for protection against throat problems are Indian Gooseberry, Guduchi, Ginger, Turmeric, Long Pepper (or simple Black Pepper) and Ashwagandha. A mixture prepared under GMP is sold by Organic India -- an Ayurvedic manufacturer run by an American.

https://www.amazon.in/Organic-India...=immunity+organic+india&qid=1585842498&sr=8-3

Unfortunately, it is not available in India now. Stocks have been lapped up. You can try in your respective country.

Or, a mixture can be prepared using pure powder products in equal amounts and taking the mixture 1 spoon with honey or hot water twice or thrice daily. Plus hot salt water gargles.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have a different view. Doctors who I really really trust are recommending things that have a possibility of helping because of some evidence on their affect on viruses: zinc, vitamin D and even possibly vitamin C.

It's one thing to prevent getting the bug, they won't do that. But there is evidence that if you get it, the symptoms will be milder and the recovery quicker.

exchemist

Veteran Member
None of this will make much difference, though psychologically it may help some people feel more "in control".

What will make a difference is keeping your immune system healthy, through a balanced diet, staying well hydrated and being careful with alcohol, as this temporarily weakens the immune system.

atanu

Premium Member
Which is why it is called Mahacittera

I cannot find reference to that. But thank you for bringing up kalamegh. It is the major ingredient in a preparation called Sudarshan churna or Sudarshan ghanavati, used commonly in case of fevers.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
I write this with apprehensions. But I thought it over -- if the following helps even a few it will be worthy.

There is no prophylactic against corona, probably except quinine. In India, traditionally a few herbal extracts are said to be protective and curative against infections in general and especially of the flue types. The most recommended ones for protection against throat problems are Indian Gooseberry, Guduchi, Ginger, Turmeric, Long Pepper (or simple Black Pepper) and Ashwagandha. A mixture prepared under GMP is sold by Organic India -- an Ayurvedic manufacturer run by an American.

https://www.amazon.in/Organic-India...=immunity+organic+india&qid=1585842498&sr=8-3

Unfortunately, it is not available in India now. Stocks have been lapped up. You can try in your respective country.

Or, a mixture can be prepared using pure powder products in equal amounts and taking the mixture 1 spoon with honey or hot water twice or thrice daily. Plus hot salt water gargles.

Also: blood letting has been used in Europe over centuries.

atanu

Premium Member
Also: blood letting has been used in Europe over centuries.

If that works for you go for that. I have no idea. :praying:

The herbals that I mentioned: Indian Gooseberry, Guduchi, Ashwagandha, Turmeric, Ginger, and Long Pepper are used in Ayurvedic medicine.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Thanks for sharing.

From my personal experience, I know that he is a great Ayurvedic doctor, and that Ayurveda can work "miracles" where normal medicine fails. I use the good in all the sciences: Ayurvedic medicine, "Western" medicine, Homoeopathy. All have their good /weak points, together more chances.

I was very, very sick; it was around 1996. At that time I stayed in the south of India. I got a dream to go to Pune to visit a doctor, who could help me, but I had to travel very, very fast. But alas no address. Waking up, suddenly a man, whom I met before, came to me, and out of the blue told me about a great Ayurvedic doctor living in Pune. He used to be his student. I don't believe in coincidence, so I decided to give it a try.

I went next day, 24h train trip (no fun, a real challenge to practice "power of mind over body"). I arrived just in time, as Vasant Lad was scheduled to go for 6 month to his clinic in New Mexico in a few days (Proving to me, that my dream was "real" and a gift from "heaven").

He gave me Ayurvedic medicine + Ayurvedic diet. I was very sick, but from medical POV a very interesting study case, so he asked me, if I was willing to attend his classes on Ayurveda as "study object", and being able to attend his lectures, and learn more about my diseases and Ayurveda. I was delighted with this offer:). I learned so much about Ayurveda in those few days, that I could have never learned anywhere else, I think.

I followed his Ayurvedic diet advice and took his Ayurvedic medicine. And 1 month later, my regular doctor could not believe his eyes, when he checked on me, and admitted "what medicine did you take, my medicines could never have achieved so much improvement".

So, yes, I fully agree, Ayurveda is wonderful, and doctor Vasant Lad means a lot to me. I forgot about this, was so long ago. So, thank you very much for sharing and thereby reminding me. I thought today "what to do to improve my immune system" and started checking RF starting in "Forum_kitchensink_generaldiscussion_currentevent" and coincidentally saw your name and thread ... so now I know what to do